Blu-Rays

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episodes IV - VI' started by BigCityBoy, Sep 3, 2014.

1. BigCityBoy

BigCityBoy Well-Known Member

I still own and watch the standard DVDs of the OT basically because I refuse to spend more money on the Blu-Ray copies. That being said, I was curious for anyone who owns the Blu-Rays, my question is are those noticeable gray boxes that surrounds the tie fighters like towards the end of A New Hope and etc. still appear on the Blu-Ray copies or was that corrected for the Blu-Ray release?

2. Bim

Bim Well-Known Member

I'll check my set when i get home and tell you. I honestly dont remember lol. But imo the blu-ray set is fantastic. The movies have never looked so beautiful and clear.

3. Marvolo

Marvolo Well-Known Member

They fixed some of the mattes (those grey boxes) and blended them better. They also fixed some of the lightsaber cores that looked bad in the dvds. That being said there's a lot they didn't fix and some stuff they made worse. Lucas couldn't help himself and added everything from cgi rocks that disappear from one shot to the next to Vader screaming Noooooooooooo!!! while he throws the Emperor down the reactor shaft. Here's a list of the new changes:

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
  4. Slushy

Slushy Well-Known Member

The Empire Strikes Back is the only worth getting on Blu-Ray. Unlike the two films, the changes actually improved the film.

5. gohei_

gohei_ Infected by Pentapox

This is maybe a bit late, but they released all the movies on dvd and bluray again a while back. Maybe like 6 months ago? What's the difference between those and the big bluray box that came out a few years ago?

6. Golgo-13

Golgo-13 The Return of the O.G

Question; the scene where Vader kills Obi Wan; was the light sabre flicking on and off ever corrected?

7. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014 Champion

I still refuse to buy the OT on blu ray until we get remasters of the original cuts of the films. As unlikely as it continues to look :csad:

8. Mandon Knight

Mandon Knight Always a slacker....

In the next few years we'll get a full 1-9 box set and that may happen then perhaps ?

9. Spider-Fan

To this point, all we have heard is no and I think I read Lucas may have put a clause in the Disney contract that they cannot release them. If true, that sucks :csad:

But, I still hope we will get them one day. Yes, I want remastered cuts of the OT, but not at the cost of the trash they added to them.

10. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Well-Known Member

Isn't Blu-ray sort of old hat at this point? Isn't it all about 4K super blu-ray or whatever now? Or HD VOD?

11. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Well-Known Mutant

4K digital download

12. Spider-Fan

I prefer having physical copies over digital downloads.