Brüno......

Dark Donnie

Kenny Powers is Back!
Reaction score
......"Delicious Journeys Through America for the Purpose of Making Heterosexual Males Visibly Uncomfortable in the Presence of a Gay Foreigner in a Mesh T-Shirt"

Didn't see a thread so.....
bruno440.jpg

Director:
Dan Mazer

Starring:
Sasha Baron Cohen

Sacha Baron Cohen to play another Ali G alter ego
Article from: Agence France-Presse

September 10, 2007 11:00pm

SACHA Baron Cohen has secretly begun filming his new big screen spoof based on an outrageous Ali G character named Bruno.
The British funnyman is following-up his monster hit Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan with a feature film based on another of his politically-incorrect alter egos.

Cohen will play gay fashion reporter Bruno, one of the outrageous identities he introduced in his Ali G television series.

Production on the movie, which Cohen sold to Universal for a reported $50 million, is believed to have begun several weeks ago under a veil of secrecy.

There have been reported sightings of Cohen - in costume as the flamboyant Austrian television personality - attending low-key events around Los Angeles, accompanied by a small film crew.

Secrecy was paramount in the creation of Borat, with Cohen successfully hoodwinking people into believing he was a reporter from Kazakhstan who was visiting the US to do a serious report about American culture.

The film went on to top global box office takings and prompted several of the people unwittingly involved in the comedy hit to threaten Cohen with legal action.

As Cohen's profile has risen in the US following the success of Borat, it has become increasingly difficult for the 1.91cm-tall star to keep his identity secret as he films his new spoof.

Sources close to the production told News Limited that filming on the movie will take Cohen away from Los Angeles over the next few weeks, right as his fiancee - Australian actress Isla Fisher - is in the final stages of her pregnancy.

Friends of the couple told News Limited that they were planning to have the baby in LA, rather than return to his native London where they have a home in the exclusive suburb of Hampstead.

Fisher, 31, is due to give birth to the couple's first child in about five weeks and Cohen will take a break from filming to be by her side.

The former Home & Away starlet, who shares a lavish pad in the Hollywood Hills with the funnyman, recently told News Limited she had no plans to rush back to her movie career following the baby's arrival. "I don't want to put the pressure on myself to have to race back to something," Fisher said.

"So I'm just taking it easy and seeing how I feel."

Universal Pictures bought the rights to Bruno for a reported $55 million, with Cohen set to pocket a salary of about $16 million and 15 percent of the film's profits.

During Cohen's original television portrayal of Bruno, he duped everyday people and entertainment industry names to say ridiculous and often contradictory things.

Among the high-profile names to be successfully fooled by Cohen and featured on the series were supermodels Gisele Bundchen and Sophie Dahl, fashion designer Carolina Herrera and Hollywood hairdresser-to-the-stars Jonathan Antin.

To play Borat, Cohen spent six weeks growing body hair and a thick moustache while to become Bruno he has his hair shaved into a mohawk and his whole body waxed.

Bruno is being directed by English writer-producer Dan Mazer, who has collaborated with Cohen since he made his British television debut in 1998 on The 11 O'Clock Show as the spoof rapper Ali G.

The film is being produced by Hollywood veteran Jay Roach, who produced Borat and directed the three Austin Powers movies, Meet The Parents and Meet The Fokkers.

Cohen has also signed on to then star in Dinner for Schmucks, an English language remake of the French comedy Le Diner de Cons to be directed by Roach.

Cohen's Bruno Causes Trouble in Kansas
Source: TheBadandUgly.com
March 29, 2008

TheBadandUgly.com reports that "Borat" star Sacha Baron Cohen has been filming his next pic, "Bruno" (possible full title " Brüno: Delicious Journeys Through America for the Purpose of Making Heterosexual Males Visibly Uncomfortable in the Presence of a Gay Foreigner in a Mesh T-Shirt"), in Kansas and has already caused problems at the Wichita Mid-Continent Airport. You can read what happened here!

In related news, /Film (which has a short video of the above) says a church in Kansas reported that a strange European camera crew showed up to their Easter play with the on air personality in chains. Ben Affleck was also reportedly fooled into believing he was being interviewed by a "very famous openly gay fashion journalist." More on this here!

