Boy 16, Executes Father's Killer

Erzengel

|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|
Reaction score
He went all Don Vito Corleone on his ass. :eek:
A Somali has stabbed to death his father's killer in a public execution ordered by an Islamic court.

Large crowds gathered at a Koranic school in Somalia's capital, Mogadishu, to watch Mohamed Moallim, stab Omar Hussein in the head and throat.

Hussein was convicted of killing Mohamed's father, Sheikh Osman Moallim, after a row about his education.

Islamic courts have brought a semblance of order to Mogadishu, imposing Sharia law after years of rule by warlords.

However there is some opposition to the courts. A group of warlords has been fighting a militia loyal to the Islamic courts, which they accuse of links to al-Qaeda.

Under Sharia law those who commit murder are punishable by death.

Keeping the peace
Hussein was tied to a stake and had his head covered by a bag ahead of his execution.
He shouted "There is no God but Allah" as Mohamed Moallim stepped up to take his revenge.
Speaking afterwards, Mohamed said he felt satisfied that Hussein was dead.

"I am happy now because I killed the man who killed my father," he told the Reuters news agency.

The execution marked the first time the local court in the Bermuda district of Mogadishu had handed down a death penalty, local media reported.

Residents in the nearby area have reported a drop in robberies, murder and general lawlessness since the court began its work, Radio HornAfrik said. There has been no effective central government in Somalia for 15 years, leaving warlords to fight for control of local areas.

Elijya said:
that's messed up

it is messed up but if someone killed one of your loved ones, wouldn't you like to be able to take some action like that and have it sanctioned by the courts?

I'd have pulled the hood off and looked him in the eye while I did it. I'm a sick bastard.

While he may have deserved it, this isn't the dark ages anymore, and much of the Islamic world seems to not understand that.

KingOfDreams said:
While he may have deserved it, this isn't the dark ages anymore, and much of the Islamic world seems to not understand that.

Old fads always come back in style:o

My name is Enigo Montoya you killed my father now prepare to die

PIC_088.jpg

AJ Soprano tried to pull a Michael Corleone this last episode.. I guess everyone wants a piece of the godfather in 06.

Strange said:
it is messed up but if someone killed one of your loved ones, wouldn't you like to be able to take some action like that and have it sanctioned by the courts?
Not an easy question, I'll admit. It would probably depend on the circumstances.

What is it with people named Hussein, anyway?

jag

jaguarr said:

jag
Racist!

Also...

The guilty must be punished. :unishr:

jaguarr said:

jag
it's probably the arab equivalent of "Johnson" or "Smith"

according to wikipedia: Hussein (also spelled Husayn and Husain) is a common Middle Eastern name especially among Shiite Muslims, because of the popularity of Hussein bin Ali, the grandson of Muhammad and the Shi'ites' third Imam.

Elijya said:
it's probably the arab equivalent of "Johnson" or "Smith"

according to wikipedia: Hussein (also spelled Husayn and Husain) is a common Middle Eastern name especially among Shiite Muslims, because of the popularity of Hussein bin Ali, the grandson of Muhammad and the Shi'ites' third Imam.

It was a joke, Captain Literal. :)

jag

Hey, I like it..eye for an eye. Especially since his father was murdered.

This reminded me of that case a few years back where this father killed his son's rapists and the court only gavethe father probation.

jaguarr said:
It was a joke, Captain Literal. :)

jag
Well now you know anyway. And knowing anyway is half the battle.

Son Of Logan said:
I'd have pulled the hood off and looked him in the eye while I did it. I'm a sick bastard.
whoah, high plains drifter

NHawk19 said:
My name is Enigo Montoya you killed my father now prepare to die

PIC_088.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

You beat me to it :(

I am Enigo Montoya. Talk to your doctor to see if Butrex is right for you.

:(

Mentok said:
You beat me to it :(

It's a popular quote maybe you'll get to use it somewhere else :)

Then again maybe you'll be late again :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"