Bond Forum?

A Necessary Evil

One. Bad. Day.
Reaction score
Is it possible, seeing as we have a SW and ST thread, we could have a Bond thread? I mean, it's like both the previously mentioned threads, he's no superhero but he's got fantastical elements, along with previous and upcoming movies, along with a novel section.

Also we need LOTR/Hobbit forums as well.

People, stop fighting this. Change has come to the Hype. No longer are we shackled by the chains of comic book oppression. We have broken free from the tyranny of Marvel and DC. We have GI Joe, Transformers, Star Wars and now Trek. The Hype has changed. It has evolved beyond comic book movies. Bond deserves his place here. He has earned it. Embrace change. Embrace evolution.

I think you overestimate the creation of the Star Trek forum as some all-encompassing "time has started over on itself" revolution.

Everything anyone suggests is not going to get its own forum.

I think you overestimate the creation of the Star Trek forum as some all-encompassing "time has started over on itself" revolution.

I think you underestimate my power.

People, stop fighting this. Change has come to the Hype. No longer are we shackled by the chains of comic book oppression. We have broken free from the tyranny of Marvel and DC. We have GI Joe, Transformers, Star Wars and now Trek. The Hype has changed. It has evolved beyond comic book movies. Bond deserves his place here. He has earned it. Embrace change. Embrace evolution.

The hype is yours, do as you please!

I'm not asking for everything I love to get a forum. If I did, this place would be hella overrun by Jurassic Park, 007, Harry Potter, LOTR, Breaking Bad, and etc; so forth. I just want a 007 forum.:csad:

I think you underestimate my power.

o_darthvader.jpg

evolution002ge8.jpg

So...what's the new name of the Hype going to be?

:applaud

I'm almost tempted to sig part of this.

Can we also have a Tron forum, a Pokemon forum, a Warhammer forum, a Halo forum, a D&D forum, Magic the Gathering forum, LOST forum, Lion King forum and a Girl Next Door forum?

Hmmm...ComingSoon must join us...assimilation is the only way.:twisted:
So The Borg has been behind this insidious plot the entire time. So that makes Picardo Sisko...

THE BORG QUEEN! :argh:

So The Borg has been behind this insidious plot the entire time. So that makes Picardo Sisko...

THE BORG QUEEN! :argh:

She is the beginning. The end. The one who is many. The Borg.

Okay, let me make a compelling argument for James Bond.

One word: Bond. Another: 007. Both are synonymous with the character James Bond as well as multiple cultures and pop culture lexicons. To say that something is "Bond" has taken on it's own meaning, from the Bond girl, to the Bond villain, to the Bond gadgets (well to more the pre-Craig era than today).

James Bond is a character that has gone through 37 licensed books and novels, 23 movies, and is going on 60 years since his creation, has had 50+ years of ongoing continuous movies with only 6 years being the biggest difference. He's a character that has spanned across multiple generations affecting multiple generations, causing debates among on fans of not only what the best Bond movie is, but other debates like best song, best villain, best henchmen, quote, Bond girl, Bond stunt, among other countless other debates that can not just be discussed in one thread.

There was a time in which a third of the Misc. Films 1st page was filled with Bond threads, not to mention that Bond also once did have a section here that, according to others, was pretty popular. It has been done before. It has been done before, so I do not think there's particularly a negative for it coming back.

You may say, Bond is not a superhero, and in the most traditional, straightforward way to you are right. Bond is only human, and has no secret identity or superpowers. But if you look deeper, Bond is a superhero at heart, whose over-the-top adventures and narrow escapes against larger than life villains and situations put him in the argument. Not to mention his various gadgets that also in a way made him more like a superhero. He has saved the world on film as many times as Superman, Batman, and the Marvel Cinematic Universe combined.

Bond has also influenced many different franchises and filmmakers in many ways. Among Christopher Nolan's biggest influences are the Bond movies (No Bond movies no Nolan Batman trilogy :o:oldrazz: kidding!), not to mention the various amounts of tropes it inspired. In a continuous franchises that has gone on through the sixties, I consider it an amazing achievement that a franchise has remained high profile for so long through these decades, among the changes in the pop culture zeitgeist and movie/novel tastes. I mean, can you name a franchise or series that has had broken records and had significant Box Office not only in today's movie landscape, but also the 60s?

I will not use the other examples such as other non-superhero related properties getting forums or saying if it deserves more than any forum because I am not in a position where I can say that a certain forum deserves to be here more than any other forum. I'm just here to present with facts and my personal opinion on the matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"