Black Panther: Casting Update

Dear lord in heaven, people are actually making excuses for Singleton. This project is doomed. The final nail in the coffin is gonna be when they announce that Reginald Hudlin is on board to share in the scripting duties, and Singleton knows him to.

My god I hope marvel reads these boards and drops Singleton, and Hudlin, although not involved(yet) is a terriable writer. He made BP about race, turned doom into a racist, and took away Storm's regalness, and turned her into a Beyonce. I can't in some instances what passes for black talent these days in the entertainment industry.

John Singleton is an awful choice to direct a BP film. Maybe i'm being to hard on him, but i've not liked a movie from this man but Boyz in the Hood. Four brothers was probably his best 2nd film that I wasn't turned off by, but that still wasn't a good movie. It was midly entertaining. Why does marvel feel they need a black director? John Singleton doesn't know anymore about African culture then a white director. He's american. I'm also not convinced that this man will get T'Challa right. I don't want to see a BP film where he's talking racial issues or trying to get some racial messages across. Hey those films are needed sometimes and I'm one to stand up against racism and is for black issues, but i don't need to see it in a Superhero film. This is what i fear singleton will do, and not to mention the man just isn't a good director. Well in my opinion anyway. I think he's capable, but his mentality seems to stem to more urban shoot em mentality. His latest film that he's producing is some type of drug and shoot em urban film with latinos in the lead. This man is just wrong wrong wrong.

Please marvel get us Antoine Fuqua!!!

Please hold on a moment while I play the tiniest violin in the World. LOL

Chiwetel Ejiofor is a very good actor. This man has been good in everything that i've seen him in. Just saw him in Talk to Me(good movie by the way) and he was great in it. Him and Don Cheadle had great chemistry. I never thought of him for BP, but he would be great. Just hope marvel dumps Singleton. Having Singleton on board is like any comic fim being announced to get the movie treatment, but the studio is FOX.

Oh God not Fox again. I'll give Singleton a chance though. I liked Higher Learning.

fashion-9-0807-lg.jpg

fashion-6-0807-lg.jpg

fashion-3-0807-lg.jpg

Okay... tell me that's not T'challa? Really... lets forget that Djimon Honsou is the only African we know and tell me how is this NOT T'Challa? Seriously. Dude.

Make this movie now... please. Please.

No doubt, Chiwetel looks enough like T'Challa, particularly Kirby's.
pantherfightC.jpg

Ejiofor_HG004630_150x200.jpg

But I still think Djimon is a superior actor, and the best choice for the role.

The Black Panther should be involved in global issues of a political nature. I don't want to see him involved in racially themed issues. The only exception I would make is if it were somehow connected to the South African thing. However, Wakanda is not close to SA, so that's unlikely.

Exactly, the race thing is why Hudlin's run on Black Panther sucks hardcore right now.

I'd rather see David Alan Grier as T'Challa with the Wayan's Brothers directing, then see Singleton **** up BP like this....Edjiofor is cool, but we all know that
Djimon Hounsou was born to play T'Challa and Wesley Snipes should be T'Chaka...
I'm really gonna feel that there is no hope, if Singleton ****s this up...

I'd rather see Tim Story try BP, anyone but Singleton, Shaft was when I decided that Singleton is overrated and incompetant

EDJIOFOR would make a better Goliath

How so? His acting (which I think it's more formal and versatile than Djimon) and martial arts abilities are wasted then on a dead, non-descript character.

I hate that John Singelton is directing both of these movies. Boys, Poetic Justice, Baby Boy, Hustle N Flow. All of em - the same ****. I hope that overtone doesn't seep in to this movie.

Exactly, the race thing is why Hudlin's run on Black Panther sucks hardcore right now.

I disagree. Hard. The racial commentary is one of the few things that make Hudlin's black panther thoughtful. BP, right now, fails as a superhero comic, and all the thoughtfulness in the world can't fix that for a superhero, African king or not.

There is much worse than Singleton. He never really had the chance to do something else than gang related movie so will see...

Yea, but there are much better, too. Why accept some mediocre director when a better one can be had?

There is much worse than Singleton. He never really had the chance to do something else than gang related movie so will see...

You ARE aware that he writes the movies he directs, right? You say that as if he's given these movies when in fact he CHOOSES them.

I hate that John Singelton is directing both of these movies. Boys, Poetic Justice, Baby Boy, Hustle N Flow. All of em - the same ****. I hope that overtone doesn't seep in to this movie.
You do know that John Singleton did not direct Hustle and Flow?

That much is true, but Singleton inspires zero hope. I'm still shocked how this man got involved with this project?????

I'd rather see David Alan Grier as T'Challa with the Wayan's Brothers directing, then see Singleton **** up BP like this....Edjiofor is cool, but we all know that
Djimon Hounsou was born to play T'Challa and Wesley Snipes should be T'Chaka...
I'm really gonna feel that there is no hope, if Singleton ****s this up...

I'd rather see Tim Story try BP, anyone but Singleton, Shaft was when I decided that Singleton is overrated and incompetant

No way. This guy -
Dennis%20Haysbert-SGG-065052.jpg
- Dennis Haysbert would RULE as Djimon's dad, T'chaka!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"