Best Zelda Game

Reek

_____
Reaction score
whats the best game to you?

My favorite is A Link to the Past. followed by a 3 way tie of LoZ, OOT,and TP.

Ocarina isnt only the best Zelda game, its the best game of all time.

Link's awakening was so badass it's not even funny.

Ocarina of Time. TP is a VERY close second.

Ocarina of Time > A Link to the Past > Twilight Princess > The Wind Waker > Majora's Mask > The Legend of Zelda > Adventure of Link

I would agree with that. Although, I love Oracle of Seasons and Link's Awakening. I'd play them after TP.

A Link to the Past, followed by Ocarina and really close Twilight Princess

1. Ocarina of Time (the greatest game ever made)
2. Twilight Princess
3. Majora's Mask
4. A Link to the Past
5. Wind Waker

Ocarina is just definitive and at least in this style while TP one-uped in almost everyting, it just couldn't touch being the first in this style and not to mention such a "classical" storyline. It was just iconic for the series.

It's so difficult to choose. Funnily enough my "Best Zelda games of all time" list is pretty much identical to my "Best Games of All Time" list, except minus a few Marios.

4. The Wind Waker- It's a really, really FANTASTIC game, but it IS on the short and easy side. 9.6/10

3. A Link to the Past. I adore this game. It deserves a much better rep than it got. And it got an AWESOME rep. Seriously, I jsut fell in love with the depth of this game- it's a 2D game which kicks the ass of 99.99% of 3D games ever. 9.8/10

2. Ocarina of Time- I never thought this would be replaced. From the moment I played it, this was a 10. When taken as a game, it's STILL a 10. The depth, the sidequests, the story, the dungeons, the items, the sheer... ZELDA feeling is unbeatable. 10/10

1. Twilight Princess. They say you can't improve on perfection. They're wrong. Twilight Princess is a better game than OoT. And yet I gave OoT because to give it ANYTHING less than 10/10 is simply criminal. TP is Ocarina times 2. I can literally think of nothing OoT did better than Twilight Princess. From the wolf, to the Wiimote controls, to the breathtaking storyline and finally to the epic final boss which sets the bar higher for all boss fights in all video games ever, this was the best game I've ever played.

A Link to the Past
Ocarina of Time
Twilight Princess
Wind Waker
Majora's Mask (very underrated)
The Legend of Zelda

Ocarina of Time. Reason I don't think TP is better is for a few reasons. Main is story isn't nearly as good so far (I'm probably a little over halfway through), and I doubt I'll like it more. Another minor thing that annoys me is the howling... horrible. Another thing is (I'm not sure if they did this in Majora's Mask or Windwaker since I've never played them) almost all the songs are just re used from OoT. Once again I'm not sure if they always do this or not, due to me only played TP, OoT, LttP, and Adventure of Zelda, but it seems like lazy work and relying too heavy on OoT.

Ocarina of Time was my favorite but I admit Twilight Princess is a close second.

A Link to the Past. I loved that game. One of my favorite SNES titles

Oh man, you boys are making me hungry for Zelda :yay:
While I don't feel like justifying it, my favorite is the Original Legend of Zelda. All Zelda games, of course, run circles around everything out there :up:

Personally, Ocarina of Time definitely gave me an unforgettable experience. Twilight Princess is good and all, but doesn't really bring anything new worth nothing about, other than how its played on the Wii.

after replaying them all....

Twilight Princess Owns.

Ocarina and LttP are tied...

then the rest.

but TP is fantastic.

Link to the Past, by far. It's the most challenging (next to Legend of Zelda, but that's a whole different story) and integrated the duel worlds the best.

I found Wind Waker's story to be the most compelling, and I think it looks the best out of all the games. However, it is too short and too easy.

OoT was a watershed moment in gaming, and I can't rate the game highly enough, but I still think LttP is ultimately more satisfying.

Twilight Princess was ultimately disappointing. There is basically no story, the absolute beauty of Hyrule in twilight is ruined by the underwhelming wolf mechanics that lack everything that made Okami great, and while there are some great dungeons, you never have to use any items in any dungeon other than the one you find them in. I was not tempted to explore Hyrule once I figured out that the only reward was rupees and while the artistic design was gorgeous, it ended up feeling superficial in light of the game's shortcomings. I played it, I beat it, I enjoyed it, but now I'm selling it to buy MP3. I have little desire to replay it.

Man, no love for Links Awakening. That game rocked so hard it's not even funny. One of the most underrated Zelda games imo.

I couldn't get into the side scrolling. The beginning left me confused and I ended up leaving. I'm going to come back to it, because I've seen later levels and it looks intense, but it didn't have me at the minute I pressed A, which hurts it. Is it on VC yet?

A Link to the Past, Link's Awakening and the original are the only ones I played through, and are great. The rest annoyed me.

I couldn't get into the side scrolling. The beginning left me confused and I ended up leaving. I'm going to come back to it, because I've seen later levels and it looks intense, but it didn't have me at the minute I pressed A, which hurts it. Is it on VC yet?

Not sure. You're talking about the old game on Gameboy right? With the giant whale, and Zelda not being in it at all.

Not sure. You're talking about the old game on Gameboy right? With the giant whale, and Zelda not being in it at all.

Oops. I was talking about the second game for the NES. Adventure of Link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"