BLACK PANTHER: Where does it rank in your MCU top 10?

1. Avengers
2. The Winter Soldier
3. Iron Man
4. Civil War
5. Black Panther

It's hard to say... Black Panther is definitely a very good MCU film, but for me, there a several film I'd rank better.

Better is, IMO: Iron Man 1, Captain America 2, Captain America 3, Thor 1, Avengers 1

Not sure about Dr. Strange...

1. Thor: Ragnarök
2. Iron Man
3. Captain America: Civil War
4. Doctor Strange
5. Black Panther
6. The Avengers
7. Guardians of the Galaxy
8. Captain America: Winter Soldier
9. Spiderman: Homecoming
10. Captain America

1. Avengers
2. Captain America: Civil War
3. Iron Man
4. Captain America: Winter Soldier
5. Spider-Man: Homecoming
6. Thor: Ragnarok
7. Doctor Strange
8. Avengers: Age of Ultron
9. Black Panther
10. Captain America: The First Avenger
11. Guardians of the Galaxy
12. Guardians of the Galaxy, Part 2
13. Ant-Man
14. Thor
15. Incredible Hulk
16. Iron Man 2
17. Thor: Dark World
18. Iron Man 3

1.Iron Man
2.Black Panther
3.Spider-Man: Homecoming
4.The Winter Soldier
5.Civil War
6.Guardians of the Galaxy
7.The Avengers
8.Thor Ragnarok
9.Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2
10.Doctor Strange

BP was a great movie, but there are too many other great movies in the MCU. I'd say in ranks just behind CA:CW, GOTG1, CA:WS and A1. It can fight it out with AM for the #5 position in my heart, but maybe I need to see this movie 2 more times to make sure. :hehe:

It made it.

Civil War
Avengers: Age of Ultron
The Winter Soldier
Black Panther
Thor: Ragnarok.

Side note: I can't believe the original Avengers has been bumped from my top 5.

2nd only to Avengers. It had no real weaknesses, only a couple of tiny flaws.

Was 2nd after my first watch and voted option 2 in the poll. Watched it again last night and its now my favourite in the MCU. Is there any way to change my vote?

Was 2nd after my first watch and voted option 2 in the poll. Watched it again last night and its now my favourite in the MCU. Is there any way to change my vote?

You need the time stone.

It was by far the best of the origin films. Completely blows the others out of the water

Just got back from seeing it and I did like it but I kind of fell disappointed though but maybe that was because of so much hype. I am thinking this may be around my 5th favorite but I am not sure. I can say for sure its not has good has Captain America civil war or winter solider though. Need a 2nd watch before I can rank it.

Just got back from seeing it and I did like it but I kind of fell disappointed though but maybe that was because of so much hype. I am thinking this may be around my 5th favorite but I am not sure. I can say for sure its not has good has Captain America civil war or winter solider though. Need a 2nd watch before I can rank it.

Yea check it out again.

Its more story based than action focused. It got better for some better when they knew what they were getting into. Might happen for you as well.

Yea check it out again.

Its more story based than action focused. It got better for some better when they knew what they were getting into. Might happen for you as well.

Yeah story is always more important the action but I do think it could have used more action but the main thing is having like 50 minutes or something with not seeing the villain was kind of lame and also with all the talk about having a great villain here I thought the villain was also kind of lame.

TOP 10 for sure. It's hard to rank some of these. I feel like if I rank my top 10 today I could easily change it tomorrow with a bit more thought. BP is a very good CBM.

1. CA: TWS
2. CA: CW
3: BP
4. The Avengers
5. Thor: Ragnarok

Black Panther is BOTTOM 3 territory if you judge it as a movie first and a political/cultural statement second.

At the very bottom with Incredible Hulk and Thor TDW.

Black Panther is BOTTOM 3 territory if you judge it as a movie first and a political/cultural statement second.

At the very bottom with Incredible Hulk and Thor TDW.

Disagree.

The action, drama, pacing, visuals, humor, dialogue, characterizations, etc were all top notch.

Of course the social commentary amplified the entire experience ten fold but the foundation and structure are very solid.

It's a tier two Marvel film imo.

Walking out I really didn't have that "I need to watch this again" feeling. It served it's purpose though and good to have a CBM film that was afro-centric.

Imo its the best because its more than just a comic book movie or another Marvel film. It goes so much deeper than that and deeper than any superhero film in dealing with the issues its dealing with.

The best cbm films like TDK , WW, etc , tend to transcend the genre and are larger than the tropes that define the genre. In that sense, its beyond alot of what Marvel has done even with the good quality films they've put out.

If anything , I think its set the bar for Infinity War very high in terms of quality and expectations.

1. Captain America The Winter Soldier
2. Black Panther
3. Ant-Man
4. Spider-Man Homecoming
5. Captain America Civil War
6. The Avengers
7. Iron Man
8. Thor Ragnarok
9. The Guardians Of The Galaxy
10. The Avengers Age Of Ultron
11. Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 2
12. Incredible Hulk
13. Iron Man 3
14. Captain America The First Avenger
15. Iron Man 2
16. Doctor Strange
17. Thor
18. Thor The Dark World

I own or will own the top 11.
12-15 I will watch if it turns up on TV on any random day
16-18 are there for MCU canon research purposes only at this point

Imo its the best because its more than just a comic book movie or another Marvel film. It goes so much deeper than that and deeper than any superhero film in dealing with the issues its dealing with.

The best cbm films like TDK , WW, etc , tend to transcend the genre and are larger than the tropes that define the genre. In that sense, its beyond alot of what Marvel has done even with the good quality films they've put out.

If anything , I think its set the bar for Infinity War very high in terms of quality and expectations.

Yep. This is why I think its the best. Because when "cool stuff wasn't happening" it still held my attention and had bigger themes and agendas.

I also think thats why critics (well the aggregate) favor this movie over the other ones.

Won’t be long before finishing in the top will get very difficult for new films. I reckon fromPhase 4.

Overhyped but still thoroughly enjoyable. I liked the very different visual and musical styles (the same reason I like the cosmic movies). Its definitely in the mid-tier of Marvel movies. I'm not sure the storyline is actually worth a second watch as it was pretty boring and straightforward when you already know the surprises and I've never been excited to see Black Panther show up in Avengers comics.

If anything the movie needed less T'Chala which is somehow...wrong? Can Black Panther 2 be the story of Okoye, W'Kabi, and M'Baku going out and kicking ass? With some healthy doses of little sis being the "man in the chair"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"