Blade 4?

But How in hell Snipes believed he can have 11 millions$ in money return. How can he believe his associate? They most have drogue him or something. Anyways I hope this mess will be cleared up pretty fast!

I would like to see one more Blade film with Snipes to redeem Blade Trinity. I didn't think the series was all that bad, but it did show that Goyer lost his way with the Blade character. Maybe Wesley has a better grasp of what made Blade so cool to start with. So, if Goyer got a final stab at it with Blade the Series to show you his version of Blade, why shouldn't Snipes get at least a movie to show you his. Then we can all be the judge.

^Agreed. GDT did an amazing job with blade 2 and I'd love to see snipes back....but chances are pretty slim.

I don't usually make threads, but I thought this might warrent new and further discussion.

I was reading my EW today and they had an interview with Wesley Snipes. In it he talks about his hopes to make a Blade 4.

Apparently, he has a lawsuit against New Line, David S. Goyer, and some of the producers of Blade Trinity about stipulations in his contract about the character (screen time, salary, etc.).

But he said that he believes that the lawsuit will be resolved to both parties' satisfaction and then they could work on a Blade 4.

Are people interested in that?
I'm interested in Blade 4... but not Goyer's version of it. He already made a mockery of Blade: Trinity so keep the lawsuit against him and make Blade 4 with a better director. I'd like to see Blade face-off against... someone, :grin:. Anyone other than Dracula, I know that he's the big, bad guy of the vampire clan but I'd like to see them try something more new and fresh again; like they did with the baddies from Blade II, instead of sticking around with regular, everyday vampires, they introduced a whole new breed and concept which in my opinion was done pretty darn well. I'd also like to see them get more into the character of Blade(unlike the last film), because I'd like to find out more about him like more depth on how he became Blade, allow the character to be able to connect with other characters in the movie, see him struggle with Whistler's death, etc. Just have more character development for the anti-hero known as Blade.

The Nightstalkers were pretty lame, but I thought the apocalypse storyline was ******ed with "the vampires basically winning" and setting up human farms until Blade steps in and swords them all. Unless it could have somehow came off 180 degrees different, the third Blade was going to be pretty lousy either way.

In my opinion, If there was a 4th, I would want Blade to be working on his own- kinda like he was in the first movie. Although i didnt mind him teaming up with the vamps in II, I didnt like him being part of the amateur Nightstalkers in Trinity.

In my opinion, If there was a 4th, I would want Blade to be working on his own- kinda like he was in the first movie. Although i didnt mind him teaming up with the vamps in II, I didnt like him being part of the amateur Nightstalkers in Trinity.

I'm thinking BIG for blade 4 I know its risky but its worth it. I want a mix of underworld(creepy bakground, very dark) and lord of the ring(for the big battles scenes).

Yes we could go back at scare one and have blade hiding in the night and kill some punk vampire but its deja vu. Something bigger like a war between humans-vampire-daywallkers.

Attack_to_the_Helms_deep.jpg

Another good choice would be Alex Proyas. I'd love to see what he could do with a Blade film.

That is a wet dream. I'd LOVE if Proyas directed a fourth.

Could the the vampire "Morrigan Aensland" be in a Blade movie as a villain?

Umm...Whether it worked out in the end or not, they've practically done a 'Blade 4' already...

blade0806.jpg

I'd believe they'd do a fourth theatrical installment if not for the fact that they did the Series AND the storyline was continued through that, revealing that Daystar ultimately failed.

IF Blade needs to be resurrected in ANY sort of way, which I agree with Kevin and don't think it should, I'd say the better way to go is either an animated format a la HBO's "Spawn" series or maybe an animated Direct-to-DVD feature like "Superman: Doomsday"...or a new on-going MAX book set in the Goyer-verse.

CFE

That doesn't count. :o

They can still do a "Blade: The Movie 4"

Well technically it does, since they heavily connected the Pilot to "Trinity" talking about the Nightstalkers, Sommerfield's research and Daystar...

But again, I could see them doing something animated more so than another live action project. Because if "Trinity" didn't kill the character and the franchise, "The Series" certainly did. And if Snipes is serious about returning to the character, he could certainly provide the vocal performance.

CFE

I honestly believe that as long as Snipes is good to go and fits the role then the series is alive. It's all about Snipes and as Trinity and the series showed, you try to push him aside and you're not left with much.

As long as the story and action is good, I'm there. I wish the rest of Marvel's movies were half as fun as the Blade movies. People hate on the Fantastic Four movies but I get much more enjoyment out of them than I do the Spider-man and X-men series. Well done or not, it means nothing if it's boring.

Agreed. I've been watching the Blade films recently and they're very fun, probably the most fun in terms of Marvel films, IMO anyway since it's a mixture of fun yet it's dark.

X2 might be my favorite Marvel film, but 'Blade' is definately my favorite Marvel film series.

CFE

When does Marvel get the movie rights back? I could see them making a blade 4. With the way New Line has been doing with there huge bombs lately I don't see the possibliy of a forth happening there.

didn't snipes sue new line because he felt like they stole part of his own personal life story to make blade? what a nut bag... i remember reading about that.. i was like wtf.. since when are you a vampire slayer

If they kinda go back to the first movie as far as, scenery and that kinda of...underground vibe. All those little vampire raves and what not. I liked that [at the time]. I like the second Blade movie, and the third is good for kicks in my opinion. The first one is real nice though. I like the vibe of that movie. 90s

didn't snipes sue new line because he felt like they stole part of his own personal life story to make blade? what a nut bag... i remember reading about that.. i was like wtf.. since when are you a vampire slayer

I think that one was proven to be false. A lot of made up stories about that guy out there. He's never said anything about the studios stealing from his life story or anything. I think him sewing has more to do with his rights as a producer on the movie.

When does Marvel get the movie rights back? I could see them making a blade 4. With the way New Line has been doing with there huge bombs lately I don't see the possibliy of a forth happening there.

Bombs? I think their only bomb was Elektra. The Punisher got close but even that made a profit.

I would see a Blade 4.

I can see Blade taking on Morbius, a scientifically alter man who gains Vampire-like abilities.

Blade - Wesley Snipes.
Morbuis - Guy Pearce

I'd love a Blade 4 if they completely disregard Blade:Trinity. In other words, Blade 4 takes place between Blade 2 and Blade 3.

Blade 4 could easily happen... just have certain vampires be immune to the events in Blade 3... Morbius is a prime example of that... because he's not a mythological vampire

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"