Bohemian Rhapsody

Ah, okay. Well that's more manageable. Still, that's a pretty big chunk of the movie, wow.

17 mins to be precise is all each artist got at Live Aid. They crammed 6 songs in that set.

I watched the entire Live Aid performance on YouTube for the first time a few months ago and I totally get why they'd want the entire set in the movie. It was Queen at their absolute best. I can't wait to see if they managed to capture it right (I sort of wish they'd just play the actual Live Aid footage rather than a reenactment - it was THAT good)

Well, it is considered the best live rock performance of all time. - the Radio Gaga bit and We Are The Champions are legendary. So, I'm not surprised that they wanted to recreate that moment in history.

But this film does has a incredible amount of music performances in it based on trailers alone. I'm wondering just how much actual story and drama are we going to see.

Early reaction does seem to imply this will get mixed reviews but I don't see this as a bad thing. Of course I would have loved this movie to be universally praised, but you can't please everyone - especially when it comes to biopics. I've watched plenty of movies that have been critical hits and I've hated (and vice versa)

Keeping everything crossed that I'm in the "I loved it" group.

Me too. I really love Queen and Freddy. My second favorite band of all time. So I do want this movie to be good if not great.

Seems like the movie itself will get mixed reviews, but the performance as Mercury is going to get universal praise.

Well, it is considered the best live rock performance of all time. - the Radio Gaga bit and We Are The Champions are legendary. So, I'm not surprised that they wanted to recreate that moment in history.

Interesting to note that Live Aid was apparently the only time Freddie managed to hit the high notes in Champions live, probably because the set was so short. You only have to look at other concert videos to see him struggle to reach the notes live, probably due to Champions usually being the last song in a 2 hour gig. Very hard song to sing.

Very happy to see some good reviews making the rounds.

I've booked tickets for October 24th which is the day it comes out in the UK. I usually won't see a movie the day it comes out unless it's The Avengers but... this IS Queen.

Very happy to see some good reviews making the rounds.

I've booked tickets for October 24th which is the day it comes out in the UK. I usually won't see a movie the day it comes out unless it's The Avengers but... this IS Queen.

About to book tickets for it also :)

Bryan Singer warns of a "false" Esquire profile on him is coming to destroy him and the movie.

The Live Aid material was less than 20 minutes, but they blew everyone else away, watched the whole thing at the time and they simply grabbed a moment of history and made it theirs, knowing that the cause was the biggest and the reception they received would lift people, inspire them to give to the main point of the whole event.

I wanna read that Esquire article cause it sounds like something not particularly flattering is coming Bryan Singer's way.

Early reaction does seem to imply this will get mixed reviews but I don't see this as a bad thing. Of course I would have loved this movie to be universally praised, but you can't please everyone - especially when it comes to biopics. I've watched plenty of movies that have been critical hits and I've hated (and vice versa)

Keeping everything crossed that I'm in the "I loved it" group.

Never really understood the interest in what others *any* others period think of a film/TV show or song etc.

Go see it,you like it - cool,you don't like it - cool.

Ultimately it's not made for you to view for others but for you.

:)

Never really understood the interest in what others *any* others period think of a film/TV show or song etc.

Oh I totally agree. I hardly ever listen to critics because at the end of the day, you can't ever completely put aside bias and personal taste. Like I can't stand gory/horror movies and there is no way I'd ever think one was good. You're never going to get a movie that is liked by everyone. Also I think there are people out there who just enjoy being negative.

You don't understand the interest in discussing a film on a film discussion board? How sharing and reading opinions on art can enhance one's own appreciation, through simple engagement, allowing one to perhaps see the art from a different POV and potentially appreciating it more?

It is a good indication that you didn't do something when you preempt such an article. :o
I'm anxiously awaiting him to pull a Phylicia Rashad and say this is a systematic attack against him because of his sexuality.

Honestly, I think we can all guess what that articular will be about. His names has floated for years in rumored sex scandals with very young men.

I don't think anyone is guessing at this point.

I think Tanita has a valid point, I would speculate that it's highly unlikely the article is going to be about Singer's penchant for Mexican food over Asian, or dubious taste in wallpaper patterns. Given the current climate and public outcries against the likes of Kevin Spacey, all the rumours and allegations from Singer's past may be coming to bite him in the ass. No pun intended.

I really don't know what to make of the whole Singer thing in general. Might be clouded due to really liking him as a director, but I dunno, pretty conflicted on it.

One the one hand it's like "this much smoke over the years, there's surely gotta be fire too". I wouldn't be at all surprised if someday something substantial proves he's guilty.

And on the other...he's been cleared of every claim made against him so far, multiple times, and I do feel it's a little fishy this stuff always seems to rear its head like a week before a movie of his is due to hit.

Just don't know, weirdly 50/50 on the whole Singer thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"