Black Widow: The Movie

I was hoping guy Ritchie would be the one to direct a black widow movie but he'll be busy with King Arthur now.

Oh well, the search goes on

I think she needs to be in other characters films. It keeps the mystery on her.

I like to call this the "Captain Jack" effect. The first PotC film was much more about Swann and Turner. You knew little of Jack, what his real plan was, how much of his character was an act and if he could be trusted at all.

As soon as the films focussed on him and you saw his whole history and ideas, he just became a bit of a bumbling loon with no mystery anymore.

I don't think Black Widow's appeal is mystery. I think she is a strong female character with a dark past. A tragic hero. Like what the Winter Soldier could become. The more we see of her I think the more the audience likes her. She was hardly in Iron Man 2 and not very interesting, more in Avengers and audiances loved her, and more in Cap 3 and she is awesome in that. If she had her own film about her figureing out her life and it co-starred Hawkeye (the way she was co-star in Winter Soldier) I think she would be a smash hit.

I do wonder if perhaps Marvel is testing the waters so to speak for a possible BW solo movie? They've been increasing her role in each movie that she appears in and I wonder if they might be gauging whether the audience will latch onto her enough to justify a solo movie?

I think a Black Widow solo could work. Have Hawkeye be the costar and I would definitely be interested!

The current Black Widow series is a great staring point for a solo film. I'd love to see her doing solo missions and learning bits and pieces about her past.

Yeah, they still haven't really clarified just how much of her past she remembers in the MCU have they?

She doesn't seem confused whatsoever about her past; she seems to remember it just fine. Her only confusion I see is who she was actually working for.

Looking forward to this. Would be a nice change from the usual comic film releases which have been good so far for the most part but getting kind of tired of seeing the same characters getting the spotlight.

I'm thinking that perhaps Marvel can adapt the mini-series of Winter Soldier that also stars BW, or the Widowmaker run with BW and HE.

That would be ok but only for a little while. Sooner or later, probably sooner, black widow must have her own film.

I would actually rather winter soldier appears in a widow movie rather than widow keeps getting bit parts in other peoples movies

It would be great to see that lady who trained Romanoff reappear for her solo film. I have a feeling that's what they're leaning towards especially if they're setting up yelena as an arch nemesis for widow

It would be great to see that lady who trained Romanoff reappear for her solo film. I have a feeling that's what they're leaning towards especially if they're setting up yelena as an arch nemesis for widow
Yeah, that could work. There's a variety of ways they could approach it.

Scarlett has entertained me in this role over the years and she continues to do so. Like Iron Man and Captain America, I knew little about the character but I'm now a fan. I would still love to see a solo movie, and hope it happens. I think it would be a very good film - she's a female James Bond and I like seeing strong female characters getting the limelight. But if not, Widow appears in a lot of the MCU films. So we're still getting regular content, and Scarlett is happy to keep playing the part.

:bw:

Apparently there is going to be an extended version of the AoU movie releSed on BD/DVD with more back story on BW and the twins. Still hoping they announce a BW movie though.

A fan just made up a title sequence for a hypothetical Black Widow, and yelling about how awesome it is just doesn't do it justice. Just watch it, and tell me if I'm wrong:

that's a pretty cool little graphic design project

but it would have to come at the end, Marvel doesn't do opening credit sequences
it's also a bit derivative of the Cap end credits

I remember reading David Hayters Black Widow script from the mid '00s. It was pretty dark.

that's a pretty cool little graphic design project

but it would have to come at the end, Marvel doesn't do opening credit sequences
it's also a bit derivative of the Cap end credits

Hmmm... Guardians of the Galaxy's intro was pretty cool, but you're right, we haven't had a full on title sequence. I think they'd be willing to, seeing as how they broke with GotG.

I kinda liked that it was like Cap 2, but I see how that could be a strike against it.

I miss opening title sequences. The typical movie goer doesn't have the patience to put the damn cell phone down for 3 minutes,much less sit and watch opening titles. Frankly it does help though. There's always two or three people stumbling in the theater 5 minutes into the movie. This would help prevent us "innocent bystanders" from missing too much.

TIH had opening credits too. Most people don't even notice,due to the flashbacks.

Not interested.

Would rather see them devote some time to someone like The Punisher.

I think it's possible one of the reasons they don't make the BW movie is that her origin is pretty heavy stuff, and they sure as heck don't want to go R rated with their (up to now) only female hero.

So what you're left with is her bouncing off more up beat personalities like Cap and Stark in their solo movies.

Not interested.

Would rather see them devote some time to someone like The Punisher.

In what way is the Punisher a more interesting and deserving character for movie attention? Particularly since he's already had movies, and they've all been financial failures?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"