Blade reboot (franchise remake)

wtf?

a reboot already?

i suppose it does make sense now given that Snipes is unlikely to ever do another movie or any major movie again.

Blade Trinity killed the franchise and the TV Series flopped.

They are going to have to make something really different this time around, and they will need a proper actor who can actually fight.

We don't want no sissy's like Sticky fingaz who don't even know Martial arts.

Snipes is a martial arts master, the new guy has to be one too.

I would say don't bother because they've done enough already. However the halloween film market is very big and there aren't any other marvel heroes to tap into it except for perhaps morbius (who could get his own film and have spidey and blade cameos in it)

but apart from that, let them pay their attention to other marvel film projects like making a decent cinematic daredevil filim with a better costume

I would say don't bother because they've done enough already. However the halloween film market is very big and there aren't any other marvel heroes to tap into it except for perhaps morbius (who could get his own film and have spidey and blade cameos in it)

There's a BUNCH of Marvel heroes ripe for tapping into the Halloween film market. With Ghost Rider leading the charge. And whether you like GR or not, it STILL beat the living crap out of many other recent so called "Halloween films" at the box office, such as 30 Days of Night, and Rob Zombies Halloween...

Aside from GR, there's lot's more supernatural Marvel characters that could be brought to the big screen:

Dr. Strange
Moon Knight
Marvel's Dracula
Werewolf By Night
Daimon Hellstrom
Man-Thing (done better)
The Living Mummy
The Darkhold
Satana
The Gargoyle
Dr. Druid
Brother VooDoo
Simon Garth
Devil Slayer
Elsa Bloodstone
Lilith

If a relatively unknown character like Blade can be made into a successful 3 franchise film, certainly any one of THESE characters can as well, with the right script.

There's a BUNCH of Marvel heroes ripe for tapping into the Halloween film market. With Ghost Rider leading the charge. And whether you like GR or not, it STILL beat the living crap out of many other recent so called "Halloween films" at the box office, such as 30 Days of Night, and Rob Zombies Halloween...

Aside from GR, there's lot's more supernatural Marvel characters that could be brought to the big screen:

Dr. Strange
Moon Knight
Marvel's Dracula
Werewolf By Night
Daimon Hellstrom
Man-Thing (done better)
The Living Mummy
The Darkhold
Satana
The Gargoyle
Dr. Druid
Brother VooDoo
Simon Garth
Devil Slayer
Elsa Bloodstone
Lilith

If a relatively unknown character like Blade can be made into a successful 3 franchise film, certainly any one of THESE characters can as well, with the right script.

I totally agree I liked blade but the trilogy is way too young for a reboot! The last blade was in 2004 so there s other dark super heroes that could see the light.

Moon Knight could be interesting

115360649229186200.jpg

We don't need another Blade movie. Reboot, reimagining, sequel, whatever, it's unneeded.

Really?

I mean those movies ARE Wesley Snipes, which the TV show just proved. If they reboot, why bother if he's gone? And if he's back why bother not continuing? I mean it isn't like these movies have any real continuity anyway.

Dr. Strange
Moon Knight
Marvel's Dracula
Werewolf By Night
Daimon Hellstrom
Man-Thing (done better)
The Living Mummy
The Darkhold
Satana
The Gargoyle
Dr. Druid
Brother VooDoo
Simon Garth
Devil Slayer
Elsa Bloodstone
Lilith

I would love a werewolf by night or Brother voodoo movie.

The perfect person to play Blade is Micheal Jai White-he's a black belt just like Snipes, he played Spawn in the movie,and I think he would just pull it off for sure!

We don't need another Blade movie. Reboot, reimagining, sequel, whatever, it's unneeded.
I actually liked the original Trilogy the whole way through. Blade Trinity wasn't Shakespeare, but it kept me entertained and I thought was a logical conclusion to the series.

A Blade reboot with Sticky Fingaz...hahahaaa

Damnit make Blade with Del Toro and use the exisiting Apocalypse future script w/Snipes in the lead. Marvel gets rights back soon.

Damnit make Blade with Del Toro and use the exisiting Apocalypse future script w/Snipes in the lead. Marvel gets rights back soon.

Like we haven't seen that premise a thousand times already.

