Big Xbox 360 project Cancelled, Head MSG guy "on his way out"

1 person called him a characature, and she was wrong because he had a valid point, meanwhile this latest podcast probably marked the 100th time that someone on the podcast has told Garnett to shut up or taht he's not making any sense.

I just did a little research. Shane has a bad track record with "accurate rumors". At one point he claimed Devil May Cry 4 was NEVER coming to 360 and that it would remain a PS3 exclusive. He also said the 360 version of Resident Evil 5 would get canceled and the game would go PS3 exclusive. Finally, he said Ninja Gaiden 2 would me multi-platform. He's probably said a few more things that never turned out to be true at this rate. Wouldn't be surprised if these were one of them.

Um he said that RE5 360 would be cancelled in Japan, and then we got a press release stating that Capcom was consideirng not releasing a 360 version in Japan. Ninja Gaiden 2 was originally scheduled to be multiplatform. Though I do enjoy you misrepresenting what actually happened. Shane is much more reliable then say, Garnett. He has had about a 50-60 percent sucess rate with rumors, and his last like 3 have all come true. He also put a time frame on this one, as in "You'll probably here something official on it next week".

Granted you never listened to those podcasts, you just found some poster on TXB to tell you what to think.

I shall throw in that he has been hyped aboutToo Human for years, and defended it when it came under fire, his favorite Goty is Mario galaxy, and he dismissed Ratchet and Clank just in the latest podcast as being no Galaxy.

Good news Rare fans: It's not Banjo Kazooie 3.

On Rare's website:

Q: What happened to Banjo-Kazooie for XBOX 360??, I can no longer find info about that game in your site, will we see Banjo on Microsoft console? I hope we do 'cause I think that's one of the best games and was one reason I bought my 360.

A: And stop. Breathe. Banjo for Xbox 360 is still on the way. I believe we have 'one or two' other people making similar inquiries in this edition, by which I mean half the letters bang on about it to some extent.

Nah it's without a doubt the Marvel MMO. Granted we'll se in a week or two.

And Garnett backed him up on the rumor, granted that might increase the odds that it's wrong. :o

1 person called him a characature, and she was wrong because he had a valid point, meanwhile this latest podcast probably marked the 100th time that someone on the podcast has told Garnett to shut up or taht he's not making any sense.
No, I remember that. His point was crappy but they let it go because he had some form of reasoning to go with it.

Um he said that RE5 360 would be cancelled in Japan, and then we got a press release stating that Capcom was consideirng not releasing a 360 version in Japan.
No, he said RE5 would go PS3 exclusive.

Ninja Gaiden 2 was originally scheduled to be multiplatform. Though I do enjoy you misrepresenting what actually happened. Shane is much more reliable then say, Garnett. He has had about a 50-60 percent sucess rate with rumors, and his last like 3 have all come true. He also put a time frame on this one, as in "You'll probably here something official on it next week".
Great. Now 1UP has TWO unreliables.

Granted you never listened to those podcasts, you just found some poster on TXB to tell you what to think.
I listen to the podcasts quite regulary. Or at least I did before school began. Now that I have to study I don't have time to listen to 1.5 hour-long podcasts.

The post at TXB was a nice sum of Shane's untrue rumors so I paraphrased it being as it's the topic of the thread. Being reminded by a post doesn't mean I never listen to the podcasts.

And the podcast this thread is based on, I listened to. At least the section where they're talking about this rumor.

I shall throw in that he has been hyped about Too Human for years, and defended it when it came under fire, his favorite Goty is Mario galaxy, and he dismissed Ratchet and Clank just in the latest podcast as being no Galaxy.
The other 99% of the time, he's just a dope.

its too human.

Too Human just had a media blitz a month ago. The project is on track for an early 2008 release, and Microsoft isn't going to cancel a trilogy just because the first game went through an engine swap and a bad E3.

No, I remember that. His point was crappy but they let it go because he had some form of reasoning to go with it.

What was his point? :D

No, he said RE5 would go PS3 exclusive.

I'm never wrong, so we'll call this one a draw [blackout]You're right, but at least we can see where the misinformation stemmed from[/blackout]

I listen to the podcasts quite regulary. Or at least I did before school began. Now that I have to study I don't have time to listen to 1.5 hour-long podcasts.

Why not listen to it while you're doing homework? I listen to them while I'm at work. :huh:

The post at TXB was a nice sum of Shane's untrue rumors so I paraphrased it being as it's the topic of the thread. Being reminded by a post doesn't mean I never listen to the podcasts.

Heathen, Shane is one of the best parts of 1UP yours.

