Bought/Thought 12/12/12 "Dying Young in the Marvel U" edition *SPOILERS*

Fantastic Four #2
Kinda felt it was rehash of FF #1 in some ways. I still enjoyed it, but between Fantastic Four and FF, leaving felt like forever, which is a drag because we all know the family ain't coming back anytime soon.

The Amazing Spider-Man 699.1
Like it's been said, this was just a #0 issue for Morbius. I enjoyed the issue though, but I won't pick up Morbius #1.

Army of Darkness #7
First few issues hand a good storyline going, then there was a massive gap with a whole other storyline, but now it's returned to the first story which had a neat set-up for things to come.

Iron man #4
I really didn't like this issue - which is surprising because I LOVED issue #3 - mainly the story didn't quite make sense to me.

Batman & Robin #15
This was a fun issue in terms of visuals. Joker playing around with his sagging face was hilarious and gross. I loved the interacting between Joker and Robin.

Deadpool #3
Another fun issue with the Pool. My AR app didn't work for the cover :(

TMNT 12 & 17
The latest issue brought on a new artist, Ben Bates. I thought the artwork was pretty solid, except how he draws female faces. This issue was a nice set-up for the next story.
Also caught up with issue 12. Turtles V Shredder was badass.

Batman #15
This issue had a great beginning, but sorta dragged when everyone was on Batman's case. Leave him alone *****es.

All New X-Men #2
Caught up with issue #2. I was expecting more shock value and interacting. Still a fun issue, and beside, I LOVE time travel.

I really liked X-STATIX. That was a great satirical comic. It seems strange that Marvel even put that title out. I don't think they would do a title like that these days.

X-STATIX was one of those titles done during the first few years of the Joe Quesada tenure when Marvel was right out of bankruptcy and there was a sense of nothing to lose, so they took some risks. Since the Disney purchase, they're more corporate than ever.

I wonder if one day soon Marvel is going to do a mass cull of Avengers titles like they did when they thought there was too many X-Men titles?

I wish Marvel would do a half and half title with Young Avengers and The Runaways. Half an issue in one book with a good creative team on each title.

The funny thing about the "culling of X-Men titles" is that going back at least to the late 90's, it's always baloney. For every one X-title that is canceled, two more seem to replace it. Or at least each one is replaced with something else X eventually.

Marvel isn't able or willing to invest into a lot of newer franchises, unfortunately. They also claim they don't want to simply relaunch RUNAWAYS without there being a strong pitch premise, which would hold water if Marvel didn't simply relaunch a lot of titles without any rhyme or reason all the time.

Loved this issue, what are the chances of Reilly Brown getting the regular job on this?

I don't know. I prefer Reilly Brown to Khoi Pham easily. I hope he does do more work for the series.

I don't know. I prefer Reilly Brown to Khoi Pham easily. I hope he does do more work for the series.

Me too, there's something about Brown's style that will make me pick up any book he's on

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"