S'Yan- Lance Reddick
Shuri- Kerry Washington
Erik Killmonger- Chiwetel Ejiofor
N'gassi- Joe Morton
Man Ape- Kevin Grevioux
White Wolf- Michael Jai White
Bast the Panther God- Djimon Hounsou
Monica Lynne- Meagan Good

Andy Serkis is likely playing Klaw in Age of Ultron.

I'd go with Lupita Nyong'o for Shuri and Naomi Aja King for Monica Lynne.

Andy Serkis is likely playing Klaw in Age of Ultron.

I'd go with Lupita Nyong'o for Shuri and Naomi Aja King for Monica Lynne.

I can actually agree with that

Denzel now that I think about it he would be perfect as T'Chaka

Black Panther / T'Challa - Chadwick Boseman
NELx6ZFjc90IOR_1_b.jpg

T'Chaka - Ernie Hudson
031213-shows-lets-stay-together-ernie-hudson-oz-leo-glynn.jpg

Shuri - Naomie Harris
naomie-harris-660x400.jpg

Ramonda - Angela Bassett
64c7fe26b3915fd9980808000fa0a253

Ulysses Klaw - Andy Serkis
Avengers-Age-of-Ultron-trailer-Klaw.jpg

Man Ape / M'Baku - Omar Sy
intouchables.png

Killmonger - David Oyelowo
article-2169490-13F0FEBF000005DC-704_634x423.jpg

Everett Ross - Martin Freeman
martinfreeman.jpg

Monica Lynne - Gugu Mbatha Raw
(though I'd rather her character be retooled a bit--maybe works with Ross?)
364663_img650x420_img650x420_crop.jpg

T'Challa/Black Panther-

Chadwick Boseman
http://cdn.****************.com/wp-content/uploads/chadwick-boseman.jpeg

T'Chaka-

Ernie Hudson
031213-shows-lets-stay-together-ernie-hudson-oz-leo-glynn.jpg

Shuri-

Lupita Nyong'o
rtx17b4r.jpg

Ramonda-

Angela Bassett
Angela-Basssett-HEADSHOT-2-610x762.jpg

Klaw-

Andy Serkis
andy_serkis_69352.jpg

M'Baku-

Kevin Grevioux
kg-pic.JPG

Killmonger-

Dennis Haysbert
Dennis-Haysbert.jpg

Monica Lynne-

Aja Naomi King
Aja+Naomi+King+ELLE+Women+Television+Celebration+0jxXp1PGzcxl.jpg

Everett Ross-

Martin Freeman
Martin-Freeman-puts-his-best-face-forward.jpg

I really hope they can balance the casting with some actual African actors. For example I'd rather see Lupita Nyong'o play Shuri over Megan Good.
First generation Africa actors like Omar Sy, David Oyelowo and John Boyega are a good start.
It's a shame Chiwetel Ejiofor and Idris Elba are already cast in the MCU.
Djimon Hounsou, one of the few Africans in Hollywood was wasted in Guardians. I don't think it would be much of a stretch to recast him as a different character. Maybe a tribal leader. Grow out a bead, give him some ceremonial head gear.

Neither Chiwetel Ejiofor nor Idris Elba are African-born either. I agree about Hounsou. Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje is another big one.

Neither Chiwetel Ejiofor nor Idris Elba are African-born either. I agree about Hounsou. Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje is another big one.

Like I said in my post there 1st generation. Having Nigerian speaking parents like Chiwetel makes a difference and would add a greater sense of authenticity than say Morris Chestnut.

Adewale! Another 1st gen guy wasted as a dark elf. He could slide right into black panther too. Not sure if he has any loyalty to warner Bros, but O have a feeling he won't make it out of suicide squad.

For what it's worth, I think they could probably get away with bringing Adewale back anyway because I don't think most people will recognize the Elves anyway. I'd say maybe someone like Killmonger, but I think you could actually get away with an American for that character (given the time he spent in the US). Maybe somebody like M'Baku?

I really hope they can balance the casting with some actual African actors. For example I'd rather see Lupita Nyong'o play Shuri over Megan Good.
First generation Africa actors like Omar Sy, David Oyelowo and John Boyega are a good start.
It's a shame Chiwetel Ejiofor and Idris Elba are already cast in the MCU.
Djimon Hounsou, one of the few Africans in Hollywood was wasted in Guardians. I don't think it would be much of a stretch to recast him as a different character. Maybe a tribal leader. Grow out a bead, give him some ceremonial head gear.

