Bought Thought October 3rd

Calling people vaginas can be hurtful to less manlier men than I.

But, Corp. You ARE a vagina. I didn't mean it as disrespect. :confused:

Your time of the month, huh? It's okay buddy. You'll be all done in a few days.

Tsk. Really, you should just stop. Selleck and his manstache would be ashamed. :(

Selleck and his manstache are just fine. He thanks you for your concern. :up:

Some DC Thoughts:

Haven't done this for a while now:

Countdown #30: These Countdown books are all well and good; but, I feel like it's all just months and months of filler. Like Exiles (though, not anywhere near as good) we have Donna, Jason, Bob, and Kyle trying to find Ray Palmer through alternate Earths; we have Jimmy Olsen trying to find out why he's gotten these strange powers; we have Piper and Trickster running from various heroes and villians, kind of just visiting various events happening throughout the DC Universe; Karate Kid is trying to find out why he's slowly dying; and, (not in this issue, though) Mary Marvel is kind of an evil version of herself (something all female heroes seem to have to go through nowadays, with a black costume, natch).

Countdown isn't a book readers really have to pick up week after week to understand what's going on. Pretty much all of the scenarios above have been happening since issue #50, and those stories really haven't developed at all. Thus, it's all filler. It's as if the writers know the beginning and end to each storyline, and now they just kind of have to drag everything out until Countdown reaches it's conclusion. 7/10

Detective Comics #837: Another Batman issue devoted to The Riddler and showing how he's gone legit; but, this time it's a tie-in with Countdown by showing Harley Quinn's new direction. It's another Detective stand-alone issue, and I'm more waiting for the next big Batman event starting next issue. 7/10

Green Lantern Corps #16: This has been a fun event; and, with the first rule of the book of Oa being re-written, we finally see the tides turning. Maybe the best scene yet is the moment the lanterns realize that they can use lethal force, and they do. There are some things that do suck about "The Sinestro Corps War;" such, as knowing all these events are actually happening in the past of Countdown, and that Kyle and Earth will not really be hurt in any real way. But, it's definitely the best Green Lantern story in quite a long, long while. 9/10

The Search For Ray Palmer: Crime Society #1: Well, nothing new in the search for Ray Palmer; in fact, this issue is a bit behind the current events in Countdown. Instead, we get the origin of Jokerster from Earth 3 (I really like how DC is letting readers know which Earth is which by having on the cover in two merging Earths). Like with many of DC's Countdown tie-in's, this is just more filler; but, it's filler I enjoyed. 8/10

Supergirl #22: How great to finally get a decent writer on Supergirl. This issue and the last tie-in with Karate Kid and Una's adventures in Countdown, and they also tie-in Supergirl's adventures in Legion of Superheroes. While this isn't the best issue you might read, it's hands down Shakespeare compared to the crap that was coming out of this title before. 7/10

Tales of the Sinestro Corps - Cyborg Superman #1: Finally, an issue that goes beyond just filler. While we get the origin of Cyborg, this issue also shows us the beginning of Sinestro Corp's war on Earth. Plus, it gives us an issues worth of Cyborg's perspective on the events from his life. Good issue. 8/10

All-New Atom #16: Last issues disappointment of plucking Ryan Choi out of the search for Ray Palmer was kind of still lingering when I started to read this issue. After all, it seemed to make more sense to help with sales of the new Atom title by linking it with Countdown; but, after finishing this issue and reading all of the other tie-ins, I'm kind of happy to have a story independant of everything else happening in the DCU. Plus, this stand-alone story of Ryan's town being turned back into the 60's was kind of reminiscent of comics I used to read back in the 80's. 8/10

Yeah, the difference being, he didn't snap. He put on his costume and killed these ****ers and then picked a flower off the ground and walked away. The reason behind the massacre, is that these guys robbed a bank, killed some people inside, and pushed an old bag lady down in the escape. She hit her head on the curb and died. Before hand, she had run into Logan, who was just out for a stroll, and given him a flower. It's basically Logan "avenging" the old lady's death.

I forgot to mention on scene in which he hides under someone's bed all day, waiting for them to come home, before popping his claws through the bed as they lie down to go to sleep.

back then wolverine was cool, now he's just .....in every book.:csad:

I'm still on the fence about that. Has it been referenced anywhere yet?

I had always assumed that Punisher MAX was out of continuity but recently in the "Civil War Battle Damage" Stark is going over Castle's file and makes reference to:

1/ Frank taking down a slavery ring that had ties with the NYPD and

2/ The anti-punisher inititiative

Both of these are references from the Punisher Max arc the "Slavers"......

I guess it's a sweeping retcon, then. Maybe we're just supposed to assume that Frank looked like he does in PWJ for all the arcs in the MAX series where he looks significantly older.

Or it's simply a matter of "that's the way the artists choose to draw him." I mean, he is a Vietnam Vet, and that has never been taken out of continuity.

It's been erased in the sense that Frank is a war veteran, but they rarely mention which war anymore. Born mentions Vietnam in detail, but that was the MAX origin back when the MAX comic was separate from the 616 continuity. If Marvel's fudging dates out of TPBs and stuff, I can't imagine they'd still hold fast to the Vietnam War as the specific war that Frank was in.

Does it really matter that much? Both books are completely enjoyable in their own right.

It matters for the shared continuity. I like to know what's in and what's out of continuity. Ultimately, since it's the Punisher, I don't really care too much. But it'd still be nice to know for sure.

It matters for the shared continuity. I like to know what's in and what's out of continuity. Ultimately, since it's the Punisher, I don't really care too much. But it'd still be nice to know for sure.

Well, according to Marvel you do know for sure. It's in continuity. The main difference is that you'll never see superhero/villians show up in the MAX book's stories.

It works for me as long as Frank's a veteran of "some war," not "the Vietnam War." Anubis' assumption that he's a Vietnam vet is what sparked this whole round of continuity mumbo-jumbo.

On a sliding time scale, lots of details like that either get swept under the rug or changed. It doesn't bother me much much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"