Brad Pitt Climbs Tree of Life

may need to give it a rewatch

confused me beyond belief lol

Oh yes, you should. The first time I saw it, I loathed it. Then I saw it again, something stuck. Watched it again, something else caught on. Watched it again, couldn't get enough of it.

Thanks for the screenshots, guys.

May cannot come fast enough.

The film looks beautiful but I really hope the movie doesn't consist of 90% voiceovers like The New World. That drove me a little crazy, even though the film was beautiful.

I don't mind voiceovers, but I think a movie needs dialogue.

What a beautiful film.

Makes me wonder if it would be as beautfiul in digital. That's why I love film so much because digital always look drab and I don't know if it can capture the beauty of Malick's style.

The film looks beautiful but I really hope the movie doesn't consist of 90% voiceovers like The New World. That drove me a little crazy, even though the film was beautiful.

I don't mind voiceovers, but I think a movie needs dialogue.

One of the greatest aspects of Malick's poetic, transcendental style is his ability to tell a story without too much dialogue.

I dont understand, but goddamn if I'm not intrigued... :up:

11-1.jpg

My favorite shot.

This film looks stunning. I have no idea what it's about really, but it's one beautiful moment after another.

I love this shot. The lighting in all of Malick's films are always the best. Looks like 'Tree of Life' will deliver on that aspect and much more. :up:

My favorite shot.

Mine to. Reminds me of a moment in Sunshine when the astronauts pass by Mercury, which is just a pinprick set against the bright sun. Beautiful. Who would've thought that my two favorite things, literally, space and Malick in the same film. Jebus be praized!

I love this shot. The lighting in all of Malick's films are always the best. Looks like 'Tree of Life' will deliver on that aspect and much more. :up:

Yes. Malick's films are as close to natural as any I can think of. Quite often he says to his camera men, go out and film. Capture what you think looks good. It's especially apparent in The New World.

Amazing trailer. It definitely feels like a Terence Mallick film. I'm very intrigued now. I hope this won't be a limited release.

Beautiful cinematography as always with Mallick but the film doesn't really interest me.

Movie looks amazing. Not that familiar with Malick, I've only seen The New World, which I enjoyed.

Yea, them silent films sure did suck. :dry:

Ooooh good one. Wow, you really got me there. You're such a genius.

I'm sure that silent films not having dialogue had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that, oh, I don't know... they DIDN'T have the technology yet.

I don't know much about the movie (let alone how it will the finished product will turn out), and though I appreciate what Malick does I'm not his biggest fan.

That being said, that trailer was a complete and utter work of art.

Great looking film i like the line : " Someday we'll all fall down.and we will understand it all,all things"

Visually, it looks stunning. But I have no ****ing clue what's going on.

Visually, it looks stunning. But I have no ****ing clue what's going on.
IMDB says it's about the main character "losing his innocence" as a boy. I'm not too sure if I buy that as a major drama, but okay. :funny:

It's got beautiful shots, though.

Cannot wait for this film. I love The New World and TTRL and like Badlands and Days of Heaven a lot. Can't see this being any different. Boy did they use a lot of corny lines in that trailer though.

Beautiful cinematography as always with Mallick but the film doesn't really interest me.
Same here. If you're going to sell a movie with a trailer you have to make it in a way so audience can at least get a grasp of the story. I just saw one beautiful shot after another...but got nothing that will actually make me want to watch this movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"