The Outrageous Box Office/Oscar Predictions Thread (Good AND Bad)

Cth

Sidekick
Reaction score
I thought it might be interesting to collect some of the more.. fervent predictions for the box office from around the internet.

Let's be honest, you've got two extreme groups operating at the moment.. the overly pleased fans who are predicting TF will rival Titanic, and on the opposite side, the pessimistic cynics who say it won't make more than $100 million it's entire run.

So, while you're out there on the web, and you see one of these predictions, post a copy here.

It doesn't have to be final numbers, just any outrageous predictions you find.

point zero said:
It's not going to be huge like that, at all. It'll make 100-150 million in its whole theatrical run.

I'm going to say right now, $300-350 million.

650 million globally. Noms. for sound and special effects in the oscars.

From a poster at shoot for edit:

Yes it's true!!! 112,2 million dollars WorldWide!!! That's insane!!!

North America
Monday, July 2 -> 8,8 million
Tuesday, July 3 -> 27,5
Wednesday, July 4 -> 29,9!!

Overseas
36,253,961 dollars as of July 1.

Monday, July 2 -> $4,599,459
Tuesday, July 3 -> $5,259,790 (+14,36%!!!)

It's 46,076,836 dollars overseas and 66,2 million dollars in North America!! It's going to have 260 million dollars worldwide by Monday!!

Holy ****!!! It's going to the biggest American movie in Asia in history!!! In South Korea some shows on saturday are already sold out!!!

http://www.shootfortheedit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2095&sid=214bdc72695a0b9602eb12cc6b251658

No idea but biggest movie this summer is a given.

Ok, I guess I didn't describe it well enough :)

There's other threads for what YOU think it'll make.

This one is for some of the weirdest predictions you've seen on other boards around the internet.

This movie will make more money than Titanic! Twice it's BO! Is that crazy enough!?

Whatever the case, this movie deserves to be the largest draw of the summer and 2007. And the shear originality of the digital effects should lock it for the Oscars.

I enjoyed this movie enough to be believe it deserves to join the "elite" $400 million club....we'll see.

Heh, some more..

Radier Gummi said:
Opening Weekend $34,000,000
Domestic Total $104,000,000

Bad WOM and bad reviews will kill this.

lancer1997 said:
This film will bomb,

Less than $100 million.

PatrickvD said:
I don't see this movie doing very well.. every summer has this movie that is just hyped for no reason and severely underperforms. That kind of movie studio executives hope the audience confuses for a real blockbuster.

36/97

TheVampireInterviewee said:
This crap will get 180 million tops. Listen Kal-El, we all know you're a virgin who lives with his mom, so cut the crap already. I promise that I will dress up in a pink tutu with a sombrero, and a rubber duck floatie around my waist, and walk around Downtown yelling "I'm a pretty pony" for 3 hours if this junk passes 180 million. Quote me on that.

Silly McGooses said:
There's no way this can do well domestically. I doubt it will even crack $100 million. This is just too niche and geeky, 99% of the population, even if it looks good, will be too damn embarassed to see a Transformers movie in the theater.

YoYoRedman14 said:
A sequel to Underworld will probably not even be the biggest film of the week of its release let alone the next several years!

As for Transformers if done well I would think it would do 150m. It's a pretty silly concept and it has no appeal to females or the adult moviegoing audience however a lot of families might check it out and teenagers.

lol, im hearing that they are thinking it will hit at least 140 million by sunday. all these people are tards that dont know much about the box office. i got into a small argument on the spiderman 3 board in the thread about bof office predictions because they said this movie had "no chance" to get to 300 million. after it makes 140 million in the first 7 days, i think its got a very good chance to get to that mark, just like i told them.

I think fantasymoguls.com got a little too excited when they reviewed it and bumped up their original prediction considerably.

Steve Mason of fantasymoguls.com said:
FantasyMoguls.com Lowdown on Transformers
Original FantasyMoguls.com Projections for Transformers were for a 7.1 IMDb User Rating, $240 million in total domestic box office, 16 Top 5 points and 10 PTA points. Steve Mason's revised projections based on seeing the film and reviewing its tracking and updated release plan are as follows:
Box Office: $330 million
IMDb User Rating: 7.5
Top 5: 18 points
PTA: 7 points

http://news.fantasymoguls.com/originalcontent/2007/06/exclusive_early_4.html

I think their original prediction of $240 is much more realistic.

If TF rivaled Titanic, I'd s*** myself.

240?

The realistic range is 285-315 m at this point.

That would be astounding. But I'm no box office tracker...I'll leave that up to Excel. But I still think that Harry Potter will play a huge factor in whether Transformers will get near or break the 300 mil mark.

285 mil minimum. It deserves to be the top money maker of the year.

lancer1997 said:
No way.

Seen the preview before a movie 3 separate times, seen the exact same crowd reaction....

"Ugh"

"Why"

"What the hell"

Not going to do well. I think it will barely cross $100 million at this point.

spderman said:
NeoQuaker said:
This is gonna be the worst movie ever lol.

I agree.

OW= 15M
domestic total= 38M

This guy runs a comic shop in town.. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"