The Avengers Bits you missed/ can't remember/ couldn't hear

He said something about how that never happened before, and then Stark made a quip about performance issues.

The way Tom Hiddleston played it, it almost seemed like a slightly casual scene between the two of them, as if they were just fooling around off camera but Whedon kept it in.

This. and it was "this usually works" and yeash, i got a big sense of, ACTORS in that scene

One of Tony's lines to Banner, while they're in the lab on the helicarrier. He's talking to Banner after Cap leaves the room, he says something like:

What he's got is _______________ dynamite ____. It's gonna blow up in his face, and I'm gonna be there when it does.

I've watched the movie more than once and I can't figure out what he's saying.

One of Tony's lines to Banner, while they're in the lab on the helicarrier. He's talking to Banner after Cap leaves the room, he says something like:

What he's got is _______________ dynamite ____. It's gonna blow up in his face, and I'm gonna be there when it does.

I've watched the movie more than once and I can't figure out what he's saying.

I don't remember the exact wording, but he said he had a pack of acme dynamite, referencing wile e coyote and the road runner.

I don't remember "I'm bringing the party to you guys", but then I was working and did see and hear every second

Hawkeye: "They can't bank worth a damn. Find a tight corner."

Very nice line, I also missed that.

As a Thor fan, I was excited to hear that there was a line from BW when she figured out Hulk was Loki's plan, that she told them to have Thor meet them with Banner (or words to that extent).

I missed the line in the movie, but that sounds really REALLY cool, and shows that Thor is clearly seen as capable of stopping Hulk. Or at least the only one who stood a chance.

I gotta hear that line :D

what did iron man say when he and captain america are trying to fix the turbine on the helicarrier? He asks Cap what he sees and Cap says "It seems to be powered by some sort of electricity..." then what does Iron Man respond with?

what did iron man say when he and captain america are trying to fix the turbine on the helicarrier? He asks Cap what he sees and Cap says "It seems to be powered by some sort of electricity..." then what does Iron Man respond with?
I'm 99% sure he said "Well, you're not wrong."

I loved it when Iron Man shot his hand beams at Captain America's shield. It happened so fast that the first time I couldn't really make out exactly what happened.

On my second viewing it looked like Captain America actually moved the shield to aim the beam at enemies. It can't wait for some slow motion home viewing.

when Cap gives out orders and tells Barton to be up roof of a building a call out patterns, Barton asks Stark if he can give him a lift....
Stark: Then you better clench up Legolas

Is that what he said??

I've seen it twice and both times I thought he said "You better clinch up, Lois." I thought he was referring to the old Superman scene where he took Lois flying. :D

I guess Legolas is the archer elf from LOTR?

I loved it when Iron Man shot his hand beams at Captain America's shield. It happened so fast that the first time I couldn't really make out exactly what happened.

On my second viewing it looked like Captain America actually moved the shield to aim the beam at enemies. It can't wait for some slow motion home viewing.

Yeah, you're right about Cap moving the shield.

Is that what he said??

I've seen it twice and both times I thought he said "You better clinch up, Lois." I thought he was referring to the old Superman scene where he took Lois flying. :D

I guess Legolas is the archer elf from LOTR?

Yep that's Legolas.

Very nice line, I also missed that.

As a Thor fan, I was excited to hear that there was a line from BW when she figured out Hulk was Loki's plan, that she told them to have Thor meet them with Banner (or words to that extent).

I missed the line in the movie, but that sounds really REALLY cool, and shows that Thor is clearly seen as capable of stopping Hulk. Or at least the only one who stood a chance.

I gotta hear that line :D

I mentioned this before but I'm 90% sure in the scene where they are all arguing and the camera turns upside down Thor says to Banner "If I have to put you down - I will." Hard to pick out, but it seems to be there.

Did i hear correctly that Stark said something along the lines of 'it's Batman versus Gallagher'?

He said "That man is playing Galaga!" referring to a SHIELD agent playing the video game on his monitor.

Ah right thanks, i've seen it twice and both times i was sure it was batman, i thought it was odd.

Another thing. What was ejected off Iron Man when he let go of the missile in space?

His boosters/jet packs released after he let go of the nuke.

I figured Stark went into overdrive to design the Mark VII once he was debriefed on the tesseract and the alien invasion by Coulson. It appeared the Mark VII was designed for potentially exiting earths atmosphere & brief space flight.

Just got back from seeing Avengers again, one thing I finally figured out, was on the bridge, when Stark puts that thing on the side of the console. I thought at first he was like activating the screen..only now I realize he planted it to start the decryption process lol, I feel dumb for missing it the first time.

There was one line I didn't quite understand. When Cap says Stark is all about style he replies with:

"Of the people in this room which one is A. wearing a spangly outfit and B. not effuse."

I know what effuse means but I'm not sure what he meant here. Or did he say something else?

Stark said B. Not of use

Yeah, that was a double gut punch towards Cap from Stark.

Definitely. Their character interactions were electric on screen.

Okay this may be dumb, but how does Thor know about the Chitauri after Cap asks him what Loki's play is, Loki alludes to not being the mastermind and being shown the tesseracts true power but I still don't remember him mentioning the army in general or by name to Thor. Maybe I'm just that deaf (good thing I'm seeing it soon for a third time).

Definitely. Their character interactions were electric on screen.

Okay this may be dumb, but how does Thor know about the Chitauri after Cap asks him what Loki's play is, Loki alludes to not being the mastermind and being shown the tesseracts true power but I still don't remember him mentioning the army in general or by name to Thor. Maybe I'm just that deaf (good thing I'm seeing it soon for a third time).
You're not deaf, they didn't say it. I just assumed Odin already knew about the Chitauri before sending Thor to Earth, and he just didn't know who they were serving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"