Birds Of Prey coming to DVD on July 15th, 2008.

<(o_o)>

Evangeline Is My Hero!
Reaction score
http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/birds-of-prey.html

Title: Birds of Prey (IMDb)
Starring: Ashley Scott
Released: 15th July 2008
SRP: $39.98

Further Details:
Warner Home Video has announced the complete series of Birds of Prey which stars Ashley Scott. This live-action Batman spinoff series will be available to own from the 15th July, and should retail at around $39.98. All 13 hour long episodes will be presented in 4:3 full screen, along with English Mono tracks. The only extra material will be an animated web-based series featuring the female heroes and rogues from Gotham City. We've attached our first look at the official region one package artwork below:

I heard there was version of the joker in this . I am slightly interested.

The Joker was in this for all of 5 seconds via flashback in the pilot and in the show's introduction. There wasn't anything significant about it. Hamill provided the voice while someone else stood in for the character. I don't remember any dialogue from him other than "Knock, knock; Who's there. Batgirl ...no more."

I'm absolutely stunned that this thing retails at $40. It barely made it to a series finale after 13 eps. :dry:

It was pretty crappy. The first episode had a guy who used fear to kill you.

For some odd reason he was a dude in a trenchcoat and NOT the Scarecrow. I stopped watching after that.

I thought we'd see some of Gotham lesser known villains....The Mad Hatter, Ventriloquist, Scarecrow...but no. Just 'meta-baddies' every week.

I downloaded the entire series last year and I actually liked it. It got better towards the end and a second season looked more promising but unforutnetly it got canned before that could happen

If anyone here buys it, I will personally hunt you down and slap you back to sanity.

can someone post a screencap from the joker?

This show wasn't too bad. I'll probably pick it up.

can someone post a screencap from the joker
joker.gif

If anyone here buys it, I will personally hunt you down and slap you back to sanity.

Is that for strictly purchasing it new at the crazy 30-40 dollar price?

Or if purchased via ebay or used on Amazon, or dare I say the discount bin in a few months will that carry a less sever penalty?

Perhaps you could just hunt us down and look at us very intensely back into sanity??? :huh:

LOUSY SHOW.

Only Good part was Dina Meyer as Barbara. Especially the one episode she wore the BG Uniform.

I will give this show props for creating the best on-screen adaptation of the Batgirl suit ever made. Seriously. Other than that, I have complaints a-plenty...

-Huntress had the most pathetic excuse for a secret identity ever conceived. Her costume looked like something a raver would wear, and she wore no mask. She was literally just walking around in a tight leather outfit. But heaven forbid the cop she keeps in regular contact with should find out her real name. Oh, goodness no.

-How exactly can someone be "half metahuman"?

-Every aspect of Dinah in that show was wrong, other than her mother being the original Black Canary.

--EDIT--
Found an example of Dina Meyer in the show's Batgirl suit.
meyer-batgirl.jpg

Damn, Dina was looking good.

I was fairly ambivalent about this thing, especially at the suggested retail price, until I found out they were attaching the Gotham Girls webisode series to it. Unless I find that they release that series by itself, I'm still gonna need a few bucks off that Amazon price to truly consider this.

I bought the entire series for cheap on Ebay years ago out of curiosity, and though I certainly wouldnt say it's a great, or even memorable tv series, Dina was always good eye candy.

As far as the official release goes .... cant say I have much of a desire to pick it up at this time.

why would you want to waste your money buying this rotten festering log of greasy foul smelling ****? It's one of the lousiest crappiest ****tiest shows I've seen on TV. ****in awful. Unless you're a pyromaniac and want to buy it to burn it or destroy it in new ways with fire

I remember this show...I hated it glad it got canceled

If I need expensive coasters I will buy this...

Honestly guys, is it really that bad?

Yes.

Mostly because of all the missed opportunities.

So, basically it's bad because it got cancelled?!

:huh:

Shoot, I would have though Smallville was terrible too, if it was cancelled after thirteen episodes...

Honestly guys, is it really that bad?
Did you see the show? If not, then dig this...

1. Huntress doesn't wear a mask, but she still tries to maintain a secret identity. Huntress keeps in regular contact with a cop who doesn't know her real name (Helena Kyle). It's the flimsiest secret identity ever.

2. The city was clearly the same Gotham City we all know and love, but the producers of the show insisted on calling it New Gotham the entire time.

3. Dinah is not the Black Canary. In this show, Dinah is a teenaged girl with psychic powers.

4. Part of the premise of this show is that Batman abandoned Gotham. He just up and left, and Oracle & Huntress are the only ones left to protect it.

5. Harley Quinn is a criminal mastermind.

You heard me. Mastermind.

6. According to this show, Catwoman was a metahuman with cat powers. Not only that, but Huntress (this being the pre-Crisis version) is called "half meta" by all the other metahumans. So we've got Huntress running around with cat powers.

But it wasn't all bad, of course. Everything concerning Oracle on that show was great.

I will give this show props for creating the best on-screen adaptation of the Batgirl suit ever made. Seriously. Other than that, I have complaints a-plenty...

-Huntress had the most pathetic excuse for a secret identity ever conceived. Her costume looked like something a raver would wear, and she wore no mask. She was literally just walking around in a tight leather outfit. But heaven forbid the cop she keeps in regular contact with should find out her real name. Oh, goodness no.

-How exactly can someone be "half metahuman"?

-Every aspect of Dinah in that show was wrong, other than her mother being the original Black Canary.

--EDIT--
Found an example of Dina Meyer in the show's Batgirl suit.
meyer-batgirl.jpg

Isn't that the Batgirl costume Batgirl wore in Batman and Robin just with some of the parts made yellow? I wonder if they modeled it after that one or if they just used the actual movie one to save money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"