I agree that Michael Jai White should get a chance to be Blade. He would be a great blade and has the acting and martial arts skills to pull it off. The story should go into more on how blade became blade also.

Tks for sharing your experience here. It's quite well if some illustrations were following here.
clear.gif

Actually I think there was some pretty good continuity among the Blade films. Now the drop off came between the Blade film trilogy and the Blade TV show.

I would love to see more Blade. He's a diamond in the rough character, and Snipes-Goyer's films and Goyer's TV series barely stratched the surface of developing him as a fully realized character. There's a lot of territory left to explore. I think what Blade has over the other dark Marvel heroes is a silver screen track record, even though Trinity and the TV show, not to mentioned his failed comic series and the cancelled Captain Britain series has diminished his shine.

Still I think the films have proven Blade can make money, and might be able to make money again. As opposed to the untried other dark heroes. Though personally I wouldn't mind seeing Moon Knight and Werewolf By Night at least. It would seem like those two films could write themselves. Dr. Strange and now Dr. Voodoo might also make interesting film characters.

I'm definitely would like to see a reboot, but something keeping Blade modern, sleek, and cool like Goyer-Snipes vision for the character, though I'm not opposed to pushing the envelope in some respects regarding allowing the new Blade to get out from other Snipes considerable shadow. Michael Jai White could pull that off, though I don't think he's as good an actor as Snipes, MJW does have presence and he can kick ass. Goyer made a serious mistake in not casting MJW for the TV show. But I think part of that was about casting the less dynamic Kirk Jones in the role so that TPTB could really make the show about Krista.

hmmmm I think Jamie Foxx would be cool to see in the role

I'm definitely would like to see a reboot, but something keeping Blade modern, sleek, and cool like Goyer-Snipes vision for the character, though I'm not opposed to pushing the envelope in some respects regarding allowing the new Blade to get out from other Snipes considerable shadow. Michael Jai White could pull that off, though I don't think he's as good an actor as Snipes, MJW does have presence and he can kick ass. Goyer made a serious mistake in not casting MJW for the TV show. But I think part of that was about casting the less dynamic Kirk Jones in the role so that TPTB could really make the show about Krista.

Well, I doubt Goyer had that much say, no matter how involved in the series he was. And yeah, I can agree that the people in charge really did want to make the show about Krista. Still, I actually did enjoy the series. I loved the exploration of the vampire society, especially with the power struggle between Marcus and the purebloods, which is something I always loved about the first two films. Plus, you have to admit, casting Shaft as Blade's father was an interesting nod to a character that could have easily been an influence for the Blade character. And it was actually surprisingly graphic for a basic cable show. And on DVD? Even gorier, AND the occasional tittay!! :woot:

A Blade reboot with Sticky Fingaz...hahahaaa

This is a dumb question, but what was so bad about Sticky Fingaz as Blade (and don't say that it was because he simply wasnt' Wesley Snipes). I never actually watched the Blade TV series, so I'm just wondering.

He was not blade. Robert Englund is Freddy. Anthony Hopkins is Hannibal Lector. Arnold is the Terminator, Stallone is Rambo. Sticky was not Blade. The martial arts was laughable. You could tell he was counting the steps in his head, it's not his fault he's not a black belt, but his movement was terrible. His powers were also down played. He can't sense vampires anymore, so he needs special shades to see them or some crap.

He got his ass kicked more than he kicked ass for most of the episodes, and he came off as amatuer. The vampire villain was also terrible. He makes Drake from Blade: Trinity look good. He goes from a vampire god in Frost, to a genetic improvement, to the big bad vamp himself, to getting shown up to some smug aristocrat & a little girl.

The show started to pick up I think, but it was too little too late. Besides, Spike isn't exactly known for their quality programming so for them to let go of a show it has to be bad. Just my honest opinion.

Sorry for the double post.:O

Last edited:
hmmmm I think Jamie Foxx would be cool to see in the role

Wouldn't be a bad way to reboot things. He's got a noteworthy name, and some good acting chops. He's also a local guy, so I'd be thumbs up for it.

I'll take 'Blade 4' before I take a remake/reboot/re-whatever...

Better to just leave the trilogy as is though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"