Black and White: Volume 1

ab38416

Civilian
Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting this one. I'm really intrigued by the whole concept of it. Any opinions?

Stories and art are hit and miss, but well worth a buy.

The highlights for me were the Two-Face story by Bruce Timm and a story where Batman confronts an abusive father. It's well worth the money.

This book was a big letdown for me. Mostly lame stories, and horrible art. (with a few exceptions of course)

I just bought it yesterday. It was ok, but not great.

Some stories are alright and if you're buying the new version with the jim lee cover it has some artwork in the back. I would personally go to a borders or barnes and noble and read it there rather than actually purchase it though :ninja:

Some stories are hit and miss as already mentioned, I suggest buying the individual 4 issues instead of the TPB which is cheaper that way.

depends on what you normally like.
its impressive how the artists/writers can tell a concise story in only a handful of pages.
if you personally like a wider range of comic styles (not just the standard superhero look), you'll probably really like it.

i know i really enjoyed it and recomend it:up:

What's the deal with B&W anyway? Is it a bunch of mini stories collected?

And the gimmick is it's black and white?

Okay. Whatever.

What's the deal with B&W anyway? Is it a bunch of mini stories collected?

And the gimmick is it's black and white?

Okay. Whatever.

the gimmick is that a bunch of famous creators get together and are allowed to write/illustrate whatever the hell they want about batman in about 6 to 10 pages.
its a good showcase of what you can you do with the character

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"