Box Office Predictions

300 million plus . Hopefully it beats the overhyped Harry Potter and Pirates.

Unfortunatley Transformers really doesn't apeal to that big of a demographic. Older audiences and females don't seem that interested. And young males really don't go see movies multiple times it seems.

But who knows. I doubt it will beat Harry Potter, with the final book coming out as well, there is much more hype for Harry potter. I work at a movie theater and we have already sold out three midnight showings for Harry Potter and only one of the four advanced screenings we had yesterday sold out for Transformers. I know it was a monday and most people still think it comes out on the fourth but basically I agree with whoever said this movies will have to have legs to survive.

Like stated before, Sequels are usualy more front heavy so I expect Transformers to stick around for a while and do consistant but moderate business. It still won't beat any of the major sequels though.

http://www.comingsoon.net/blog/2007/07/transformers_sets_new_tuesday.php

After making over $8 million in Monday preview screenings, Paramount/DreamWorks' Transformers brought in $27.4 million in its first full day according to estimates, easily setting a new Tuesday box office record over Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest's $15.7 million made last year. It has grossed an impressive $36.3 million in just 28 hours.

The Warner Bros. comedy License to Wed made a less than spectacular $2.2 million its opening day, and though it shouldn't be nearly as frontloaded as the fan favorite summer popcorn flick, the abysmal reviews for the movie probably won't help it do very well over the weekend. It's probably looking to make around $15 million in its first six days.

After a soft opening weekend, Disney/Pixar's Ratatouille has held up over the last two weekdays making more than $7.5 million each day and bringing its gross to $61.8 million in five days.

Bruce Willis' Live Free or Die Hard continues to make over $4.4 million each day despite being hit worse by the release of Transformers.

Check back tomorrow for further updates on the 4th of July box office.

Unfortunatley Transformers really doesn't apeal to that big of a demographic. Older audiences and females don't seem that interested. And young males really don't go see movies multiple times it seems.

Every female I've talked about this movie has wound up surprised that they liked it.

Transformers will be considered a success if it does 200+ million where as Harry Potter will be considered a success if it does 250+ million. Harry Potter has a larger demographic cause it includes women and younger children. Transformers will benefit from repeat viewings I suppose and will do well worldwide. Either way Transformers is a guaranteed hit and will spawn at least 2 sequels. That's all I could ask for. My guess is that Transformers will beat the next Superman movie to the gate.

Every female I've talked about this movie has wound up surprised that they liked it.

Actually there were plenty of women yesterday. It surprised me, since alot of the ones I saw were disinterested or bad mouthing it on monday night. Guess you can't really make generalizations. Still though, the demographic is primarily younger males.

But the box office take is looking great. A new franchise is born for sure.

If it were not for the release dates Transformers and Potter wouldn't really be in direct competition, since they cater to really different crowds. But Transformers is getting something that most movies this summer have not gotten, and that is great word of mouth. But to be fair, Transformers really only had to be awesome in order to succeed. And it was.

this aint da box office thread yall...

The studio was lucky to get the fourth of July date on a day of the week that´s pretty unusual - or was unusual till recently - for movie releases. It´s not THAT hard to break the record that way. Sure the movie´s very hyped and seems to be heading to be a big hit, but don´t overestimate it.

....come on ita; this will get 250 hopefully but 300 is pushing it.

Hey Excel, are you still sticking by this? It's a guarantee that Transformers will break $250 at this point, and I am still sticking by my guess of $308. I'll bet it'll probably do a little more than that.

tviceman said:
6/27/07 Transformers will beat Harry Potter domestically, but Harry Potter will soundly beat Transformers in world wide sales.

Transformers = $308 million domestic. That's my final answer, and I'm sticking to it.

how much before bay considers a sequel cause you know they will

how much before bay considers a sequel cause you know they will

I thought the movie was fun, but I hope they have a different director for the sequel. I want less cut-away shots and more character development (particularly starscream and megatron).

well,i hope they address the character development issue in the sequel. megatron and starscream are definitely two of the interesting characters I believe.

well,i hope they address the character development issue in the sequel. megatron and starscream are definitely two of the interesting characters I believe.

there needs to be more decepticon development on the whole. There were very few bad guys we got to know at all.

I want a different director as well. Bay did a great job, but there would have to be more story and character for a sequel to survive. Up the action as well obviously, but cannot rely as heavily on it.

I thought the movie was fun, but I hope they have a different director for the sequel. I want less cut-away shots and more character development (particularly starscream and megatron).

Megatron has to be in the sequel. Starscream will definitely be in it. I'm also hoping to see Thundercracker, soundwave, and possibly Blitzwing or Astrotrain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"