Boondocks

and the autistic kid got all the endorcements and the hoes(as riley would say).

huey didnt have much to say this episode but the next on huey and riley will be left at home together while granddad's on vacation. pure comedic gold. i believe there will be a fight scene arranged:)

but in the episode with luna i thought it was funny when they had kung fu sounds play when anyone said kumite.

I'm glad Thugnificent is a main character, the dude is much better to have around than that ass Ruckus.

I'm glad I'm not the only one tired of Ruckus.

ruckus gets old sometimes, you wish someone would just shake him and say "you black too so deal"

I wish they'd just kill off Ruckus or leave him out of a few episodes. It gets old to see him constantly talking about black people.

Atleast he finally
got beat up in the "hurricane Katrina episode. Though he still wouldn't shut up.

granddad's cousin kicked the crap out of him, granddad was just staring with his mouth open.

I love Ruckus. That's a really important character as it embodies the self-hate, color-struck mentalities of a lot of black people. It's exaggerated, sort of. There are blacks that really do talk say crap like that, some don't, but still disrespect themselves constantly. Ruckus makes possibly one of the biggest statements about the mental state of black americans.

im black and i dont act like ruckus, some blacks may behave like that but the majority take pride in themselves and their race, if anything ruckus is their to show the detrimental effects that slavery and the jim crowe laws had on some blacks and how the new generation like huey have to figure out away to get beyond the awful history their ancestors had.

I never said all black people acted like that. But growing up, espescially as a light-skinned kid, that was like all I saw. The darker people in my family, not to say that all weren't proud of who they were...just some, used to always make comments about light-skinned kids have pretty babies and crap like that. And then talking trash about their own appearance. It was ridiculous. I can't agree that most black people take pride in themselves or that most don't. We can't just go and invent statistics.

I do agree that the Jim Crow laws and Black Codes did have a serious effect. And I'm sure those events play a major role in the characterization of Ruckus. Those events play a major role in that characteristics of any black from that time.

New episode of Boondocks is up. lol Catcher Freeman. :grin:

I'm ridiculously attracted to light-skinned Black girls...I don't like calling them that, but that's the best way to describe 'em for this situation... :p

But anyway, I'm watching Catcher Freeman now...I'm interested in these voice actors. I can hear Charlie Murphy and Donald Faison.

-TNC

well i guess i'm out the running then im definately not light skinned :(. lol:)

oh yeah catcher freeman was funny though ruckus's bit was quite disturbing.........

I'm ridiculously attracted to light-skinned Black girls...I don't like calling them that, but that's the best way to describe 'em for this situation... :p

But anyway, I'm watching Catcher Freeman now...I'm interested in these voice actors. I can hear Charlie Murphy and Donald Faison.

-TNC

Why? It's nothing wrong with it.
And glad you're enjoying the show.:up:

oh yeah catcher freeman was funny though ruckus's bit was quite disturbing.........

I found it funny. The way he described it made it seem like white people were the slaves. The whole time I was going,"wtf? lol."

the slave owner in ruckus's version was like "i didnt want to do this but you guys are going to have a time out" and the slaves were like "****"

but catcher freeman was much cooler in granddad's version.

the slave owner in ruckus's version was like "i didnt want to do this but you guys are going to have a time out" and the slaves were like "****"

but catcher freeman was much cooler in granddad's version.

Agreed. I found it funny, that in the end Catcher Freeman ended up being that same light skinned guy who was a suck up to the slave master. I didn't see that coming.:woot:

that was unexpected and he was the master's son.......that was really unexpected

but when the slaves are rebeling and he's trying to save the master so his script could get published but misses and he then acts like he meant to...that was pretty funny.

I wish that the real story was closer to what Robert had said.

I think this show is great. Anyone that wouldn't be too offended by taking racial and social stereotypes and wrapping it around actual serious issues and events going on today would totally dig it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"