You always said that 1UP Yours sucks whenever I made a thread you jerk. :dry:

Too Human just had a media blitz a month ago. The project is on track for an early 2008 release, and Microsoft isn't going to cancel a trilogy just because the first game went through an engine swap and a bad E3.

"A big Microsoft first-party title that has been in the works for a very long time that people are very excited for, sounds like it's being canceled."

a marvel MMO aint big. too human is the only game i can think of thats been hyped up and has people excited and has been in the works for a very long time. rare has come out and said its not banjo, so they are out.

its too human. and i wouldn't say the game is a trilogy until the first game has proven itself.(which it probably won't). and what media blitz? the 2 videos of crappy gameplay?! woah im impressed.:whatever:

I'm going to laugh if it isn't Too Human.

"A big Microsoft first-party title that has been in the works for a very long time that people are very excited for, sounds like it's being canceled."

a marvel MMO aint big. too human is the only game i can think of thats been hyped up and has people excited and has been in the works for a very long time. rare has come out and said its not banjo, so they are out.

its too human. and i wouldn't say the game is a trilogy until the first game has proven itself.(which it probably won't). and what media blitz? the 2 videos of crappy gameplay?! woah im impressed.:whatever:

Microsoft just confirmed Too Human is still in development.

Anyway, how is an MMO not "big"? Especially one with the Marvel franchise?

What was his point? :D
I don't remember because it was a complete cop-out. He was just like "well, no" and then got really apologetic.

I'm never wrong, so we'll call this one a draw.
Oh crap, the Xbox really DOES do worse lighting than the PS2. :o

Why not listen to it while you're doing homework? I listen to them while I'm at work. :huh:
I get distracted very easily. :csad:

Heathen, Shane is one of the best parts of 1UP yours.
He's just 1UP's version of Danalys. :ninja:

You always said that 1UP Yours sucks whenever I made a thread you jerk. :dry:
It does suck. But I can't turn away from it. Jerk status = evaded.

because a marvel MMO is going to suck hard.

it's by the guys who did City Of Hereoes/Villains, which were both good, and is just set in the MU (you dont go around playing as Spider-Man or whatever)...so, what exactly about that says "it's defineitly going to suck" to you? I think it sounds good...but, we havent seen a single frame of it, so it's my guess on what's cancled...though I'm still hoping it's Alan Wake, as I dont care about that game at all :o

More news...

Everyone is talking about this, and the next one was gamespot.
They gathered that is not Banjo, Too Human, Alan Wake, Fable 2 or Halo Wars (all devs they asked said, it´s not us).
No mention on Jackson´s Halo.
They asked about Marvel´s MMO, and, at press time, they still haven´t responded.

Then again, there still isn´t 100% of that being true

For a rumor that Shane "heard from everywhere" I'm surprised not one other site has anything to say on this.

The Bungie Going Indie rumor at least had other websites like TXB backing it up.

Being as virtually all titles we know of in development, aside from the Marvel MMO, have been confirmed "not it" we are looking at the cancellation of that game, or the complete fallacy of this rumor.

Yeah, I don't know why'd they even consider Fable 2. Lionhead has been working on that project far too long to just drop it now, especially considering it's their flagship title and the most assured to be a commercial success.

Yeah, I don't know why'd they even consider Fable 2. Lionhead has been working on that project far too long to just drop it now, especially considering it's their flagship title and the most assured to be a commercial success.
Yeah, Fable 1 sold over 2 million units and was universally warmly received despite not being anything like what it was first demoed as. Stopping development of the sequel after three years would be a very stupid movie. Especially on a platform that has a good track-record with RPGs.

Yeah, Fable 2 sold over 2 million units and was universally warmly received despite not being anything like what it was first demoed as. Stopping development of the sequel after three years would be a very stupid movie. Especially on a platform that has a good track-record with RPGs.

Wait, you've been to the future? Tell me, do they have hover cars in the year two-oh-oh-eight and if so, are they all that the movies crack them up to be?

And I agree that the stopping the development of a sequel would be a horrible movie. It'd be 10 minutes at best including the credits.

Son of a ****e. There, fixed. But you're wrong about one thing Xtro. Fable 2 is at least a two-hour run through fenced-off plainlands.

Son of a ****e. There, fixed. But you're wrong about one thing Xtro. Fable 2 is at least a two-hour run through fenced-off plainlands.

Check again, you missed your last mistake. The one I was making fun of with my second "paragraph". Now read my post in context of that typo and you'll get it.

Check again, you missed your last mistake. The one I was making fun of with my second "paragraph". Now read my post in context of that typo and you'll get it.

Aw dammit. I'm just not a good typist anymore. :csad:

<singing> Here are the days... when I am Zenien.

It's because we haven't berated her enough lately; this is the heavenly punishment for our complacency.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"