Bill Clinton smacking down Chris Wallace.

Truthteller said:
Yes, really. :yay:
no, seriously
Truthteller said:
who would you trust?
Truthteller said:
It was a question of him using the attacks as a distraction at specific times that he was in hot water as I recall. And as you know I don't give a damn about the Repblicans (or the Democrats for that matter).
but, that's the thing, he didn't "use" them because terrorism became an objective of the Clinton admin. prior to his scandals, the acussation was thrown out there, but that doesn't make it true does it?
Truthteller said:
Thats right. :o
No, not to me anyway.sorry if it came of like that, but it was rather a compliment.
Truthteller said:
Glad you see it that way. You are correct. My comment about the slack-jawed followers of the "Cult of Bill Clinton" - although not directed at any specific SHH poster - was indeed a bit over the top. Good point.
okey dokey, then perhaps you shouldn't have posted it directly after posts defending Clinton, lest we all think we are "slack jawed" cultists......:cwink:

KingOfDreams said:
Mr. Show's alright. I liked him on Arrested Development. Here's a good clip of Black's stand-up...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5WbYYlUuG0

how did i forget about AD???!????!? who wouldn't love the world's first "analrapist"?

i'll have to watch that clip later since youtube doesn't work for me here at work.

Truthteller said:
Sorry you didn't like my post. I suggest you get over it and cease with the ridiculous personal attacks. Judging by your post, the notion of taking advice from you on matters of decorum and debate is truely comical. Not even close. You have not proven Jack Crap other than you have a knack for insulting people that you shouldn't and true lack of judgement in your ability to judge integrity.

As for Richard Clark. He was not demoted. Rather he was to be director of the new cyber-terrorism effort. A new and very important initiative. Hardly a demotion. Here is Clark on the the so-called "comprehensive anti-terror plan" left by the Clinton administration:

Finally, Richard Clarke himself debunked the story in a background briefing with reporters. He said he presented two things to the incoming Bush administration: “One, what the existing strategy had been. And two, a series of issues — like aiding the Northern Alliance, changing Pakistan policy, changing Uzbek policy — that they had been unable to come to any new conclusions from ‘98 on.”

A reporter asked: “Were all of those issues part of an alleged plan that was late December and the Clinton team decided not to pursue because it was too close to — ”

“There was never a plan, Andrea,” Clarke answered. “What there was was these two things: One, a description of the existing strategy, which included a description of the threat.( That sounds like it might be a ...what do you call that...oh yeah a strategy)And two, those things which had been looked at over the course of two years, and which were still on the table.”

“So there was nothing that developed, no documents or no new plan of any sort?

“There was no new plan.”

“No new strategy? I mean, I mean, I don’t want to get into a semantics — “

“Plan, strategy — there was no, nothing new.”

“Had those issues evolved at all from October of ‘98 until December of 2000?”

“Had they evolved? Not appreciably.”http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=MjZmOTBmNjA0ZGFmMGY4ZjM5ZGY1M2IzMWQ4MTBmMTY=
I hope you enjoyed it. ;)

Truthteller, I think you need to be a little more critical with your fact checking since the author of said article wrote a book called: — Byron York, NR’s White House correspondent, is the author of the book The Vast Left Wing Conspiracy: The Untold Story of How Democratic Operatives, Eccentric Billionaires, Liberal Activists, and Assorted Celebrities Tried to Bring Down a President — and Why They’ll Try Even Harder Next Time.

What was that about judging integrity.

^Truthteller would believe York but not Clarke or the 9/11 commission. Hmmm...

Cute Dorky. Cute. I'm not posting speculation at the moment, so what I "THINK" about the matter isn't an issue.

Truthteller in response to your attack on me "insulting posters" I'll say this. I have every right to insult you if you think because your name is big bold red letters you can come in here and be the end all be all of a discussion without posting a single thing to validate your claims. I may be arrogant, I may act like I know a lot, but that is because I work very hard. If I make a claim, even a small one, I make sure to fact check said claim.

Coming in here and saying "the truth is" before every errant thought you type is not only insulting, it's demeaning. At the very least I can say most neo-conservatives and conservatives like cass actually posted things off conservative website to attempt to validate their claims.

