Black Panther: Robert Hudlin's run with BP...

TheCorpulent1 said:
More happens for most people in half an hour of sitting on the can than a year's worth of Bendis' New Avengers too. :confused:

:eek: :up: :up:

Darthphere said:
I cant argue with that.....but.....damn it Deemar......:mad:

Sorry Darth.

Bendis is just not worth the effort, Hudlin a newcomer to writing comics. Schools Bendis on how to tell a complete story with lots of action and add to the fact Hudlin is slowly adhereing to continuity.

Really? Nothing about the first issue of BP was in continuity that I saw. Is he retconning his own work a few issues later or something? :confused:

TheCorpulent1 said:
More happens for most people in half an hour of sitting on the can than a year's worth of Bendis' New Avengers too. :confused:

Lol!

I'd say yes.

TheCorpulent1 said:
Really? Nothing about the first issue of BP was in continuity that I saw. Is he retconning his own work a few issues later or something? :confused:

Well you have to take into account Hudlin's first run on BP was meant to be a mini and out of continuity.

deemar325 said:
Well you have to take into account Hudlin's first run on BP was meant to be a mini and out of continuity.

Im sorry Deemar, but thats a lie, it was always an ongoing and was a "reboot"

Yeah, I heard it was originally supposed to be Ultimate BP, but someone said, "Eh, **** BP's history, it ain't important anyway. To the 616 universe!"

Well, maybe not in those exact words, but you get what I mean. :o

deemar325 said:
Hudlin does write a good Cage.

I agree he does write cage VERY well, but his Jessica Jones is HORRIBLE. In the issue she appeared in she came across like a ditzy groupie.

Thats nice, Hudlin writes a good Cage, awesome indeed, too bad he writes a horrible Black Panther, wait, whats the name of the book again? Thats right Black panther.

I can understand the hate from people who read Priest's run,a total opposite of the current series and well written.I like the different direction.

But what I can't stand are the x-****es who simple read just X-titles and whine and cry about how the book sucks just because Storm isn't marrying Forge and is marrying some other "no name" guy.I mean are you kidding me?

GNR4Life said:
I can understand the hate from people who read Priest's run,a total opposite of the current series and well written.I like the different direction.

But what I can't stand are the x-****es who simple read just X-titles and whine and cry about how the book sucks just because Storm isn't marrying Forge and is marrying some other "no name" guy.I mean are you kidding me?

Im not a x-****e, I only read Astonishing and X-Factor. I can honestly say I dont give a **** about Storm or Forge. But damn Black Panther is easily in my top 3 favorite Marvel characters hes not #1 because im racist but thats anohter story. And I absoultely hate this wedding idea. I realize there is some history but its not enough IMO to warrant this, love of their lives marriage that theyre making it out to be and one of the main reasons for this Storm mini-series. Because they really cant justify it. In a day and age where Joey Q *****es about MJ and Peter Parker married, a logical next step for the character, where Sue and Reed are on the verge of divorce, the ultimate couple in comic books, screw Lois and Clark I cant see any reason why he would be all for this. IMO its hypocritical on his part and overall a very bad idea.

OMG! I just killed a kid.:(

Darthphere said:
Im not a x-****e, I only read Astonishing and X-Factor. I can honestly say I dont give a **** about Storm or Forge. But damn Black Panther is easily in my top 3 favorite Marvel characters hes not #1 because im racist but thats anohter story. And I absoultely hate this wedding idea. I realize there is some history but its not enough IMO to warrant this, love of their lives marriage that theyre making it out to be and one of the main reasons for this Storm mini-series. Because they really cant justify it. In a day and age where Joey Q *****es about MJ and Peter Parker married, a logical next step for the character, where Sue and Reed are on the verge of divorce, the ultimate couple in comic books, screw Lois and Clark I cant see any reason why he would be all for this. IMO its hypocritical on his part and overall a very bad idea.

