Possible 80GB + 15 free Blu-Rays deal??

RedIsNotBlue

Agree to disagree
Reaction score
A guy claiming to be a Wal-Mart employee in the Electronics department just posted this over at Blu-Ray.com.

For those of you who doubted Wal-mart's format preference following the $98 HD-A2 sale...

On 11/24 at 8:00am (running through 11:59pm on 11/25), the 80GB PS3 ($499) will come with 10 FREE Blu-ray movies instantly. You choose any 10 BD titles under $30 within the store and they will override the prices to zero. For those stores that carry BD already, additional titles are being sent in for the sale. For those that do not have BD in their store (a small minority) product will be sent to each store specifically for this sale.

Oh, and you still get your 5 FREE movies by mail.

Happy shopping.

So if this is true that is the 80GB PS3, 15 Blu-Rays, and the Motorstorm in the box for $499 correct?

DUDE, THAT IS AWESOME,:eek::up: I WISH I HAD WAITED,:( BUT I'M GLAD I DIDN'T!!!:oldrazz::D:up:

I already have the 60GB and this offer is still tempting me. I might go for it and sell one of my systems for cheap to one of my friends.

Good deal if true. I hope we see some more deals on BR movies bc I need to pick some up

I already have the 60GB and this offer is still tempting me. I might go for it and sell one of my systems for cheap to one of my friends.

YEAH I HAVE THE 60GIG AS WELL, I BOUGHT IT AT THE END OF LAST YEAR, LATE DECEMBER IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY AND HAVEN'T REGRETTED IT FOR ONE SECOND!!!:D:up: I HAVE 17 GAMES FOR MY PS3 ALONE SO FAR AND THERE'S PLENTY MORE COMING!!!:ninja::up: AS FOR WHAT YOU'RE PLANING, GO FOR IT, THE MORE PS3S GET SOLD THE BETTER, BESIDES IT'S AN AWESOME DEAL!!!:D:up:

I read that someone called WM and it was stated that it is 10 movies including the mail-in-rebate...so we will have to see.

Is there currently a rebate option with the PS3 for Blu-Ray movies?

I am thinking about buying a PS3, and this would definitely be the clincher for me.

Is there currently a rebate option with the PS3 for Blu-Ray movies?

I am thinking about buying a PS3, and this would definitely be the clincher for me.

With any PS3 you buy you get 5 free Blu-Ray's regardless. Here is the list you can choose from. http://bluraysavings.com/bluraysavings_usa.pdf

But you need to allow 1 to 3 months for them there is no real time frame people have had mixed shipping periods. I think they have a tracker for them available.

And if this turns out to be what people are claiming you get 10 instantly of your choice from the selection they have at the Wal-Mart except they have to be under $30. And you also get the PS3 game Motorstorm in the box.

So if this deal turns out to be correct you get an 80GB PS3, PS3 game, 10 instant Blu-Ray's, and 5 mail-in Blu-Rays for $499 plus tax.

With any PS3 you buy you get 5 free Blu-Ray's regardless. Here is the list you can choose from. http://bluraysavings.com/bluraysavings_usa.pdf

But you need to allow 1 to 3 months for them there is no real time frame people have had mixed shipping periods. I think they have a tracker for them available.

And if this turns out to be what people are claiming you get 10 instantly of your choice from the selection they have at the Wal-Mart except they have to be under $30. And you also get the PS3 game Motorstorm in the box.

So if this deal turns out to be correct you get an 80GB PS3, PS3 game, 10 instant Blu-Ray's, and 5 mail-in Blu-Rays for $499 plus tax.

Thank you very much for clearing that up, and helping me make my decision. You've really been helpful, and I'm looking forward to purchasing it.

Thank you very much for clearing that up, and helping me make my decision. You've really been helpful, and I'm looking forward to purchasing it.

Well just remember this hasn't been 100% confirmed but has been supposedly pointed by guys claiming to work for Wal-Mart electronics but my gut feeling says its a go. I already have a PS3 and this deal looks so tempting I might go for it...lol.

