Bill & Ted Face the Music

A third Bill and Ted would be the shiz..nit. *Plays air-guitar*

Hopefully the script features William Sadler as Death.

I wonder how they are going to do it without Rufus though.

Nice to hear script is done. I hope they get greenlight soon. As for rufus deal they either will make it someone else, or say his kid goes back in time to hhel bill and ted.

Excellent ! Alex Winter replied to Kelly Carlin (George's daughter)

Alex Winter ‏ alxwinter
“@kelly_carlin: I was a featured extra in the first one. When you guys land in the future and we all play the air guitar.” >that's great!

Alex Winter ‏ alxwinter
“@kelly_carlin: is it true? Bill & Ted's 3?” > Hey Kelly. -Script done? Check. -We love it? Check. -Green light? Working on it!

I still remember the cartoon. It's a party, that's fa' sho.

i hope alex gives us some details on script once they get greenlight.

i'm actually looking forward to this! it's a shame that George Carlin is no longer alive though. i wonder what route they'll take with that.

at least this can make for a believable sequel because both Keanu and Alex still look great at their age. can't say the same about the Ghostbusters :csad:

William Sadler Says the Grim Reaper May Return in Bill and Ted 3

"I'm not sure if it's a done deal yet. I know they're trying to write The Grim Reaper in. (Writer-star) Alex (Winter) said, 'How could we do this without the Reaper?' I'm hopeful. I'd love to go back and play with those guys again. That was one of the most fun roles I've done. I'll be there in a heartbeat, if they want to do it."
http://www.movieweb.com/news/exclus...-the-grim-reaper-may-return-in-bill-and-ted-3

Since Carlin is out, I say get Louis CK.

He's my favorite current stand up because he's such a product of Carlin's influence; but I wouldn't want to see anybody trying to ape Rufus in the new one. Maybe have a new guy but not someone who is Carlin esque. Someone who can do their own thing and be different enough to feel like more than just a place holder.

Wouldn't mind seeing reaper again. And since george is gone he would be a good guy to bring back. If they wanted a rufus like character, didn't rufus say he had some kids. So maybe they could have one of his kids come back in time to get the guys or something.

With Keanu Reeves, Alex Winter, and Galaxy Quest Director Dean Parisot Attached, Bill & Ted May Ride Again

Strange things are afoot at the Circle K, dudes: Vulture hears exclusively that a long-thought-impossible third Bill & Ted film is coalescing — and yes, both Keanu Reeves and Alex Winter are attached to star.

Original Bill & Ted creators Ed Solomon and Chris Matheson have also attached Dean Parisot (Galaxy Quest) to direct their script. Unlike so many recent studio remakes, which have simply recycled old material for a new generation, Solomon and Matheson took the unusual step of writing their third Bill & Ted script on spec in an attempt to ensure a take that would address where Mssrs. Ted Theodore Logan and Bill S. Preston, Esq. are in their lives today as opposed to being a reboot or remake. Insiders tell Vulture the hope is to make a mid-priced studio comedy like Hot Tub Time-Machine.

Where the third film might land is still not clear: MGM Pictures still owns the rights to Bill & Ted, but we hear that this new package is currently being shopped to other studios to co-finance it. (This, of course, is a tactic the recently back-from-the-dead MGM is also currently employing on Valley Girl, another planned eighties remake. Best known for having a very young Nicolas Cage tell us to “**** off, ‘fershure, like, totally!” that project was recently set up at Paramount Pictures.)

But even if Bill & Ted 3 does get set up at a studio, it would need to wait until Parisot finishes directing the sequel to Lionsgate’s 2010 film RED, which starts shooting this spring. On the other hand, this does leave plenty of time for younger audiences to Google “phone booth” and try to comprehend this artifact of the ancients.

Solomon and Matheson, meanwhile, are seeing the finishing touches being put on their Rapturepalooza, a Lionsgate horror-comedy that Matheson wrote and Solomon produced. It stars Anna Kendrick and Horrible Bosses co-star and screenwriter John Francis Daley, and follows two teens who must brave the apocalypse and defeat the Antichrist.

We’ll keep you updated on where Bill & Ted 3 lands if we can — or if it doesn’t, which would be like, totally, heinous — and what this latest adventure might be called. In fact, now is probably a good time to take title suggestions. Thoughts?

Source

Parisot? Most triumphant.

Now we just need a Galaxy Quest sequel after this one

Interesting. Also, that article poses a good question... what will the movie be called? My guess is that it will have more to do with time travel than life and death, since everyone likes Excellent Adventure more than Bogus Journey (except for my annoying contrarian ex-girlfriend), but the titles of the first two films didn't really reveal anything about the plot so, perhaps the best way to go is to be more vague. Of course, their music was supposed to change the world in the future, so perhaps the sequel would deal with that actually happening...

Bill & Ted's Epic Return
Bill & Ted's Unprecedented Odyssey
Bill & Ted's Magnum Opus
Bill & Ted: We're History
Bill & Ted's Most Heinous Descent

Nice to see them both set to come back and a director on board. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

now this is a sequel to an 80s franchise that i can look forward to!

I was telling a friend, I'd like to see a scene where Bill & Ted express their disappointment with hipsters/scene kids, whatever the heck they're called these days. "Those people".

I wonder if Bill & Ted are going to talk modern slang or still talk with their late 80s/ early 90s sufer/valley Cali slang saying stuff like bogus, melvin and party on, ect

I wonder if Bill & Ted are going to talk modern slang or still talk with their late 80s/ early 90s sufer/valley Cali slang saying stuff like bogus, melvin and party on, ect

I think they are gonna almost be frozen in time, and can't seem to get with the modern days. I want to see Keanu Reeves act like surfer dude again.

I incredibly love these films, I do, but seeing them as Bill and Ted while looking like they do now is gonna be...weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"