Zelda Universe Has Been Rated For "Online" By ESRB

Benstamania

Go away.
Reaction score
Zelda Universe, a title thus far unannounced by Nintendo has been outed thanks to a rating for an "online" platform by the ESRB. Even though Nintendo has not made a announcement hinting at a new Zelda game or the addition of an online component to existing Zelda projects, the mention of an "online" platform suggests they may have something up their sleeves afterall. The game only had one word for contest description, "violence." I need a moment to gather myself.

The Entertainment Software Rating Board, aka the ESRB, has gained a reputation for rating unannounced games. Today that trend continues, as a rating for Zelda Universe appeared despite the lack of any indication a game by that name actually exists.

Zelda: OoT 3D is set for next month and LoZ: Skyward Sword is on course for a 2011 release. Could Zelda Universe be an unannounced online Zelda title for the "Wii 2"? Or does the listing as an "online platform" indicate their online hub? "Zelda Universe" is the name of Zelda's official website -- but the ESRB doesn't rate websites, so could it be just a fancy flash game? So many questions!
http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/po...-been-rated-for-online-by-esrb/#ixzz1NVquvC7R

I'm beyond excited to find out what this is.

Seems like a possible Zelda MMO... Maybe for the Nintendo HD? Either way, I want to know more... Now.

Great another MMO to possibly pay for

Last edited:
I seriously doubt it's an MMO.

Though I would love to see what an MMO made by Nintendo would be like.

Last edited:
May not be an MMO, but seriously... what a way to kick off your new system launch, lol. I DO wonder what it could mean?

Maybe a meeting of all the Links throughout the history of Hyrule get thrown together to stop an ultimate evil or something? Make it Multiplayer over Nintendo's new online network? I'm buying it regardless.

Haha, if they announced that it was an online coop action adventure where each player took the role of a Link from each various time period or universe, I do believe fanboys the world over would simultaneously explode.

It would be a perfect game to show off their new console with. A HD Zelda game and then pair it up with online services showing that Nintendo has gotten the online right this time. Ah man I want to see this game now.

If anything were to be an MMO it should be Smash Brothers. That would be amazing with all of those characters

Weird, I thought someone would have posted this by now.

Ah man I want to see this game now.

You can!

You can play "Zelda Universe" by going here and clicking "Join me."

Yeah, Zelda Universe is a thing, but probably not a thing anyone cares about.

Source

Seems like a possible Zelda MMO... Maybe for the Nintendo HD? Either way, I want to know more... Now.

I think that would be the kind of thing Nintendo would do.
MMO's make massive amounts of money yet as of yet, pretty much every console one has been a failure. It's basically an un-tapped goldmine.

I disagree that this is the kind of thing Nintendo might do. In fact, I think an MMO is the total opposite of something Nintendo would do. They seem to be very skittish and noncommittal when it comes to online stuff. Also, I think if they were to make an MMO, it would probably a Pokemon game.

But definitely agree about console MMOs. I've been saying for years now that the consoles are a gold mine just waiting to be plundered by any studio who with enough money, talent, and balls to make a console MMO. And I think they're coming.

I'd be pretty dissapointed if it was just a re-skinned xbox360/ps3.
I'm hoping they do something nobody expects that has Microsoft and Sony once again scrambling to copy.

If it's anything like Four Swords Adventures it will be awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"