I think it will be 5 in store with the 5 rebate. I think 10 out the door is too good to be true

The Wal-Mart employee who I heard this first from said 10 instanly plus the 5 from the rebate and I haven't seen him correct that.

Better be there like a few hours early to wait as each Wal-Mart will only have this deal for a limited amount of PS3's, minimum is 2 per store.

They should call this a deal for Black Saturday. lol.

I think it just all depends on the store and such. Some stores might have 10 PS3's while others might literally just have 2.

I think it just all depends on the store and such. Some stores might have 10 PS3's while others might literally just have 2.

Yeah, but I think it won't matter how many PS3's they have on hand, it will depend on how many deals each store wants to do...at least, that's what I understood.

Yep from my experience and seeing other peoples experiences with Wal-Mart they have no real unified way of selling high definition products. Very random.

Proof.

11232007053.jpg

My store in Mt. Pleasant, MI had 7-8 PS3's. I was third in line. I waited about an hour. The two people in front of me both worked at the store.

The 10 free movies on top of the 5 movie rebate is true. I purchased a PS3 and got the 10 movies. There didn't seem to be that many people who knew about the sale.

The only real downside was that the Wal-Mart I went to didn't seem to have that great a selection of movies. Still, I scrounged up 10, and got my PS3. Some of the notable Blu-Ray DVD's I purchased were The Reaping, 300, Oceans 13, Spiderman III, and Apocalypto. There were more, but these are the ones that stood out to me.

Now I have an X-Box 360 and a PS3. I'm going to go to the Game Stop and get some PS3 games now. Probably Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, and Assassin's Creed.

My store in Mt. Pleasant, MI had 7-8 PS3's. I was third in line. I waited about an hour. The two people in front of me both worked at the store.

The 10 free movies on top of the 5 movie rebate is true. I purchased a PS3 and got the 10 movies. There didn't seem to be that many people who knew about the sale.

The only real downside was that the Wal-Mart I went to didn't seem to have that great a selection of movies. Still, I scrounged up 10, and got my PS3. Some of the notable Blu-Ray DVD's I purchased were The Reaping, 300, Oceans 13, Spiderman III, and Apocalypto. There were more, but these are the ones that stood out to me.

Now I have an X-Box 360 and a PS3. I'm going to go to the Game Stop and get some PS3 games now. Probably Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, and Assassin's Creed.
Congrats on the purchase. May I suggest getting Warhawk also. Don't forget UT3 comes out in a few weeks. Add your PSN name in the thread on the top of the board, if you feel inclined to do so. Welcome.

Nice congrats and welcome to the PS3 community man. You will be blown away by the quality of the Spidey 3 disc. You should get Resistance: Fall of Man so I can snipe you for an hour. :o

So I finally got my PS3. I wanted to feel like I at least got some deal when getting it and I feel this is the best one even if the movie selection wasn't the greatest. But I doubt the PS3 will get much cheaper between now and x-mas so I might as well get an *** load of movies.

Thank you guys for posting all this stuff because I read it at 1 in the morning and went to WM at 6 and got my PS3 and all my movies. My fiance went with me even though she wasn't very happy about it. I didn't force her, but she didn't want me going alone, but she got some movies for herself in the deal at least so she's happy now. Too bad they didn't have Hairspray as that's the one she really wanted.

Here's what I got: Spider-man 3, Ghost Rider, Mr. Brooks, Ocean's 13, The Departed, TMNT, 300, and Pathfinder. And Santa Clause 3 and Ratatoouille for the gal that were specifically for her but she helped pick out the other ones and we're both happy with the other blu-ray discs.

So thanks again for all the postings about the deal as I wouldn't have known about it otherwise.

Congrats. Now its time for you to get some games. I definelty reccommend Warhawk and Uncharted. Best multiplayer and single player experience, respectively on the PS3, IMO. You wont be dissapointed with either one. Once you get signed up for a PSN account, make sure to post your user name in the thread thats stickied on the top page

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"