Birds Of Prey coming to DVD on July 15th, 2008.

Isn't that the Batgirl costume Batgirl wore in Batman and Robin just with some of the parts made yellow? I wonder if they modeled it after that one or if they just used the actual movie one to save money.
If that's just Silverstone's Batgirl costume, then the producers of BoP had enough sense to recolor it. There are pictures out there of Meyer wearing a full cowl/mask (rather than Robin's domino mask), but I don't have any uploaded.

If that's just Silverstone's Batgirl costume, then the producers of BoP had enough sense to recolor it. There are pictures out there of Meyer wearing a full cowl/mask (rather than Robin's domino mask), but I don't have any uploaded.

Alicia also had a full cowl she wore for a short time in the movie, my only guess as to why they had her mainly wear the robin type mask was for better face recognition.

I'm not really digging the meta-human aspect and that shot of the joker looks turd.

I'm surprised someone managed to capture a semi-clear picture of the Joker. Didn't he only appear split-seconds at a time in flashbacks?

I'm surprised someone managed to capture a semi-clear picture of the Joker. Didn't he only appear split-seconds at a time in flashbacks?
Yeah, you hear The Joker's voice, and then a few quick shots of him.

About it. Very brief to say the least.

Its not as bad as people say. Its actually better than smallville for its first 15 episodes mostly because its different rather than just another high school centric show. The joker cap is not representative of the style of the show. I assume he looks crappy because we hardly see his face so its not worth it. I'm buying it anyway.

Oh and for the record harley wasn't a criminal mastermind she was a manipulative mastermind!

^ Being different does not equal quality. :(

I got this on Saturday, only watched the first couple of episodes but I noticed the theme tune has been replaced by something bland. And there I was thinking Revolution was one of the good things about it, they couldn't even get the rights to keep it for DVD :whatever:

Its not as bad as people say. Its actually better than smallville for its first 15 episodes mostly because its different rather than just another high school centric show. The joker cap is not representative of the style of the show. I assume he looks crappy because we hardly see his face so its not worth it. I'm buying it anyway.

Oh and for the record harley wasn't a criminal mastermind she was a manipulative mastermind!

WHAT!!!!

Did you see the show? If not, then dig this...

1. Huntress doesn't wear a mask, but she still tries to maintain a secret identity. Huntress keeps in regular contact with a cop who doesn't know her real name (Helena Kyle). It's the flimsiest secret identity ever.

2. The city was clearly the same Gotham City we all know and love, but the producers of the show insisted on calling it New Gotham the entire time.

3. Dinah is not the Black Canary. In this show, Dinah is a teenaged girl with psychic powers.

4. Part of the premise of this show is that Batman abandoned Gotham. He just up and left, and Oracle & Huntress are the only ones left to protect it.

5. Harley Quinn is a criminal mastermind.

You heard me. Mastermind.

6. According to this show, Catwoman was a metahuman with cat powers. Not only that, but Huntress (this being the pre-Crisis version) is called "half meta" by all the other metahumans. So we've got Huntress running around with cat powers.

But it wasn't all bad, of course. Everything concerning Oracle on that show was great.

I rather liked the idea of Harley as the main villain. Not the execution, mind you, the idea. In an ideal version of things, she would have been the leader of an insane, pseudo Dada-ist and/or anarchist cult that worshiped The Joker, not some generic criminal mastermind.

I bought the DVD's and almost finished the series... it's a meh show.. not bad, but really needed alot of room to grow. I personally think if the show was done today, it would have made a better splash.

Things I enjoyed

-Oracle, Huntress, and Harleen's acting, all 3 truly made the show for me
-Dina was a perfect Babs, and when she was in her batgirl costume she even looked great
-the story was pretty decent, as was the finale
-original ideas that worked well on screen
-the inclusion of alfred, harley, "son of clayface", and black canary

the bad...
-Dinah, shes a horrible actress and looks like she went to the same acting school as Kristen Kruek, half the time she sounds just like her, does the same facial expressions and convey's the same type of personality emotions, she annoys the heck out of me.
-New Gotham... sure it helps establish that the Birds of Prey universe and smallville universes are there own, but i still wish it could have just been called "Gotham"
-too much lack of bat universe...
-"Darkstrike" really should have been Nightwing (with a different story of course)
-the guy in the first episode using his "scare factor" really should have had a scarecrow reference
-the cheesey opening with batman and catwoman needed to go... catwoman looked horrible

over all i think the show should have gotten more of the chance, it had potential just didnt do much with it.

also things on the dvd i liked and didnt like

liked:
-the gotham girls addition, that was a pleasant suprise

didn't like:
-the theme song being replaced, but the DVD people got lazy and still included the song and singer in the end credits.........

though i will say, after watching the original opening with the original song on youtube, the one they gave it (while overly feminine) does better suit the cut of the opening then the original so it's kinda grown on me a little.

i'm just hoping the "all the things she said" song is in the finale still that kicked ass.. but knowing my luck it prob got cut too.

The Joker was in this for all of 5 seconds via flashback in the pilot and in the show's introduction. There wasn't anything significant about it. Hamill provided the voice while someone else stood in for the character. I don't remember any dialogue from him other than "Knock, knock; Who's there. Batgirl ...no more."

I'm absolutely stunned that this thing retails at $40. It barely made it to a series finale after 13 eps. :dry:

good thing its not... best buy and target ar selling it for around $28

The retail price is still $39.98 and it'd take a bigger sale than that for me to pick this up.

The retail price is still $39.98 and it'd take a bigger sale than that for me to pick this up.

well either way... you wont find it in a local store for that price, target, walmart, best buy and even suncoast will still sell it $10 under

Virgin Megastore had it around $35. I wanted to kick over the display.

It just surprised me that it would be listed that high to begin with. I'll be sitting this one out of a while. The show itself wasn't horrid (just largely uncapitalized on) and Gotham Girls will be a must at some point.

It kinda sounds like smallville...a tv show trying to be a comic book show without being a comic book show.

BLEH

It kinda sounds like smallville...a tv show trying to be a comic book show without being a comic book show.

BLEH

actually BOP was much more comic booky then smallville imo. it was more about heroeics than angst

Virgin Megastore had it around $35. I wanted to kick over the display.

It just surprised me that it would be listed that high to begin with. I'll be sitting this one out of a while. The show itself wasn't horrid (just largely uncapitalized on) and Gotham Girls will be a must at some point.

virgin, tower and FYE over price everything

They made way to many changes that weren't called for, and this show had so much opportunity if they had stayed true to the birds of prey. Best thing about the series was the batgirl costume. IMO if they actually had black canary (not her daughter) and huntress in a costume, the show would have probably done a bit better, add in some c-list bat villains and you had a winner.

Problem was they ignored all of that, alluded to batman way to much that you were hoping he would show up, that was the main problem I had. I was far more interested in the back story of batman than the characters.

Oh man! this show was bad. Even with 2 smoking hot chicks Ashley Scott and Dina Meyer. It couldn't hold my interest.The worst was they had a meta human bar where all the meta humans hung out.A meta human bar?I guess when superheroes finish crime fighting they need a place to get sloshed at. come on!

I decided to rewatch this show since I haven't seen it since it first aired and it is so weird! DC let them use Joker/Batman/Harley/Catwoman, they were loose back then.

They did perfect casting Barbara/Oracle and the character was the highlight of the series.

Huntress's outfit was....wow, still don't know what they thought about their adaption of Dinah Lance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"