BLADE RUNNER: 25th Anniversary DVDs Thread

I bought the Final cut and just watched it. It looks way better than any release of this film, it's insane. I'd go as far to say this final cut has the most believable and realistic effects I've seen in any film. it's a prefect blend of pratical and digital effects. for they kid that hasn't seen it yet and is wondering if you should buy it, I recommend it since you liked the films listed a few posts up. I'd also put 12 monkeys on the list of films similar to blade runner, not in visuals but in mood and tone. Blade Runner is ALL about mood and tone. The film is dark and bleak, and not to exciting, but it's complex story and over achieving visiuals makes this film one of a kind. it's look has only been matched in animation such as akira and ghost in the shell. If you liked those films too you'd like blade runner.

Sweet, I liked twelve monkeys too, I just have to buy that as well.

I'd also say if you liked ridley scotts alien you'd like Blade Runner. I'd call those films Ridley scotts master pieces. The thing is Blade Runner isn't entertainment, it's a work of art from a film maker in his prime. I'd say Minority Report is also on the list of films like blade runner.

My recommendation to you would be to rent the directors cut, it's still a great movie, and if you like it, buy the final cut and you'll be amazed at the difference between the films and I think you'll like the final cut that much more then.

I wish I had a blockbuster card.

Scratch that, my brother has netflix I'll see if he will let me get it.

블라스;13597091 said:
Oh man....Alien.
What a movie :up:

yes, Alien, I've watched that movie like 4 times in the past year, I can't get enough of that. In my eyes tied for greatest horror movie ever made with the exorcist, but I do enjoy Alien alot more.

to TD. chances are you probably know someone who has Blade Runner or someones dad who has Blade Runner. you're of the right age, my dad is the one that got me to watch blade runner and I didn't love it at first but the visuals kept me coming back to it and now I love it.

good movie, I had to study it for my film genre class this semester

My parents thought I should see it, they say it a really good horror movie.

I assume he's taking a film or something like that study class. I'm a film production major myself so it's my home work to see all these movies. the exorcist is a great movie, it's a film with plot and a strong one at that. A rare thing for horror movies, that's why I think it's one of the best.

what type of class is that, what major are you?

I hope my school has this class.
Film Genre
yeah, I'm a communications major

So am I, I'm a broadcast journalist, I just happen to take film classes for fun. Studying of the Exorcist mainly involved hysteria of the female body during puberty along with faith versus medical science

If I understand right, communications major with a focus in television and digital film?

So for the 5 disc, is the breifcase a tin or what?

If I understand right, communications major with a focus in television and digital film?

ah, that makes sense. I have no idea about communications since i didn't want to pursue that.

blade runner is a masterpiece

anyone who wants to see an amazing futuristic vision with awe inspiring music should watch it right now!

the music by Vangelis is just unbelievable!
amazing electronic, and blues type score with some amazing sound effects!

absolutely awesome!

vangelis is a master!

up to you, but personally I'm replacing it, with a Blu-Ray copy but if you're a fan of the movie as much as I am and don't have either Blu-Ray or HD DVD I would replace your copy with the 4 disc DVD set which actually doesn't have the workprint cut it seems
Well, I think my dad's getting either the two disc or four disc.
You could sell it to me, but I would have to see pics of it's condition
It's in great shape; I only watched it once.

good movie, I had to study it for my film genre class this semester

I was trying to take a literature class that was going to focus on the film. It was called Literature of Dystopia. They watched Blade Runner, read Matt Groening's Life is Hell, etc. Didn't get in, though.

I was trying to take a literature class that was going to focus on the film. It was called Literature of Dystopia. They watched Blade Runner, read Matt Groening's Life is Hell, etc. Didn't get in, though.

shame, seems like a cool class

Well, I bought the 4 disc set (I'm not super crazy about watching the WP cut).
Hopefully this weekend I'll watch the movie in this order: Theatrical cut, International cut, Director's cut and finally the Final cut :D

I have a feeling the FC is going to be soooo awesome :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"