Birds of Prey Birds of Prey Critical Reception and Rotten Tomatoes Thread

Loving these reactions! it sounds like exactly what i was hoping it to be.

Hopefully, Mendelson's words are a sign of more positive reactions.

Legitimately surprised, thought this would be a trashfire. Still not interested in seeing it though as it doesn't seem to stay true to the comics at all.

I somehow do not trust any of these reviews but anyway, I'm biased I think I'm gonna pass on this one, not my cup of tea at all, the more I see of it the less I want to see it.

I hope it does well if only because I want the DC brand to get back on track.

And I'm glad there's appareantly no Jared Leto in this movie. **** him.

I somehow do not trust any of these reviews but anyway, I'm biased I think I'm gonna pass on this one, not my cup of tea at all, the more I see of it the less I want to see it.

I hope it does well if only because I want the DC brand to get back on track.

And I'm glad there's appareantly no Jared Leto in this movie. **** him.

The great thing about what DC is doing is that not everything is for everyone, but there’s something for everyone.

All of their movies are so dramatically different now in tone and style that it doesn’t matter if this particular one isn’t for you.

Wow, Scott Mendelson liked this movie? Awesome. He is a tough critic.

Normally I take these early reactions with a grain of salt since they usually don’t reflect the actual critical consensus when the actual review embargo breaks, but I do recognize a few positive tweets from critics who have notoriously given quite a few DC films negative reviews like Mendelson(who as others pointed out is a tough critic) but I’m still not ready to pop the champagne until the actual review embargo breaks.

This has been pointed out before, but Justice League, Suicide Squad, BvS, had positive premiere reactions but that didn’t translate to good reviews overall when their review embargoes lifted. Judging from the reactions so far, I’m sensing this will ultimately land somewhere between the 65-75% range. This movie isn’t going to be something that critics are unanimously raving about but I suspect it’s reviews will be better than say Joker, but not as good as Shazam and Wonder Woman.

Well s*** i am very happily surprised. I thought for sure this would be divisive. Perhaps this is a Bad Boys situation where the trailers do a piss poor job of representing the film.

I'm legitimately glad these first thoughts are positive. My expectations are as low as they could possibly be, so this may pleasantly surprise me.

Someone on BOT put together a list of RT critics who've tweeted about the movie so far

Millicent Thomas, Little White Lies

Scott Mendelson, Forbes

Courtney Howard, Various

Grace Randolph, Beyond the Trailer

Kara Warner, People Magazine

Germain Lussier, Various

Angie Han, Various

Karen Han, Various

Scott Menzel, Various

Mike Rougeau, Various

Brandon Davis, Comicbook.com

Katie Walsh, Various

Kristen Acuna, Various

Jill Pantozzi, io9

Yolanda Machado, The Wrap

Hoai-Tran Bui, Slashfilm

Kayti Burt, Various

Tweeted from the site's account, Joblo.com

Tweeted from the site's account, DiscussingFilm.com

Joshua Yehl, IGN

Rocha, Collider

Mike McGranaghan, The Aisle Seat

Susana Polo, Polygon

Brennan Carley, GQ

Simon Thompson,Various

Millicent Thomas:

Darknight Archivist:

Chris Sylvia:

Courtney Howard:

DiscussingFilm:

Brandon Davis:

Nathaniel Brail:

Chase Stein:

Eric Francisco:

Denise Salcedo:

Meghan Camarena:

Tim Leong:

Last edited:
Pleasantly surprised by the reactions. The trailers haven't been doing much for me.

Grace Randolph really doesn’t seem to like Margot Robbie, does she? Like, she always seems to be going against her.

Either way, happy to see lots of good buzz for the movie from those who have seen it!

Grace Randolph really doesn’t seem to like Margot Robbie, does she? Like, she always seems to be going against her.

Grace has a bit of a women problem IMO (see also her treatment of Jessica Chastain). She's been against this movie on that basis for a while (it's always been the wrong type of feminine - not a pretty feminine and she's railed against the hair and clothes of the women).

I watch her channel frequently but I'm growing very tired of her. Particularly after her video on BOP and gay/lesbian representation where she spoke on behalf of a minority she doesn't represent and change the course and content of this film (I'm gay). She continued to do this today on twitter, as her main criticism of the film was that the representation didn't go far enough.

A few people at work were talking about this and saying how this movie would be hated by incels. I didn’t understand what that meant

Grace has a bit of a women problem IMO (see also her treatment of Jessica Chastain). She's been against this movie on that basis for a while (it's always been the wrong type of feminine - not a pretty feminine and she's railed against the hair and clothes of the women).

I watch her channel frequently but I'm growing very tired of her. Particularly after her video on BOP and gay/lesbian representation where she spoke on behalf of a minority she doesn't represent and change the course and content of this film (I'm gay). She continued to do this today on twitter, as her main criticism of the film was that the representation didn't go far enough.

I dont know if she was always problematic, but it has become significantly more as time goes by.
Seems like the attention she gets is getting to her head.
The kind of nonsense that comes from her direction is getting more and more obnoxious.

Either way, nice to see the positive reaction of the people to the movie.

Grace Randolph has a problem with everything. She comes across as an insanely jealous psycho of a woman. Can't stand her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"