OMG! I just killed a kid.:(

Oh,I wasn't commenting towards you.

Darthphere said:

I don't think the wedding is a bad idea, I just think it's poorly executed and rushed, it could have been something really good (that didn't require Storm leaving the Xmen) and been to the benefit of BOTH character, atleast you have valid reason for not liking the book or the marriage unlike alot of people. :up:

If I have anything, its valid reasons to hate stuff.

XBRoughneck said:
Just trying to see what everyone thinks about Reginald Hudlin's take on the Black Panther. He's had 16 issues to setup, shape and define "his" Black Panther compared to those that have come before (Chris Priest).

IMHO Reginald Hudlin's BP interpretation is on the level of his big screen projects.

IE...not that good.

Trying to get other opinions.

Oh, and yes...I noticed that his name is Reginald, not Robert.
:)

Mixed feelings.
If Hudlin were the Dark Lord of the Sith,.. I'd have crossed over to the dark side,... but was still feeling the pull from old Kenobi .

He has dragged me kicking into enjoying what I missed about the Panther when they Canceled his book.

Someone so Together,.. yet toting compassion,...

personally I think It's great- there are too few titles where a person of colour is the lead hero( I'm considering subscribing to it full time) The Panther is the FIRST Marvel hero who is black( he is nobody's sidekick as the Falcon was), he's not only as rich and as brilliant as Tony Stark, but he is ruler of his own country. The Panther rocks in my view!!!

Terry

The latest issue of BP underlines my point.

The character is being written well,.. and within the framework of what/who the Black Panther is.

Storm has been written well,.. And Even Wolverine didn't make my teeth Ache like he normally does.

I enjoyed the fact that the Panther continues to act as I prefer Blacks to act,.. in a manner (contrary to the hype) that the majority of we working Black Stiffs do.

(Bitterness)
Having to have a White comic reader explain to me in a comic store that he isn't realistic,.. that - that's not how Black People really act - made me sad because if any group should be able to see blacks as people,.. not stereotypes,.. it would be readers of the stuff in comics.

Back on Topic: While I'm not going to start kissing his azz like bendis fans do Bendis,.. I no longer have any real reservations AGAINST R.Hudlin.

Peace.

Varient said:
The latest issue of BP underlines my point.

The character is being written well,.. and within the framework of what/who the Black Panther is.

Storm has been written well,.. And Even Wolverine didn't make my teeth Ache like he normally does.

I enjoyed the fact that the Panther continues to act as I prefer Blacks to act,.. in a manner (contrary to the hype) that the majority of we working Black Stiffs do.

(Bitterness)
Having to have a White comic reader explain to me in a comic store that he isn't realistic,.. that - that's not how Black People really act - made me sad because if any group should be able to see blacks as people,.. not stereotypes,.. it would be readers of the stuff in comics.

Back on Topic: While I'm not going to start kissing his azz like bendis fans do Bendis,.. I no longer have any real reservations AGAINST R.Hudlin.

Peace.

Was he talking specifically about the character or his race?

Theres a difference between thats not how Black panther acts,and Thats not how black peopel act.

Darthphere said:
Was he talking specifically about the character or his race?

Theres a difference between thats not how Black panther acts,and Thats not how black peopel act.
Maybe he mis-spoke.
He did say that the Black Panther didn't act like a Black Person,... But Maybe he meant that the Panther wasn't himself?

I disagree with both,.. so I'll bust his chops thursday.

Peace.

I like hudlin's run. I hope he does BP the movie. I don't like BP and Storm getting married though. just doesn't feel right.

Anybody see that article in Wizard about BP and Iron Man's relationship? Funny stuff.

Wassup fellas I see Darth is up to his usual mischief.

deemar325 said:
Wassup fellas I see Darth is up to his usual mischief.

I actually thought I was doing well holding back?:confused:

lol! it's all good man.

You keep it interesting, I'll always like you for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"