Bond Girl Rumors Begin Anew

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/772/772170p1.html

Producers reportedly eyeing Candy girl.
by Stax

US, March 12, 2007 - After a brief respite, the Bond movie rumor mill is back in action and churning out new casting rumors. Australian actress Abbie Cornish is being linked with the Bond girl role in the next James Bond movie.

Cornish is reportedly at "the top of a shortlist of contenders" to be 007's next conquest, er, love interest, according to Aussie mag New Idea.

Citing an unnamed insider at Bond studio MGM, the source tells New Idea, "Abbie is perfect because she is not familiar to film audiences, but at the same time people have become intrigued by her. She may not have enjoyed being caught up in a scandal at the time but it certainly helped her profile."

The scandal in question suggests that Cornish had an affair with her Stop Loss co-star Ryan Phillippe, which led to his divorce from Reese Witherspoon.

abbiecornish21173724665vw5.jpg

Abbie Cornish in Somersault.

The magazine adds that Cornish, 24, is expected to fly to Singapore to meet with Bond producers Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson. If true then does that mean Bond 22 is scouting locations in Singapore?

Cornish -- who bears a resemblance to British actress Sienna Miller, an oft-rumored Bond girl contender and Daniel Craig's reported favorite for the role -- has won raves for her role opposite Heath Ledger in Candy.

Her other credits include A Good Year, the upcoming The Golden Age, opposite Cate Blanchett and Clive Owen, and Somersault, opposite one-time Bond contender-turned-Avatar star Sam Worthington.

She looks like Charlize Theron in that pic above.

She'd be fantastic, hope it pans out. She was so perfect in her role for 'Candy'. :up:

May work, but it'll be tough to top Eva Green. I think thats what they should look for. Like in Thunderball, they followed up ***** Galore with two of the hottest Bond Girls EVER.

May work, but it'll be tough to top Eva Green. I think thats what they should look for. Like in Thunderball, they followed up ***** Galore with two of the hottest Bond Girls EVER.
o yah the girl in thunderball was off the chain!!!! i dont like this chick though, not a fan on the 2 massive moley moley moleys on her face

she looks okay. i haven't her seen her act but lookswise, i wouldn't consider her Bond material. she looks kinda plain...

...but then again so does Eva Green w/out makeup. maybe the producers are going for good looking plain Jane's for the next batch of Bond chicks.

she looks okay. i haven't her seen her act but lookswise, i wouldn't consider her Bond material. she looks kinda plain...

...but then again so does Eva Green w/out makeup. maybe the producers are going for good looking plain Jane's for the next batch of Bond chicks.
personally i find Eva Green much more attractive w/out makeup

Eva looked amazing in that short bathroom scene when she was about to put on makeup. Shame they uglied her up the rest of the movie. :down

o yah the girl in thunderball was off the chain!!!!

The producers mission in Thunderball was to top everything in Goldfinger. They didn't EXCEPT for the Bond girls. I'm talking look-wise that is! ***** Galore is still the best character but she wasn't the hottest one.

Agreed!

oh i agree. i don't like the dark look around her eyes but i will admit it made her look more like a Bond girl. although she's very pretty w/out makeup...it's the plain jane kind of beauty she has.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"