• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Shazam Black Adam spin off with The Rock

Hawkman and Fate were definitely the film's standouts for me, but Cyclone was pretty good too with what the actress was given.
Oh right, great to hear. The JSA were my main attraction to this film, and Hawkman most of all, so that definitely gives me a reason to watch now. :up:

Well, it's not their movie. Atom Smasher and Cyclone are given passive, exposition-dump-type backstories kind of like some of The Suicide Squad members. But they at least make the most of the time they are given, unlike Black Adam and skateboarding maestro Amon.

I would've liked to have learned more about Carter/Hawkman, but he's mainly there to give Black Adam a virtuous, noble hero type to play off of.

Given Hawkman's origins in Egypt, they could have easily connected his backstory with Black Adam's. The writers really missed out on a golden opportunity.

This will be another movie I watch in about three months to see how bad it actually is.

Worked for Morbius/Thor 4/ Jurassic World Dominion, so should work for this too.

Hah! I started watching all three of them but couldn’t finish them. They were all so boring

This has been so overblown.

It’s hard to fathom anyone giving this movie the exaggerated zeroes and calling it the worst film of the DCEU.

It’s such inoffensive dumb fun it’s almost impossible not to enjoy it if you let yourself.

I’d say it’s better than Suicide Squad, BvS, JL17 and WW84. It’s better than Dr Strange 2.

It knows what it is and is clearly the film everyone set out to make, in a way that respects every character on screen. The Rock gets his ass handed to him several times, so all that is rubbish as well.

Just enjoy it. It was like reading a zippy single issue.

I really don't get the vitriol against this movie and The Rock. Or it's RT score for that matter. Love & Thunder got 65% and I thought it was awful.

Will be seeing BA for myself next week.

I really don't get the vitriol against this movie and The Rock. Or it's RT score for that matter. Love & Thunder got 65% and I thought it was awful.

Will be seeing BA for myself next week.

Ironically I think the overblown reaction will help it. You go in expecting so little that it kind of blew me away. I recognise it for what it is - a big ball of expensive and fancy looking fluff - but I found myself grinning on too many occasions to say the film didn’t do its job.

And it really does respect each and every character. Everyone gets a moment. It’s not just The Rock show. Even the kid was good fun and worked well in the story.

Ironically I think the overblown reaction will help it. You go in expecting so little that it kind of blew me away. I recognise it for what it is - a big ball of expensive and fancy looking fluff - but I found myself grinning on too many occasions to say the film didn’t do its job.

And it really does respect each and every character. Everyone gets a moment. It’s not just The Rock show. Even the kid was good fun and worked well in the story.

I just don't know if it will help the BO. I want this movie to successful as it's a pretty obscure character getting a big budget movie and if it flops DC go back to the drawing board once again.

I was always seeing it personally.

So I saw it about an hour ago. Truth is I've seen worse superhero flicks, even some of the recent MCU entries bothered me more, but it's still mediocre to bad.

The first half was kind of ok. I liked Black Adam's reappearance, JSA was pretty good (with the exception of Atom Smasher who severely lacked charisma) and it had a fast pacing. It was still generic but part of my interest was maintained.

After a while I stopped caring. The writing is pretty bad, the plot became convoluted while stupid at the same time, the rest of the characters were either annoying or completely bland and the action became tiring. I have low tolerance in CGI and green screen overuse these days, especially when they look as bad as this. Snyder would feel proud.

The infamous cameo felt completely forced and made zero sense.
They couldn't have send Superman all this time to stop Black Adam or even more so to stop the big baddie at the end so Fate wouldn't have to sacrifice himself and release Adam from prison in a desperate move, after all the trouble they went to convince him to surrender, but Waller could send send him just to threaten The Rock and leave. After he worked with the team and saved everyone. Also why would Supes or JSA for that matter follow Waller's instructions in the first place? Didn't she only have access to second rate villains with Task Force X? I don't know what changed this time around.

The classic Reeve theme in the end pretty much confirmed that WB is once again throwing stuff in the wall and try to see what sticks.

Hawkman working with Waller at all makes absolutely no sense. The JSA would not answer to her. She's a genocidal psychopath.

She would likely have a much easier time working with Black Adam.

Luckily someone posted a leak of the Superman cameo... saved me the hassle of watching this movie.

Hope you have fun or at least not get too disappointed so I won't feel kind of bad. :oldrazz:
Ha no worries mate. I’m usually good at finding enjoyment out of anything when I end up going. It’s just an excuse to get me to see it tomorrow instead of in the next few weeks - and actually just realised I would have missed this month’s free ticket if you hadn’t said that so you’ve already helped. :up: :cwink:

Hawkman working with Waller at all makes absolutely no sense. The JSA would not answer to her. She's a genocidal psychopath.

Agreed. I'm still trying to figure out how the JSA fits within the established continuity of the DCEU.

Having another group of established heroes would be a pretty big deal imho. Unlike in the comics, this version of the JSA doesn't appear to have been formed before the JL.

Agreed. I'm still trying to figure out how the JSA fits within the established continuity of the DCEU.

Having another group of established heroes would be a pretty big deal imho. Unlike in the comics, this version of the JSA doesn't appear to have been formed before the JL.

To me it's just one of those things like "don't think too hard about it."

If you go by the established DCEU, it does seem odd that this group has been around for years, if not decades and we are only hearing about them now. But I mean Batman was around for two decades as well?

But Hawkman and Doctor Fate are sent in to deal with Black Adam, why weren't they sent in to deal with Superman, Doomsday, Incubus, Zod, etc.? I'd say those were all hands on deck situations.

Well I’m not seeing this in IMAX tomorrow but I still am seeing it with my cousin tomorrow on a regular screen. I was gonna see it tomorrow by myself but my cousin hit me up so I’m still excited to see the film and at least I’m seeing it with family so that’s cool.

It makes sense when the Rock wants to make his own Suicide Squad flick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"