BLADE RUNNER: 25th Anniversary DVDs Thread

I bought the Final cut and just watched it. It looks way better than any release of this film, it's insane. I'd go as far to say this final cut has the most believable and realistic effects I've seen in any film. it's a prefect blend of pratical and digital effects. for they kid that hasn't seen it yet and is wondering if you should buy it, I recommend it since you liked the films listed a few posts up. I'd also put 12 monkeys on the list of films similar to blade runner, not in visuals but in mood and tone. Blade Runner is ALL about mood and tone. The film is dark and bleak, and not to exciting, but it's complex story and over achieving visiuals makes this film one of a kind. it's look has only been matched in animation such as akira and ghost in the shell. If you liked those films too you'd like blade runner.

I pretty much agree. The film makes you think and wonder, which is never a bad thing.

I'm glad he was able to reshoot what he did. And it was perfectly integrated, imo.

I just watched the Final Cut last night. The movie looked even more beautiful than it did before. I am not quite sure how much was different (only saw the DC before this version, and off hand I didn't spot many differences). I will probably catch them though, since I am gonna watch each version of the movie.

Main differences in the Final Cut from the Director's Cut...

-- Shortened shots where voiceover was removed (like Deckard eating sushi, etc.)
-- More violence in Tyrell's and Pris' death scenes.
-- More city shots when Deckard researches the snake (for instance, he talks to a cop with an orange facemask.)
-- Fixed audio when Deckard questions the snake maker (they even brought in Harrison Ford's son and applied his scar to shoot it)
-- Fixed sequence involving the death of Zhora
-- Changed Bryant's line early in the film to correct how many replicants are on the run. (He used to say "one of them got fried", now he says two.)
-- Unicorn dream sequence now has a couple extra close-ups of Deckard.
-- Shot of the dove Batty releases into the air now fits with the rest of the set design of the movie.
-- "I want more life, f***er" is now "I want more life, father."

On top of that, the film was cleaned up, and certain visual effects shots were very improved in very subtle ways (i.e. removing strings, etc.).

I did notice the line change. I prefer "I want more life, father." It sounded a tad off to me in the DC when he said the line, and it just sounded better.

yeah, "father" fits the tone of the scene much, much better than "f**ker"

yeah, "father" fits the tone of the scene much, much better than "f**ker"
Ya, it sounded much better for sure.
For some reason I love the little music they dub over for the trailer to advertise for 25th Anniversary :) Makes me wanna watch it again..

Is it Clint Mansell's The Fountain? I was extremely happy when I heard that.

Finally saw Blade Runner last night, I saw the Final Cut, It was so cool, I loved it. I never seen any of the other cuts so I don't know how much was changed but it was awesome. I plan on buying it soon.

Just got my 25th anniversary soundtrack in the mail, along with the Complete Recordings for The Return of the King. :p

Now if you'll excuse me, I have about 9 hours of score to listen to.

When will the ridiculousness stop already with this film? It's like they just won't stop releasing different versions of this crappy movie and now they're selling all those crappy versions in a neat package! It doesn't matter how many cut of Blade Runner they make, the end result is still the same. They'll all put you to sleep!

When will the ridiculousness stop already with this film? It's like they just won't stop releasing different versions of this crappy movie and now they're selling all those crappy versions in a neat package! It doesn't matter how many cut of Blade Runner they make, the end result is still the same. They'll all put you to sleep!

If you don't like the movie stay out the thread man, no one likes your negative vibes

no one should go into the film expecting a high pace action thriller. In fact that's how it was marketed in 1982 so many were disappointed. The film is suppose to be driven by character, set design, and strong themes

Introducing the new and improved Ultimate Final Cut..

(just a joke..I know Mr.Scott says this is it)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"