Birds Of Prey coming to DVD on July 15th, 2008.

Since it's the 15th anniversary of the premiere of the original series, I decided to do a follow-up to my retrospective vid from 6 years ago. I've been wanting to do this video for awhile, since primetime network TV is much friendlier to DC superheroes than when the show came out originally. Plus it's far-and-away the most viewed video on my channel:

The original rant:

And the new vid:

I still cant believe that TheCW hasn't had the balls to reboot this with their current characters.

Alternatively, they could make it a spin-off of Supergirl (which is to say, part of the same world). That way they could use Barbara AND Silver Age Huntress AND whichever Black Canary they want.

I still cant believe that TheCW hasn't had the balls to reboot this with their current characters.

Wouldn't really work, since they probably can't use Oracle ( and might not be allowed to use Babs at all ), and they've already introduced the Huntress as an utterly unsuitable villain.

As for the Earth-33 version, I suspect things are still a little too early for them to be doing Supergirl spinoffs. Especially spinoffs starring characters who haven't even been introduced yet.

DC was willing to let TNT use Oracle so if they had concrete reason to use her, they'd probably be able to. And Huntress has been gone for 4 years now, it'd be easy to reintroduce her to the audience and fix what Arrow broke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"