Biopics

cerealkiller182

Must Get Deadpool Avatar
Reaction score
Biopics are some of my favorite movies. It think its interesting that people lead the kind of lives that make people want to see a movie about them or make a movie about them.I want to know others favorite Biopics and what people you want to see a biopic made of? FYI, Biopic is biography picture, so biographical movies. (not to insult anyones intelligence but i want everyone to be on the same page)

My Favorites:
  • Ed Wood
  • The Aviator
  • The Assination of Richard Nixon
  • Raging Bull
  • Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
  • Ray
  • Walk the Line
  • Capote
  • Cinderella Man
  • Confessions of a Dangerous Mind (even though its fiction)
  • Adaptation (even though its mostly fiction)
  • The Doors
  • Catch Me If You Can
  • American Splendor
  • Gods and Monsters
  • many, many more
Ones I want to get made:
  • Robert F. Williams (Civil Rights activist, rebel radio DJ, Communist suspect)
  • Stan Lee (writer, creator of the most famous superheroes)
  • Jack Kerouac (writer, "godfather" of the beatnik generation)
  • The Rolling Stones (rock band, Duh!)
  • Black Beard (pirate)
  • Billy the Kid (outlaw, Old West)
  • St. George (soldier, Catholic martyr, fictionalized)
  • "The Hollywood Ten" (Communist suspects, began Hollywod black list)
Theres probably others I'd like to see but can't think of right now. So, what are your favorites? What do you want to see?

Out of the ones listed, I haven't seen all that many. I loved American Splendor and dug The Doors until I read Ray Manzarek's Doors bio.

I remember watching Raging Bull a long while ago. Anything to do with Rocky Marciano?

A Beautiful Mind
Malcolm X
Bonnie and Clyde- childhood favorite
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid- another childhood favorite
Adaptation- was awesome
Lady Sings the Blues
Young Guns
The Doors
A lot of your favorites I haven't seen but are on my list to see.

I'd like to see them make a movie about Bessie Coleman, Amelia Earhart,Harriet Tubman, Mel Blanc,The Marx Brothers

I'll have to think more on this. I like a lot of your choices on this as well.

^^^I didnt know the Young Guns was a biopic. You are referring the one with charlie sheen and keifer sutherland

I know it was a stretch, Billy the Kid.

I plan to write a Marx Brothers biopic

The biopic can be the greatest form of cinema. And I agree, there should be a Jack Kerouac movie. And one biopic that's been in verious stages of development that I hope sees the light of day is the Roky Erickson biopic. Jack Black was attached to play Erickson but I don't know if he is anymore. For those unfamiliar with Erickson, he is a rock musician from Austin, TX. In the mid-60s he formed The 13th Floor Elevators and is credited as being the first person to use the word "psychedelic" in relation to music. He was given shock treatments to cure his drug addiction...and they just made him worse. He's been in and out of it for the past couple decades and even homeless at times I think. He's currently in it again and it looks like he's here to stay now that his brother is taking care of him. He's even started playing shows again and his voice is as bluesy as it ever was.

I want to see a Marlon Brando biopic..or even a james dean one.
Why isn't there any biopics on actors?

AUTO FOCUS

and actually Goodfellas is suposedly one.

Man on the Moon was...eh, okay. The begining was very correct.

I want one of Jimmy Page starring Tom Hanks' son.

And why hasn't anyone done a Salvador Dali one yet? :confused:
It would rock A.S.S.

:confused:

I love this genre, and I think biopics are the most intersting movies.

My favorites:
A Beautiful Mind
The Aviator
Catch Me If You Can
Ed Wood
Bascketball Diaries
Walk the Line
The Doors
Cinderella Man
Raging Bull
Adaptation
Permanent Midnight
Charlie: The Life and Art of Charles Chaplin

Which I want to get made:
The Queen
Beatles
Stan Lee
Christopher Reeve
Marlon Brando
Albert Einstein
William Shakespeare

Hades said:
I want to see a Marlon Brando biopic..or even a james dean one.
Why isn't there any biopics on actors?

James Dean was done for TNT (I believe) with James Franco as Dean.

A Marlon Brando pic would be sketchy unless they found the absolute PERFECT actor, because most actors would likely just appear to be imitating Brando than actually bringing him to life.

I just saw the Bettie Page biopic, which was actually quite good, even though it wasn't necessarily introspective into her life (which actually makes sense because it's good to keep that air of mystery around her)

Malcolm X was my favorite biopic. Second was Braveheart. Third, Born on the Fourth of July.

I want one of Pete Maravich, greatest college basketball player ever. Played by Tom Everett Scott.

I don't think a Stan Lee biopic would be a very good idea. Sure he created a bunch of amazing prolific characters over a short period of his life, but aside from that, there isn't a whole lot to show. That all went on in his mind and in a little studio.

What might be interesting is a movie featuring Stan, Jack Kirby, and Steve Ditko as the main characters, and maybe covering the end of the Golden Age for a short time at the beginning of the movie, covering the silver age for the bulk of the movie, and a little bit of the bronze age at the end of the movie, with maybe sort of an epilogue taking place when Jack Kirby died during the 90's and a mention of the 90's comic boom/X-odus/and late 90's comic bust.

Man with a Thousand Faces. The story of the great Lon Chaney Sr. Jim Cagney played him.

BT18 said:
I don't think a Stan Lee biopic would be a very good idea. Sure he created a bunch of amazing prolific characters over a short period of his life, but aside from that, there isn't a whole lot to show. That all went on in his mind and in a little studio.

What might be interesting is a movie featuring Stan, Jack Kirby, and Steve Ditko as the main characters, and maybe covering the end of the Golden Age for a short time at the beginning of the movie, covering the silver age for the bulk of the movie, and a little bit of the bronze age at the end of the movie, with maybe sort of an epilogue taking place when Jack Kirby died during the 90's and a mention of the 90's comic boom/X-odus/and late 90's comic bust.

You know the movies that show whats going on in an artists head liek Confessions of a Dangerous Mind or The Dangerous Lives of Alter Boys or whatnot. Thats what i was thinking. To show his social life parelleled to his work. When he describes the creation of spiderman it started as a fly on the wall and he thought that would be a cool power. Then you jump to his imagination where he is stuck in a fly-superhero costume fighting crime then he bursts through an office door and pitches the idea. Kinda take what he said in Mallrats. How he was the Hulk.Mild-mannered one moment and then a mess of emotions the next.

I would like to see a Bat Masterson biopic.

skorponok said:
James Dean was done for TNT (I believe) with James Franco as Dean.

A Marlon Brando pic would be sketchy unless they found the absolute PERFECT actor, because most actors would likely just appear to be imitating Brando than actually bringing him to life.

I just saw the Bettie Page biopic, which was actually quite good, even though it wasn't necessarily introspective into her life (which actually makes sense because it's good to keep that air of mystery around her)
Oh yes, i remember the james franco one now.
How could i have forgotten.:(
Still, i'd love to see a Brando Biopic.
He's led an interesting life.

I don't really know if it actually counts as a biopic,seeming as it is more of an allegory than the presentation of Mozart's life,but Amadeus is my favorite.

Eddie Dean said:
I would love to see a Bob Dylan biopic.

I heard one is in the works with big name actors, but the actors didn't sound any good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"