Another BLADE movie.............

Personally I think we've said all there needs to be said about ol' Blade.

That being said...vampiric sharks would totally put my ass in the theater seat.

I hope they do another Blade movie, loved the first and 2nd, hated the 3rd, a more satisfying ending is needed IMO.

aside from a movie, I'd like to see a next-gen systems Blade video game, with RPG-style interactive/online components.. at least put him in the next Marvel Ultimate Alliance game..

He was already in the first MUA game and he sucked.

Anyway, back on topic. I don't really like the sound of rebooting the franchise. What for? Just make a sequel.

possible other writers:
reggie hudlin
kevin grevioux

90101_press02-001.jpg

9010_press02-001.jpg

90101_press03-001.jpg

9010_press04-001.jpg

9010_press10-001.jpg

this how the next blade franchise should be. a mix of classic with modern age. i felt thats what the old franchise was missing.

Id be inclined to agree but Im kinda over the whole Van Helsing Man-bat look.

Although i think a good direction to go is taking Blade, a very modern hero, and put him in a more ancient setting like say Eastern European castles, villages, catacombs, etc.

Problem with making another Blade is that if Snipes is not in it it will be a hard sell as the Snipes trilogy is still quite recent and he made Blade what is is really.
I also vote to stay away from fantasy stuff like the above statue. This was what messed the 2 last films IMO.

I wouldn't mind some classic backdrops, costumes and themes... The Blade films has been ultra-modern, with hi-tech gear, state-of-the-art facilities, even a good dose of genetic engineering involved. Vampirism has been turned into a biological phenomenon... I thought the whole La Magra theme was out of place with the content of the first film being so modern.

An underground society that resembles the look and feel of the Hellfire Club would be a good tilt.

Problem with making another Blade is that if Snipes is not in it it will be a hard sell as the Snipes trilogy is still quite recent and he made Blade what is is really.
I also vote to stay away from fantasy stuff like the above statue. This was what messed the 2 last films IMO.

The whole concept of Blade is fantasy.

Vampirism has been turned into a biological phenomenon... I thought the whole La Magra theme was out of place with the content of the first film being so modern.

You were expecting 28 Days Later or I Am Legend where the only fantasy we get is people with a terrible virus? That would've sucked and been boring.

Last edited:
Like i said before Blade was made by Snipes and Goyer in marvel comics he was a b-list hero. He is very well known now cause of the movie much greater than was before the film. Even with this boost from the movies Marvel still wasn't able to capitalize on the momentum that Blade was in the movie. Take me for example I heard of Blade threw the Spider-man Animated series, wasn't interested, saw the movie got interested, read the comic, now only interested in the movie versions. So marvel get it together put together a good blade comic.

Marvel Had a good Blade comic. It was the MAX series. It was good in my opinion. I believe fans are just too damn picky.

Recently re-watched the first two and remembered how awesome they where. Sorry pro-reboot ladies, but Snipes owns Blade. It would be just as stupid as rebooting Die Hard.

Vampire's don't have to be the villains either. What about some Watchmen style mystery?

Recently re-watched the first two and remembered how awesome they where. Sorry pro-reboot ladies, but Snipes owns Blade. It would be just as stupid as rebooting Die Hard.

Vampire's don't have to be the villains either. What about some Watchmen style mystery?

Nah. When i go to the theatre to see a Blade movie, i dont want him riflin through filing cabinets with a flashlight and interogating suspects, i want him kicking in warehouses full of the undead, pulling out twin katanas and dispatching them very violently, to the strains of hard house trance music that i'd never usually listen to in a million years but for some reason works in the movie... These arent movies which lend themselves to subtlty.

I remember Blade being a P.I. post Vampire hunting in the early comics. So some sort of tech-noir kind of movie with the kind of action that would make Rambo blush.

You were expecting 28 Days Later or I Am Legend where the only fantasy we get is people with a terrible virus? That would've sucked and been boring.

Hell no... I am not saying that it what I wanted... I am saying that the two themes kind of ran into each other. I would have preferred a bit more goth in Blade. The movies kicked ass, none the less (the first 2 anyway), but now some more goth in a new film would be a good addition.

My point on this, is in response to Seth71 saying that the fantasy components of the last 2 films are what messed them up. I think that re-working more fantasy into the Blade saga is what it needs for a next film.

Blade 4 could be set in the distant future where a vampire is about to be become president of the United States!

I read a Blade comic once where some went to a grave yard and dug up blade who was in a coffin!

In the movie this could be a team of vampire killers who seek out A rested Blade to help them assassinate the vampire president!

This could restore the franchise and put Blade on the world stage of vampire politics!

I'll only endorse another Blade movie if he battles vampiric sharks.
nono, sharks already eat people in movies...how about vampire gorilas? gorillas sell well

nono, sharks already eat people in movies...how about vampire gorilas? gorillas sell well

they both sound like great ideas to me. a vampire gorilla, now there's something you don't want to f**k with!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"