BLACK PANTHER: Where does it rank in your MCU top 10?

It’s probably in my Top 3. I’d have to really think about placement.

6th/7th for me, it wasn’t quite top tier Marvel imo. However I want to see it again before definitively placing it.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Black Panther
Doctor Strange
Captain America: Civil War
Iron Man

For me right now, I'd place it just over or on par with CW.

1. CA: TWS
2. The Avengers
3. Iron Man
4. Guardians
5. Black Panther
6. CA: Civil War

This didn't even make top 10. I would say this is just above Thor2, for me. It's one of me least favorite MCU movies.

But, with that said, I still liked it. I don't think the MCU has made a bad movie yet, I just wasn't blown away with this like so many reviewers were.

This didn't even make top 10. I would say this is just above Thor2, for me. It's one of me least favorite MCU movies.

But, with that said, I still liked it. I don't think the MCU has made a bad movie yet, I just wasn't blown away with this like so many reviewers were.

Don't you typically dislike the whole social justice "agenda"?

I'm going to MoviePass the hell out of BP and then vote. The fact that I want to see it again so soon pretty much solidifies Top 10 status already.

Oh maybe you share the same anti-political correctness South Park avvy with someone else but I'm pretty sure you complained about Social Justice Warriors in the past.
I really don't understand the point you're trying to make. Are you saying that the MCU has a "Social Justice 'agenda'"?

6th/7th for me, it wasn’t quite top tier Marvel imo. However I want to see it again before definitively placing it.

Same. The more I've thought about it though, the more I am starting to like it.

Might try and catch it again in a few weeks.

Definitely, in my top 10. I want to see it again as I think the CGI issues I had could be “smoothed” out if I saw it in iMax.

Not in my top 10. I had a very similar experience with this that I had with the first GotG movie(which also isn't in my top 10...GotG2 is sooo much better). Everyone raves and I am underwhelmed(relatively speaking when compared to other films within this franchise). Same thing happened to the WW movie(only that was even worse...a 6.5/10) as well as the first 2 Raimi Spider-man movies(especially the first...6/10). I mean it's an MCU film so it's definitely decent(they haven't made a bad one yet, IMO) but it's definitely the least of the 6 Phase 3 films so far. In fact I haven't been this underwhelmed by and MCU film since GotG1. Yes, that means that IMO, every single MCU film since GotG1 was better than BP. I'd put TTDW and TIH below it, sure. IM2, IM3, Thor1, and GotG I'd rank all about on par with it. Now I've only seen it once and I've seen every MCU movie at least 3X in theaters so I'll be checking it out again and maybe it'll improve with repeat viewing and a more engaged audience(the folks I saw it with had reactions as dull as dishwater). We'll see. But this is easily the least humorous MCU film since TIH.

8/10

As for Coogler himself, I never saw Fruitvale Station but Creed was much better than this, IMO. I'm sure he'll be able to up his game with BP2 just as Gunn did with GotG Vol. 2.

Last edited:
There's a new king of Marvel Cinematic Universe.

(Other than Heaven Feige)

Black Panther
Winter Soldier
GOTG2
The Avengers
Spider-man Homecoming
Thor Ragnarok
Dr. Strange
Cap 1
Ant-Man
Civil War

Phase 3 has been very good to me and it's not done yet. :woot:

Top 10...probably bottom 5 of that. Maybe 5th or 6th.

Hmm, this is tough. I'd say

Winter Solider
Guardians of the Galaxy
Dr. Strange
Spiderman Homecoming
Black Panther
Captain America: Civil War
Iron Man
Ant-Man
The Incredible Hulk
Avengers
Captain America: The First Avenger
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Thor
Iron Man 3
Thor 2
Iron Man 2

Thor Raganrock...I haven't seen yet.

1 Winter Soldier
2 Iron Man
3 Avengers
4 CA Civil War
5 GOTG
6 Black Panther
7 First Avenger
8 Thor
9 Iron Man 2
10 Thor Ragnarock

Also, I should add, Ive been anticipating the Netflix shows like Daredevil and Punisher more than most of the movies lately.

1. Winter Soldier
2. Black Panther
3. Avengers
4. Civil War
5. Guardians of the Galaxy

My top 5 are always easy to name.
Everything else is just gravy.

I haven't rated ANY Marvel Studios film lower than a 7/10 but came close with Black Panther. It's just so very overrated and the re-watch value is going to be nonexistent.

It has to go like this...

(1) The Avengers
(2) Captain America: The Winter Soldier
(3) Captain America: Civil War
(4) Avengers: Age of Ultron
(5) Iron Man
(6) Thor Ragnarok
(7) Captain America: The First Avenger
(8) Ant-Man
(9) Iron Man 3
(10) Thor
(11) Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2
(12) Guardians of the Galaxy
(13) Thor: The Dark World
(14) Spider-Man: Homecoming
(15) Doctor Strange
(16) Black Panther
(17) The Incredible Hulk
(18) Iron Man 2

Just came back and sadly it didn't crack my top 10.

Same for me. I enjoyed it, but the movie was "just there" for me.

Movies that beat BP, no particular order:
CA:TFA
CA:TWS
CA:CW
GOTG
GOTG2
IM
IM3
Avengers
Avengers 2
Dr Strange
Ant-Man