Birds of Prey Birds of Prey General Discussion and Speculation

note: Atom tickets is a small sample and was even smaller back during WW and AQ so it doesnt mean what it kind of implies. I posted it to show at least interest is rising.

Last edited:
Ok...
And plenty of people were completely on board the second it was announced as well

I was never on board simply because it's not Birds of Prey, it's a Harley Quinn movie. What I do not understand is why they even bothered using the Birds of Prey title. I also understand why people don't like this because of what they've done to Cassandra Cain. At a certain point the concept becomes so foreign that it may as well be something else. That said putting personal opinions aside with regards to what should have happened, marketing can do a lot to change ones minds, but this films marketing has not been good. It just comes across as not knowing who its target market is.

Cathy Yan on working with Chad Stahelski (director of John Wick 3) who did direct some action scenes for reshoots.

‘Birds of Prey’: Cathy Yan on What ‘John Wick’ Director Chad Stahelski Brought to the Film

we35.png

Last edited:
I was never on board simply because it's not Birds of Prey, it's a Harley Quinn movie. What I do not understand is why they even bothered using the Birds of Prey title. I also understand why people don't like this because of what they've done to Cassandra Cain. At a certain point the concept becomes so foreign that it may as well be something else. That said putting personal opinions aside with regards to what should have happened, marketing can do a lot to change ones minds, but this films marketing has not been good. It just comes across as not knowing who its target market is.

You are certainly allowed to have that opinion but you seem to be in the minority. I will let you know when I see it Wednesday :)

My issue with film is that it's not really Birds of Prey. I never really read the comic book but as far I know Birds of Prey was Barbra Gordon, Huntress, Carney and maybe Cassandra Cain as Batgirl. So why push Harley Quinn and call it Birds of Prey when she and half the other the other characters where never in Birds of Prey as the heroes.

Also they pushed Harley Quinn as main character. So why not just call it Harley Quinn and be done with it. Last but not least is they completely Butchered Cassandra Cain. I loved Cassandra Cain. I mean she a total bad ass. This a character who doesn't really talk. Well lets just say she lets her fist do the talking. Yet they destroyed her and you don't even need to see the movie as it's right their in the trailer.

I will eventually see it but Im not rushing out to see it. It just looks bad. Maybe my opinion will change once I see it. However I don't need to pay crap load money and what looks like a bad film.

They could of used Holly Robinson or Harper Row in the Cassandra Cain role in this film since they seem like better fits than Cain does.

really happy to see such positive buzz now. I must say, the cinematography is gorgeous.

I don't mind the changes to the BOP roster tbh. They've had around 25 different members including Catwoman & Ivy, so it always seemed odd that Harley never got involved.

And in sequels, they can show grown up Cassandra Cain as Batgirl, after getting trained in fighting techniques.

I finally listened to that Normani/Meg The Stallion song from the soundtrack, and I’m mad that I really like it lol.

Hope it’s featured in the movie.

I got the DC Universe email invite for the early screenings...but theres no NY screenings on the list of 30 cities? That cant possibly be right? Anyone else notice that?

really annoyed with where they decided to take the cass cain character. Dumb as hell. But movie looks good otherwise

I have an open mind about the film's interpretation of Cass Cain. The film's writer and director are both Asian women (Hodson is part-Taiwanese and Yan is Chinese-American). Maybe this direction for Cass is one that also has merit, because of the perspectives of the filmmakers. I am going to wait and see the film before I make up my mind if this version of Cass Cain is one I can embrace.

I have an open mind about the film's interpretation of Cass Cain. The film's writer and director are both Asian women (Hodson is part-Taiwanese and Yan is Chinese-American). Maybe this direction for Cass is one that also has merit, because of the perspectives of the filmmakers. I am going to wait and see the film before I make up my mind if this version of Cass Cain is one I can embrace.
As I said in my earlier post, they can have a character arc going through multiple movies before she becomes Batgirl we know, a grownup Cassandra Cain may be more trained in fighting techniques, martial arts and maybe even lose her voice in some accident. In this movie (BoP), we are introduced to all these characters (Huntress, Black Canary and Cass)

They can have a different actress to play a grownup Cass.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"