Better costumes: Comics or movies?

Chris Wallace said:
Dress Them In Blue Now & They'll Look Like The Fantastic 4. And Since About 8 People Besides Me Liked That Movie, You Don't Want That.

I mean something close to some of the character design concept art featured on the X-Men the movie DVD. I just always saw blue and yellow as trademark X-Men colors.

Perhaps. I Don't Think It Would Work On Film, Though.

Chris Wallace said:
Perhaps. I Don't Think It Would Work On Film, Though.

You're probably right. I'd just like to see a tad bit more color, and a somewhat different style of uniform, so we're not looking at the same things all the time.

The different colored trim was good enough for me.

They weren't very noticeable on some of the charcaters like Cyclops and Rogue. I like the cotumes but they could do if the difered a bit from charcater to charcater. Maybe colour variations and different cuts.

masterj said:
They weren't very noticeable on some of the charcaters like Cyclops and Rogue. I like the cotumes but they could do if the difered a bit from charcater to charcater. Maybe colour variations and different cuts.

Exactly.

masterj said:

I agree on that point. I personally like the black suits with the different colored piping, but the blue and green could have been a little more pronounced.

Chris Wallace said:
Maybe They Could've Colored The Shoulder Pads?

Or colored the outfits (not too brightly!), but left the shoulder pads, etc. black.

Hmmmmmm-I don't know. Maybe if I could see a manip like that I could form an opinion.

Yellow Is The One Color I Have The Most Trouble With.

No Fair Using That Pic To Supplement Your Storm Argument!

I Do Think The Ladies' Outfits Should've Been Touched Up A Bit.

Chris Wallace said:
Yellow Is The One Color I Have The Most Trouble With.
Me too.:up: Unless it's just piping, as on Wolverine's outfit.

Chris Wallace said:
No Fair Using That Pic To Supplement Your Storm Argument!

Why? I bet Halle Berry would have looked awsome in it. Also her currently silver cape is more than just tacky. I think the X-treme X men suits were cool. They had Red instead of yellow, which might have looked better on screen.

I'm Not Disputing That Halle Would Look Good In That Outfit. But You're Using What I Feel Is The Best Storm Drawing Ever & That's Not Fair.

But There's No Argument Against It When You Use That Pic.
I Also Happened To Love The X-treme Costumes. The Lightning Bolt Down The Torso, The Red-oh, It Was Epic. Could You Post A Pic Of That, Just For Nostalgia's Sake?

xtremexmen07salvadorlarocca0fj.jpg

How's this? I really like the red/blue color scheme on rague's uniform.

i personally prefer the comics look...astonishing x-mens costumes, i think, would translate pretty well into a movie. hell, they pulled it off in fantastic four and spiderman, why not x-men? i really wish x-men would have gone with more individualized costumes in the movies, rather than a uniform...seeing as the school prett much has a revolving door of characters. i always wanted to see rogue in something green and white...and scott in something like his astonishing costume. storm should show some more skin...something circa the onslaught run (we all saw halle in catwoman, she can pull it off!) would be fitting. the only one i can't really place is phoenix/jean grey...she's never had good costumes, except for the phoenix ones, but those would really look good on screen, i dont think. i just wanted to see the little firebird symbol somewhere on her in the movie :*(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"