You on the other hand sat their smuggly for a page and a half, calling a poster who called you on your bullsh** "cute". Then when you were asked to prove your point you convienently shifted the burden of proof to everyone else but yourself.

The truth is...just because you put "Truthteller" in big red letters does not give you any right to go around claiming what you know is the truth.

ShadowBoxing said:
The truth is...just because you put "Truthteller" in big red letters does not give you any right to go around claiming what you know is the truth.
correction...what he thinks is the truth. ;)

Good god, probations will rain down from the heavens. Dew's Doombots will overrun the thread and destroy us all and the HFSC will reveal his true purpose.

Darthphere said:
Good god, probations will rain down from the heavens. Dew's Doombots will overrun the thread and destroy us all and the HFSC will reveal his true purpose.
I am sure Truthteller is a understanding enough mod that he would not ban someone simply for disagreeing with him.

ShadowBoxing said:
Truthteller in response to your attack on me "insulting posters" I'll say this. I have every right to insult you if you think because your name is big bold red letters you can come in here and be the end all be all of a discussion without posting a single thing to validate your claims. I may be arrogant, I may act like I know a lot, but that is because I work very hard. If I make a claim, even a small one, I make sure to fact check said claim.

Coming in here and saying "the truth is" before every errant thought you type is not only insulting, it's demeaning. At the very least I can say most neo-conservatives and conservatives like cass actually posted things off conservative website to attempt to validate their claims.

You on the other hand sat their smuggly for a page and a half, calling a poster who called you on your bullsh** "cute". Then when you were asked to prove your point you convienently shifted the burden of proof to everyone else but yourself.

I'm gonna miss you, ShadowBoxing.

But Biggie's been dead for years...

Didn't you hear? Bill Clinton joined the Ghostbusters after his second term in the White House ended.

ShadowBoxing said:

All Hail the shadow boxer! Leader of the Posters!:woot:

Hey ShadowBoxing, just thought I would chime in and congradulate you on your handiling of Truthteller. Well done, you're really showing him!

Superman said:
Nothing? OK.

From the first link:

"Threat Magnitude: Do the Principals agree that the al Qida network poses a first order threat to US interests in number or regions, or is this analysis a "chicken little" over reaching and can we proceed without major new initiatives and by handling this issue in a more routine manner?"

Yes, I did find it interesting. However, it's a memo which poses a QUESTION - not a recommendation. It sounds like the last administration (Clinton) also wasn't sure how *seriously* to pursue the "al qida" network, and this memo was simply pointing out that this is an issue that sits on the table for consideration.

No one, Clinton or Bush administration, could have predicted what would happen on 9/11. So for ANYONE to sit here and criticize EITHER of them for a lack of action which could have prevented 9/11, it's purely political and partisan.

You do realize that by doing this and citing these erroneous "short comings" of the Bush administration, you're only doing the same thing that republicans are doing to Clinton, right?

As for the second link: Politics as usual. Both sides do this.

Superman said:
Nothing? OK.

Are you trying to make it sound like the Republicans were all against it? Simply not true. Some were skeptical but how can you blame them? Well I should say I can see why there was distrust of his actions instead of how can you blame them. I mean the truth of Lewinsky-gate was just coming out.

http://partners.nytimes.com/library/world/africa/082198attack-us.html

From that article...

But while the Republican leadership rallied to support the raids, some members of Congress reacted suspiciously, noting that the action followed by three days Clinton's acknowledgment to the public and a grand jury of his relationship with former intern Monica Lewinsky.

...more

Congressional leaders were briefed about the planned raid Wednesday night and Thursday morning. For the most part, Republican leaders praised Clinton's decision and urged more aggressive action against terrorism.

House Speaker Newt Gingrich expressed firm support, and Senate Majority Leader Trent Lott, said, "Our response appears to be appropriate and just."

Others were more critical. Accusing Clinton of "lies and deceit and manipulations and deceptions," Sen. Dan Coats, R-Ind., said the president's record "raises into doubt everything he does and everything he says, and maybe even everything he doesn't do and doesn't say."

So, the two Republican leaders in the Congress praised and supported Clinton's action. And one Republican senator said that he was suspicious of everything Clinton does and doesn't do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"