Bolivar Trask is black?

WTF is wrong with some of you. do u even think regular movie goers know who that character is or is he supposed to be black or white. do u think the normal movie goer cares?

you guys are reaching with this subject.

LastSunrise1981 said:
Who cares? Bill Duke is awesome.

Bill Duke>You

mac.jpg

And the Predator references continue! Maybe Bill Duke as Bolivar Trask should just mow down mutants with Old Painless.

why bother having him at alll

he did nothing
he was a waste of a character

should have hired some lame white guy who cant act

at least then u would have gotten the appearance right

i dont care how good of an actor duke is, they gave him nothing to do

wtf? What else did you want him to do? Jump in some commando boots and start waving a flag?..

-TNC

They cast someone like Duke and he wasn't even creepy. What was the real point of a nice Trask?

TNC9852002 said:
wtf? What else did you want him to do? Jump in some commando boots and start waving a flag?..

-TNC

ummm something

the role of trask could have been anyone

any actor
any character

why pick trask-known for somethign else?
why not get an actor who looks the part if its just a bit part?

or...why not hire the best actor for the role, irregardless of race?

ironmaidenrules said:
ummm something

any actor
any character

Why must it always come down to race?

(Sigh)

ironmaidenrules said:
ummm something

any actor
any character

It may have been only a bit part in X3, but just as in a comic, sometimes a character is introduced in only one or two frames, and then over the course of a few issues, we learn this is going to become an important character.

At the end of X2, because of two or three seconds of film, we knew Phoenix would be in X3. With Trask in a smidge of X3, we've got a good idea what X4 (if it gets made), will be about.

I, for one, am very happy there was only a glimpse of Trask in X3, and I'm thrilled at the idea of Bill Duke playing the character.

and, seriously, Olivia Williams probably knew her character would be coming back for one of the spin-offs or a possible sequel.

i hope they put Moira, Xaiver, and Magneto together in the Magneto prequel.

Wesyeed said:
He never says "well you know what needs to be done." anyone else notice that? and it was such a well delivered line too. what a shame.
Actually I think the president delivers a line similar to this one, right about the time I thought Duke would say it.

Damn editing

and watch duke leave because x4 takes too long to get made.

they better keep him happy till then

cause i think he did good...for what little we saw of him

Just out of curiousity...

Trask was black in the movie, white in comics. Callisto was latina (and fine as hell) whereas comics Callisto was white (plus homely).

I haven't seen any of the normal "race change" complaints that I usually do on various sites...

Was anyone here bothered by it? If so, why? If not...especially if you were bothered by changes in other comics movies...why?

It bothered the hell out of me, but since it's Fox why even bother complaining? If they'd at least get the characters right, then I would've been able to look past the race changes, but they didn't even manage to do that.

Trask seemed just like some random important government person and that's it. No connection with Sentinels at all, and I don't know if it's just becacuse I can't remember the movie too well, but he also didn't seem like a big mutant hater. They really could've just made up some random person.

Callisto, she's another CINO. Gorgeous latina, no eye patch, and a mix between Calliban and Quicksilver.

Not bothered about the race change. I am bothered that they change Psylocke's nationality - it's part of her characterisation.

grey_jeanie said:
Not bothered about the race change. I am bothered that they change Psylocke's nationality - it's part of her characterisation.

Physically, Psylocke is best known for her Asian appearance.

Nell2ThaIzzay said:
Physically, Psylocke is best known for her Asian appearance.

I meant more about her accent. She looked good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"