Superhero
Reaction score
Alllll abooooard hah hah hah hah..!!

:D One of my favorite all-time bands.

Maxwell Smart said:
Alllll abooooard hah hah hah hah..!!

:D One of my favorite all-time bands.
black sabbath didn't play crazy train.:down

I like Black Sabbath, though i think it un fairley propelled Ozzy to fame.
He's a god damn hack. Sabbath could have been great without him, it was the
um..what's their names that wrote everything.

Hades said:
Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler and Bill Ward.

Tony Iommi is the greatest riff architect in the history of heavy metal.:cool:

Hades said:

What the bad place is wrong with Ozzy? :down:

Hades and Man-Thing you're creating ****ty vibes in this thread.

Maxwell Smart said:
What the bad place is wrong with Ozzy? :down:

Hades and Man-Thing you're creating ****ty vibes in this thread.

you don't even know what songs they play, you have no right to start a black sabbath appreciation thread.:down

Maxwell Smart said:
Uhh, yeah they did.
crazy train was on Ozzy's first solo album back in 1980, several years after he left black sabbath, so that's a pretty dumb statement

Maxwell Smart said:
Yeah they did.

Let me set you straight. The song crazy train is one of Ozzy Osbourne's solo carrer. He wrote it with Bob Daisly and the late great Randy Rhoads.

Crazy Train isn't a black sabbath song.

PLAS said:
crazy train was on Ozzy's first solo album back in 1980, several years after he left black sabbath, so that's a pretty dumb statement

**** you *****

All my music is on my comp, because I never buy albums. My file of Crazy Train is labeled as "Black Sabbath".

Maxwell Smart said:
**** you *****

All my music is on my comp, because I never buy albums. My file of Crazy Train is labeled as "Black Sabbath".

why are you getting mad at us for you being wrong?:D :rolleyes:

Hades said:
here, you are displaying an extremely overwhelming lack of musical knowledge, it's like immediatley after Ozzy left Sabbath he went to do his overinflated showbiz attention getting stunts, and you couldn't be more wrong

Black Sabbath was Bill Ward, Tony Iommy, Geezer Butler and Ozzy Osbourne, and this lineup pretty much developed metal the way we know it

amusing fact that I know for sure you're unaware of: they started back in the late sixties as a blues band called Earth

Man-Thing said:
why are you getting mad at us for you being wrong?:D :rolleyes:
you should have said "why are you getting mad at us for being ignorant and stupid?"

that could be more like it

PLAS said:
you should have said "why are you getting mad at us for being ignorant and stupid?"

that could be more like it

Take a flying leap, *******. Its not my ****ing problem that I don't buy CDs, and sometimes files you download are mislabeled. Cheers if it makes you feel smarter.

PLAS said:
here, you are displaying an extremely overwhelming lack of musical knowledge, it's like immediatley after Ozzy left Sabbath he went to do his overinflated showbiz attention getting stunts, and you couldn't be more wrong

Black Sabbath was Bill Ward, Tony Iommy, Geezer Butler and Ozzy Osbourne, and this lineup pretty much developed metal the way we know it

amusing fact that I know for sure you're unaware of: they started back in the late sixties as a blues band called Earth

I have a recording of Earth playing Blue Seude Shoes.:up:

Did you also know that Tony Iommi got his signature guitar sound by accident? He was working in a press factory and his press cut off the tips of his fingers. As a result, to continue playing he switched to really light guage strings and had prosthetic thimbles made to replace his finger tips. This also lead to the massive down tuning. The song "a bit of finger" is a refernece to this accident.

Man-Thing said:
I have a recording of Earth playing Blue Seude Shoes.:up:

Did you also know that Tony Iommi got his signature guitar sound by accident? He was working in a press factory and his press cut off the tips of his fingers. As a result, to continue playing he switched to really light guage strings and had prosthetic thimbles made to replace his finger tips. This also lead to the massive down tuning. The song "a bit of finger" is a refernece to this accident.
Way to turn a horrible accident into something positive.

I knew that, and to think how life's great mishaps can lead to great things, I mean, I felt really bad when I found out about that (back in 88 or 89 I think), I mean, as a guitar player I could not think of a worse thing to happen to me than an accident of such nature

but this shows you just how dedicated Tommy is as an artist, he overcame his shortcomings and invented a new genre altogether in the process

that's why I have huge amounts of respect for the man

Hades said:
Way to turn a horrible accident into something positive.
well, if you can call the sound of the world comming to an end as positive then I guess it is.:up:

Well, what can I say about Black Sabbath? They're one of my all time favorite classic rock bands. Along with Zeppelin, they are the group that defined heavy metal. From "Warning" to "Paranoid" to "Iron Man" to "War Pigs" to "Changes", they've given us some amazing music.

BTW, a little tip for you Sabbath fans: drive to a desolate area where there are no traffic cops or other cars around, play "Paranoid" as loud as you can, and hit the gas and drive as fast as you can. It's fun!

PLAS said:
I knew that, and to think how life's great mishaps can lead to great things, I mean, I felt really bad when I found out about that (back in 88 or 89 I think), I mean, as a guitar player I could not think of a worse thing to happen to me than an accident of such nature

but this shows you just how dedicated Tommy is as an artist, he overcame his shortcomings and invented a new genre altogether in the process

that's why I have huge amounts of respect for the man

Yeah that is a pretty cool story.

Maxwell Smart said:
Take a flying leap, *******. Its not my ****ing problem that I don't buy CDs, and sometimes files you download are mislabeled. Cheers if it makes you feel smarter.
your ingorance does not make me feel smarter, it actually makes me feel sad for people like you, who give no true historical value to the things you "appreciate"

and that's the problem with a lot of people, they don't know and they don't care

if you really like something, you research it and learn the most you can about it, it's the logical thing to do

if you want banal, five minute entertainment, you're better off listening to Linkin Park

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"