Transformers Transformers competition of 2007 summer

CFlash said:
Agreed. But, from the looks of it, that's not happening. This movie seems more geared toward the GenY-and-younger crowd. The larger Gen-X fanbase who don't frequent these boards but have a very very deep and ingrained affinity towards Transformers will (from the looks of it) find very very little to relate to in this movie. It is (it seems) indeed Godzilla all over again.

*ahem*...Cullen and (possibly) Welker.

Saving grace? No.

Nostalgia bullet? Definitely.

nosebleed said:
*ahem*...Cullen and (possibly) Welker.

Saving grace? No.

Nostalgia bullet? Definitely.

Even Godzilla had his signature roar. TOHO insisted on it. Didn't save it from being total, smack-in-the-face of the spirit, craptitude.

CFlash said:
Even Godzilla had his signature roar. TOHO insisted on it. Didn't save it from being total, smack-in-the-face of the spirit, craptitude.
I think it would have been fine if they had just left out the whole egg laying thing. And had added Atomic Breath! I actually kinda liked the design.

Mal'Akai said:
I think it would have been fine if they had just left out the whole egg laying thing. And had added Atomic Breath! I actually kinda liked the design.

Yup. It would have shot up in the spectrum big time in my book if he had the nuke breath. I liked the design itself as well. I could have used a lot more ass-kicking-of-the-military..... that was always (I thought) at the heart of Godzilla.

In fact, being the hippie that I am, I'd like to see the Decepticons lay complete (complete!) waste to the military. No military victories at all. But, somehow, I don't think that's what Bay has in store for us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"