BoX Office Thread $

They aren't going to cancel it as its been announced and already started casting.

But was anyone clamoring for a Captain America movie starring Sam Wilson? Legacy characters aren't just going to attract more people compare to their predecessor.

*raises hand* I was definitely interested. . . though that interest cooled a lot after the actual execution of the concept in FatWS.

3rd Monday

AM&TW - 2.2M
Ant-Man - 1.8M
Eternals - 1.4M
Quantumania - 909k
3rd Tuesday

AM&TW - 3.3M
Ant-Man - 2.2M
Eternals - 1.6M
Quantumania - 1.3M

I think it might score around 6M for the weekend. So it has a slim chance it might clear 200M domestic by Monday but overall it does look like it’s going to do less than AM&TW final domestic total of 215M.

I think its got another 60% drop in it. I believe it can do it.

I think it might score around 6M for the weekend. So it has a slim chance it might clear 200M domestic by Monday but overall it does look like it’s going to do less than AM&TW final domestic total of 215M.

I'll be surprised if it's above $196 million by Monday. It's going to have to wait until the following weekend, imo. $200 million is inevitable. $205 million domestic looks like the ceiling.

Disney Being “Very Careful” With Star Wars Movie Development, CEO Bob Iger Says; Marvel Not “Inherently Off,” But “Do You Need A Third Or Fourth” Sequel For Every Character? – Deadline
Iger didn’t get specific, but his comments came less than three weeks after the release of Marvel Cinematic Universe entry Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania, the third Ant-Man film. It has grossed more than $600 million globally, but drew tepid response from critics and posted a 69% second-weekend drop in the U.S., the steepest by any MCU title to date.
2bc7e15a3e306aaebb297b76327213f2.gif

DOMESTIC (41.6%)
$189,335,211
INTERNATIONAL (58.4%)
$265,834,922
WORLDWIDE
$455,170,133

3rd Monday

AM&TW - 2.2M
Ant-Man - 1.8M
Eternals - 1.4M
Quantumania - 909k

3rd Tuesday

AM&TW - 3.3M
Ant-Man - 2.2M
Eternals - 1.6M
Quantumania - 1.3M
3rd Wednesday

AM&TW - 2.2M
Eternals - 1.9M
Ant-Man - 1.6M
Quantumania - 870k

Also, coming in below Cocaine Bear all this week. So, you know, thats fun.

I am not confident but if it’s final domestic can match that of Antman 2 there is a silver lining—Antman 2 was sandwiched by the two of the biggest gross films ever in the same connected ecosystem, released in summer, had relatively good critics and audience reviews, came out before D+ and little or none CBM fatigue. Quantumania has none of these, might be helped be ticket price inflation and 3D. The biggest selling point is the next big bad which people are not warmed up to yet (if they will).

I am not confident but if it’s final domestic can match that of Antman 2 there is a silver lining—Antman 2 was sandwiched by the two of the biggest gross films ever in the same connected ecosystem, released in summer, had relatively good critics and audience reviews, came out before D+ and little or none CBM fatigue. Quantumania has none of these, might be helped be ticket price inflation and 3D. The biggest selling point is the next big bad which people are not warmed up to yet (if they will).

I'll be surprised if Quantummania gets much beyond $205 million domestic at this point. It would take a remarkable recovery at the box office for it to get to $216 million. Especially with home video pressure building up.

Also, coming in below Cocaine Bear all this week. So, you know, thats fun.

I expect that kid friendly matinees will be the difference again. But, if not, I think that's going to be yet another nail in the disappointment discussion.

3rd Monday

AM&TW - 2.2M
Ant-Man - 1.8M
Eternals - 1.4M
Quantumania - 909k

3rd Tuesday

AM&TW - 3.3M
Ant-Man - 2.2M
Eternals - 1.6M
Quantumania - 1.3M

3rd Wednesday

AM&TW - 2.2M
Eternals - 1.9M
Ant-Man - 1.6M
Quantumania - 870k

4th thursday

AM&TW - 1.8M
Ant-Man - 1.5M
Eternals - 1.6M
Quantumania - 772k

4th friday

Eternals - 3M
AM&TW - 2.5M
Ant-Man - 2.2M
Quantumania - 1.8M

Weather also didn't prevent Cocaine Bear and Jesus Revolution from overperforming expectations.
Well ,if weather prevented a movie called Cocaine Bear from being successful, marketing would have a problem.

DEADLINE
Fourth is the fourth weekend of Disney/Marvel Studios’ Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania with $7M at 3,105 theaters, -45%, after a $1.8M Friday, and a running total of $198M by EOD Sunday.

4th weekend

AM&TW - 8.7M
Eternals - 7.9M
Ant-Man - 7.9M
Quantumania - ???

Still think it's going to be closer to 6M than anything else.

. The biggest selling point is the next big bad which people are not warmed up to yet (if they will).

This is the biggest issue Disney have with the failure of Quantumania moving forward. Okay, a bad film underperforming is one thing - it happens to the best of them - but a bad film underperforming that's supposed to be the launch pad for your next Thanos? That's an issue. This is the first time a vast majority of the audience will have been exposed to Kang, and if the general consensus is a poor one, then it's going to affect things moving forward. If you're overarching villain is bad, then selling the over arching story is going to be a problem.

Yeah and Kang is included in the title of the neXt Avengers, and the writer of Quantumania is already returning for that movie... like okay.

it would also be a risk marketing that as a Kang movie. This is not a good time for Marvel Studios.

Honestly, I think they should just scrap the Kang Dynasty movie, and just go right into Secret Wars Part 1 and 2.

Quantummania sits at $198.1 million domestic after its fourth weekend. It ought to hit the $200 million domestic mark by Friday at the latest.

Some better than expected weekdays, is School Spring Break happening now, and Quantummania passed $200 million at the domestic box office on Tuesday. We'll see how much gas is left in the tank after Shazam 2 opens this weekend.

Likely to bow out around $210m domestic (could miss 2x leg) $470m WW, which would make the tail end of top 10 in last year BO gross. But given the stronger lineups this year, it will probably be outside of 2023 top 10 either domestic or WW.

At least it made it over $200m (at a snail’s pace).

At least it made it over $200m (at a snail’s pace).
Despite this, its still the #1 highest grossing film in North America until Guardians of the GalaXy Volume 3. Unless John Wick 4 outgrosses Quantumania.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"