None of them are first generation

None of them are first generation

There parent's are immigrants from Africa and. Omar was raised in France. David and John were raised in the UK. John is actually from the same part of London as me. Is that not 1st generation? What did I miss?

For what it's worth, I think they could probably get away with bringing Adewale back anyway because I don't think most people will recognize the Elves anyway. I'd say maybe someone like Killmonger, but I think you could actually get away with an American for that character (given the time he spent in the US). Maybe somebody like M'Baku?

Truth is you could use Americans for the whole cast if there talented enough, but why go through all that effort in accent training when you could just go straight to the source? If you haven't got an ear for different African accents then you probably won't care, but I'm African (Nigerian), and a bad accent is easily identifiable and incredibly jarring. ( Will Smith in concussion and Don Cheadle in Hotel Rwanda :/ ). They will most likely film this movie in South Africa because of the tax breaks and scenery. They can resource the local talent there. We finally have a hero from Africa, it would be a shame if the cast was mainly American.

Exactly. You could use Americans, but it would be nice (and preferable, imo) if they didn't. This is the perfect opportunity to not do that.

That being said, Marvel does have the best excuse for why some of the big choices aren't in this movie: It's not that they're being ignored. Marvel loved them so much they already cast them for different movies.

It would be a crying shame if they didn't try to get Lupita Nyong'o, though.

There parent's are immigrants from Africa and. Omar was raised in France. David and John were raised in the UK. John is actually from the same part of London as me. Is that not 1st generation? What did I miss?

You have to be born in the country to be first generation. If any movie can get away with wonky accents its this one with Wakanda being fictional.

You have to be born in the country to be first generation. If any movie can get away with wonky accents its this one with Wakanda being fictional.

Pretty sure Boyega and Omar were born in the UK and France respectively. Not sure about David. And yes the "wonky" accent thing is a good safety net, but who better to develop a unique sounding accent than people with close ties to the continent.

Truth is you could use Americans for the whole cast if there talented enough, but why go through all that effort in accent training when you could just go straight to the source? If you haven't got an ear for different African accents then you probably won't care, but I'm African (Nigerian), and a bad accent is easily identifiable and incredibly jarring. ( Will Smith in concussion and Don Cheadle in Hotel Rwanda :/ ). They will most likely film this movie in South Africa because of the tax breaks and scenery. They can resource the local talent there. We finally have a hero from Africa, it would be a shame if the cast was mainly American.

Thanks you! This is what I was saying not so long ago about Smith and how I don't want Marvel to screw up the accents in BP. As a Nigerian (Youruba) myself Smith's accent was just ridiculious. He even worked alongside the Igbo guy his character is based on and even more worse, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje was in the film too.

As for Oyelowo he's like us and Boyega, Nigerian patents born in Naij and he himself was born in the UK.

Pretty sure Boyega and Omar were born in the UK and France respectively. Not sure about David. And yes the "wonky" accent thing is a good safety net, but who better to develop a unique sounding accent than people with close ties to the continent.

The actors you listed are second generation not first. If Wakanda was a real place then I think they would have to be more worried about that but with it being fictional I don't think it really matters.

The actors you listed are second generation not first. If Wakanda was a real place then I think they would have to be more worried about that but with it being fictional I don't think it really matters.

Anyway regardless of what generation, my point still stands. 1st or 2nd generation will have stronger ties and understanding of the continent than an American actor like Jamie Foxx or Tyrese.
It might not matter to you, but there's a whole continent of people that would disagree.
It's a hard thing for me to debate because Wakanda is a fictional place much like Sokovia was in AoU, but because this is the ONLY African hero that I can latch onto, I want them to do it right. I don't want all the Wakandans to sound like random Irish/Jamaican/Spanish mash up, and have people say "Hey it's a fictional country so it doesn't matter how they sound". I just want some attention to detail.

Last edited:
Thanks you! This is what I was saying not so long ago about Smith and how I don't want Marvel to screw up the accents in BP. As a Nigerian (Youruba) myself Smith's accent was just ridiculious. He even worked alongside the Igbo guy his character is based on and even more worse, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje was in the film too.

Oh man I can't bring myself to watch the movie tbh. The trailer was enough. I'm Hausa btw. Adewale must have been face palming after each scene. I bet he auditioned for Smiths role too lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"