Blade Reboot

Spike014

Civilian
Reaction score
Ok so after watching Blade 1 a few nights ago, I've been wondering could a Blade reboot work? A completely different cast and new story, would it work now. And who would you like to cast Blade?

I don't think anyone can replace Snipes.

He owned the role.

The tv series with Sticky Fingaz proved how essential Wesley Snipes was to the equation.

Snipes barely spoke in that role, he would be easily replaceable. His partner would be a much harder recast imo.

I say throw someone like Mahershala Ali (Remy from House of Cards) in the role and tie it into Doctor Strange. He could easily fit in with the rest of the cast. I can't see him as an Avenger tho, maybe he is a better fit on Netflix and the Defenders.

Clint Eastwood barely spoke in "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" but he wouldn't have been easy to replace either.

Clint Eastwood barely spoke in "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" but he wouldn't have been easy to replace either.

All you need is an imposing black dude that knows martial arts, you can replace Snipes and Eastwood with that criteria! :p

Snipes barely spoke in that role, he would be easily replaceable. His partner would be a much harder recast imo.

I say throw someone like Mahershala Ali (Remy from House of Cards) in the role and tie it into Doctor Strange. He could easily fit in with the rest of the cast. I can't see him as an Avenger tho, maybe he is a better fit on Netflix and the Defenders.
I can get behind this. :up:

Blade Ghost Rider switch out Morbius for The Punisher. The Midnight Sons can play a part in Dr. Strange 2 or 3.

A Tomb of Dracula tv series would be the best way to reboot Blade

Blade should definitely get a Netflix show some time down the line. I laugh when people saying "______ was the perfect ______, he can never be replaced" because its completely ridiculous.

Blade should definitely get a Netflix show some time down the line. I laugh when people saying "______ was the perfect ______, he can never be replaced" because its completely ridiculous.

It won't be easy to replace Snipes.

There still hasn't been a Superman who emodied the character better than Christopher Reeve.

Snipes had an on screen presence that isn't easily replicated and fit the character perfectly. You can't just throw shades on a black man and expect the same movie magic. It's not that simple.

Marvel should do a The Midnight Sons movie with Blade, Doctor Strange, Ghost Rider, Werewolf By Night, Elsa Bloodstone, Daimon Hellstrom and Jennifer Kale.

A Midnight Sons movie could be their supernatural version of The Avengers.

Have them face off against Lilith and her demons.

Re-doing Blade would be difficult. Snipes DID own that role... literally. He re-invented the character in that film series, it even carried through to the comics. Before then Blade was basically Luke Cage who hunted vampires.

He may not have had many lines, but he just had this intangible swagger and attitude. Blade is Snipes, not the other way around.

Michael J White would also be a good shout.

*blink* Why the hell would the Punisher have anything to do with the Midnight Sons?

Punisher operates in all aspects of the Marvel universe. Punishers 616 stories will be what he needs to do now that he's back with Marvel. Punisher Ghost Rider Blade definitely play in the same sandbox. Punisher movies didnt work solo so lets see him on a team.

Punisher is not, and should not be, a mystic hero. He has no business being involved in the Midnight Sons, any more than Spider-man does.

Things are different Daredevil, Luke Cage and Iron Fist arent Defenders. Shield didnt form The Avengers etc etc There's no reason to be stuck in the past. The Punisher brings the audience into the Midnight Sons world and can relate through him. His interactions with them would be gold. Peace to you im not gonna change your mind and you wont mine

Punisher would stick out like a sore thumb on the Midnight Sons

We've got alot of people who must not actually read the comics. The Punisher as a 616 is involved with sll the underground type characters. Punisher failed solo and hes to gritty for Avengers so he fits perfectly as a teammate or ally or even villian with The Midnight Sons

88_punisher_12.jpg

3649090-bladegettinshot.jpg

913042-blade_crazy.jpg

gr_5_90s.jpg

We've got alot of people who must not actually read the comics. The Punisher as a 616 is involved with sll the underground type characters. Punisher failed solo and hes to gritty for Avengers so he fits perfectly as a teammate or ally or even villian with The Midnight Sons

88_punisher_12.jpg

gr_5_90s.jpg

I could see Punisher making a cameo, but I would rather see him in the Defenders Netflix show. I don't think he'll vibe as well with the mystic and supernatural elements of the midnight sons.

And I wouldn't take comic book crossovers that seriously. Most are done to cash in on the popularity of the characters regardless of if it makes creative sense. And some are just silly :woot:....
howard.jpg

Last edited:
I think Blade can definitely work as a supporting player in a Dr.Strange sequel, building up to a Midnight Sons movie with Ghost Rider. But a Blade reboot film doesn't seem like the way to go, especially if you recast Blade. Vampires don't quite fit with the MCU as we know it now, so Dr.Strange's mystical/supernatural world will need to come first.

As for Punisher, i think he would also need a new introduction, possibly as a one-shot. That short film Tom Jane did as Frank would work pretty well. His origin/backstory isn't that complex so a simple glossing over would work, as long as the writing is up to par. In a one-shot, Punisher is doing his usual business until he comes across a vampire den. Unable to kill the vampires by conventional means and backed into a corner, he is able to use sunlight to kill them. He then decides to find out where these vampires came from, leading into a Midnight Sons movie. In the movie, the Punisher will be the audience's viewpoint into this weird and dangerous part of the MCU. He runs into Blade, they fight, Dr.Strange breaks it up, enlists Punisher to help them beat back the vampires. Add Ghost Rider as the wild gun #4, and i think you'd have a pretty entertaining team-up film.

So i'd do this 'phase' something like this:
Dr. Strange film >> Blade one-shot/film >> Dr.Strange sequel >> Punisher one-shot/short film >> Midnight Sons Film

Still down for Snipes to return. Not dropping this any time soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"