Jinx Spin-Off?

BobJM

Uncle Charlie
Reaction score
What do you think about the once-in-production, Bond girl spin-off? Would you have been happy? Would you have seen it? Liked the idea, not the character?

I honestly would have loved to see what Halle Berry would have done if she had a little more room to stretch. She's a great actress and has done wonders on screen. It would have been a milestone in Bond history for her character to get a spin-off. The producers have always said that they envisioned Jinx and James as two spy movies clashing. A cross-over, if you will. I would have loved to see Jinx's past fleshed out a bit more as well as her ongoing adventures in USA. She, to me, is definitely the female Bond and will be the only Bond girl worthy (to date) to get her own spin-off series.

I would have liked a spin-off of ***** Galore, but Jinx just sucks. It's pretty obvious they were going to do that movie just to shut up Berry's whining mouth.

The Jinx spin-off movie project was fueled by Halle Berry's ego and the producers's arrogance. There is nothing spin-off worthy in her character. Halle Berry played very badly a very bad character, probably the worst Bond girl ever. Jinx had no presence whatsoever, she had no credibility as a spy, let alone a professionnal killer, she had terrible one liners and no personnality or psychology. She was a gimmick, not a character, and you don't make a movie out of a gimmick, let alone a franchise. Oh, and the female-Bond equivalent is just a stupid concept. Bond has no equal.

BoBByJoMo said:
What do you think about the once-in-production, Bond girl spin-off? Would you have been happy? Would you have seen it? Liked the idea, not the character?

I honestly would have loved to see what Halle Berry would have done if she had a little more room to stretch. She's a great actress and has done wonders on screen. It would have been a milestone in Bond history for her character to get a spin-off. The producers have always said that they envisioned Jinx and James as two spy movies clashing. A cross-over, if you will. I would have loved to see Jinx's past fleshed out a bit more as well as her ongoing adventures in USA. She, to me, is definitely the female Bond and will be the only Bond girl worthy (to date) to get her own spin-off series.
i think it actually wouldve been interesting to see two spy movies whose main characters would cross paths periodically. she couldnt be too much like james bond, she needs her own identity. but i think they shot down that possibility with bond nailing jinx in the end. it takes away from that spy vs. spy competition they couldve had.

The thing is, Jinx had no identity to begin with, she was just a gimmick. She is the most hated Bond girl in the history of the franchise! Hardly franchise material.

I liked the character. And I would not say that she is the most hated Bond Girl of all. Maybe it's just because I grew up with Goldeneye and Pierce Brosnan, but Halle Berry did not have a terrible performance. And besides I disliked Wai Lin and Christmas Jones much more than Jinx.

BoBByJoMo said:
I liked the character. And I would not say that she is the most hated Bond Girl of all. Maybe it's just because I grew up with Goldeneye and Pierce Brosnan, but Halle Berry did not have a terrible performance. And besides I disliked Wai Lin and Christmas Jones much more than Jinx.

Among the fans, I am pretty sure she is probably the most hated Bond girl since Mary Goodnight. Jinx was everything Christmas Jones was, only moreso. Dumber, more irritating, more useless.

BoBByJoMo said:

Wai Lin was everything Jinx wanted to be, but wasn't even close to.

It would've been a devastating disaster...the worst idea ever made by the Bond producers (and this is coming from someone who liked DAD).

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Rosamund Pike whas much better as Miranda Frost then Hall as Jinx and Die Another Day whas here first movie.

The idea of a Jinx movie is one of the elements that Pierce don´t comingback or that we get the movie earlyer.

Miranda frost was also pretty bad, her motivations were flimsy at best and she was a bit too young for Brosnan. But she was still better than the gimmick that was Jinx.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"