Directed again by Dan Mazer ("Borat"), the comedy will be released by Universal Pictures.
The video is at the bottom of the link

Sounds like he got Affleck, hopefully that church was The Westboro Baptist:cmad:

I can't wait to see this movie. I loved Borat and Bruno is hilarious.

YAY! I love "Da Ali G Show" so I'm looking forward to this. Damn, the title is longer than Borat's.

I'll see this. I wish I saw Borat when it first came out 'cause it makes me giggle no matter how many times I watch it, timeless.

Never found Bruno to be equally as funny as AliG or Borat. But watching homophobic guys get uncomfortable is pretty fun.

btw, long titles arnt funny Cohen. Stop doing them!

Can't wait for this movie!! I'd say he's really gonna push the limits when it comes to annoying/provoking people. Borat was just a teaser for Bruno!

Never found Bruno to be equally as funny as AliG or Borat. But watching homophobic guys get uncomfortable is pretty fun.

btw, long titles arnt funny Cohen. Stop doing them!

that's the best part. I want to see him go down to texas or mississippi and try that stuff on them. it will be hilarious.

I loved Borat, so obviously I'll be seeing this. Funny to hear he tricked Affleck.

As a fan of both Borat's and Bruno's appearances on Ali Gin the USA, I'm definately looking forward to this.

:up:

Can't wait for this flick... I want it to be out already!

And who else thinks Cohen needs to come up with some more characters to make people uncomfortable with?

The ONLY thing i have enjoyed watching that had Cohen in was Madagaster (SP?).

Can't stand the actor and nothing could get me to see this movie.

"To play Borat, Cohen spent six weeks growing body hair"

Pfft, amateur. I've been doing that since my first growth spurt. Try doing that before you ask for a medal, Borat! :p

Cohen has already got Ben Affleck apperantly. He was complaining about some weird austrian Tv guy hassling him.

Also Cohen got the Govener. Not everyone knows who he is when he is iin character.
bruno-arnold-schwarzenegger-11-24.jpg

bruno-arnold-schwarzenegger-01-85.jpg

bruno-arnold-schwarzenegger-05-80.jpg

I was looking forward to Bruno before but now that Arnie may be in it.

Wow.

Wow. He looks like a complete homo in these pictures :up:. Nice re-design, and wise, too. That's probably why people don't seem to notice who he is.

Bruno Gets an Epic Summer Blockbuster Release Date

bruno440.jpg

Posted on Tuesday, June 17th, 2008 at 4:54 pm by: Peter Sciretta

bruno release date

Universal has finally set a date for Sacha Baron Cohen’s follow-up to Borat. Bruno: Delicious Journeys Through America for the Purpose of Making Heterosexual Males Visibly Uncomfortable in the Presence of a Gay Foreigner in a Mesh T-Shirt will hit theaters on May 15th 2009, a date which has become synonymous with the beginning of the Summer movie season. That week has been the home of the Shrek trilogy, all three Star Wars prequels, The Matrix Reloaded, and The Da Vinci Code. Point is, Universal must have a lot of faith in the movie to put it in this very important calendar spot. In 2009, Bruno is set to go head to head with Ron Howard’s adaptation of Angels & Demons.

Not much has been released reguarding the new film, but we know that Bruno has interviewed Arnold Schwarzenegger and Ben Affleck, and was caught stripping down to tight shorts in the lobby of Wichita Kansas Airport.

Bruno set to go head-to-head with "Angels and Demons", eh? My money's on "Bruno", as a hell of a lot more people enjoyed "Borat" than "The Da Vinci Code".

i'll pass... one of my favorites from the tv show was borat, and i strongly disliked that movie, and bruno was my least favorite character, so.... yeah, i did the math.

not a big borat fan at all(didnt like it)... but this one looks interesting

Bruno set to go head-to-head with "Angels and Demons", eh? My money's on "Bruno", as a hell of a lot more people enjoyed "Borat" than "The Da Vinci Code".

Ditto. Even if it's R rated it'll do good, they just have to market it saying stuff like "From the actor/creator of Borat" or something. I'm really looking forward to this up there with Terminator 4, Wolverine & Transformers 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"