Bradley Cooper Joins Clint Eastwood in The Mule

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/946935-bradley-cooper-joins-clint-eastwood-in-the-mule

Variety reports that Oscar nominee Bradley Cooper (American Sniper, American Hustle, Silver Linings Playbook) may be reuniting with Oscar winner Clint Eastwood (Letters from Iwo Jima, Million Dollar Baby, Mystic River) on The Mule, the drama Eastwood is directing and will also star in.

In The Mule, Clint Eastwood stars as Earl Stone, a man in his 80s who is broke, alone, and facing foreclosure of his business when he is offered a job that simply requires him to drive. Easy enough but, unbeknownst to Earl, he’s just signed on as a drug courier for a Mexican cartel. He does well—so well, in fact, that his cargo increases exponentially, and Earl is assigned a handler. But he isn’t the only one keeping tabs on Earl; the mysterious new drug mule has also hit the radar of hard-charging DEA agent Colin Bates. And even as his money problems become a thing of the past, Earl’s past mistakes start to weigh heavily on him, and it’s uncertain if he’ll have time to right those wrongs before law enforcement, or the cartel’s enforcers, catch up to him.

Cooper will be playing the DEA agent. This movie would mark Eastwood’s first acting role since 2012’s Trouble with the Curve.
Sounds like a pretty good role for Clint.

Yeah this sounds like it could be something great.

They should get Shirley MacLaine in this too for a reunion. Then it can be "Two Mules For Sister Sara" :hehe:

He also needs to recreate this scene from A Fistful of Dollars:

[YT]sI3fN5wvMtM[/YT]

Sounds good. But I won't lie, when I saw the title of this thread, I was hoping that the film would be a western. I mean, it sounds like it's kind of a modern day western, but you know what I mean.

Apparently Michael Pena is in this telling long-winded stories to Eastwood and Cooper.

Clint as a middle American about to loose his livelihood who is coerced by Mexicans into a life of crime?

... okay.

https://twitter.com/kristapley/status/1033814708732620800

Kristopher Tapley
@kristapley

Best Actor race poised for a shakeup this year...
Les.gif

Clint Eastwood’s ‘The Mule’ Gets December Release Date

The Warner Bros. thriller will open on December 14, 2018 in wide release. Eastwood stars in the film and directs. “The Mule” will face off against Universal’s pricey sci-fi fantasy “Mortal Engines,” STX’s Jennifer Lopez rom-com “Second Act,” and Sony’s animated adventure “Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse.” The film is seen as more of a commercial effort. It’s not expected to be a major Oscar contender.

Eastwood stars in “The Mule” as Earl Stone, a man in his 80s who is broke, alone, and facing foreclosure of his business when he is offered a job as a drug courier for a Mexican cartel. After being assigned a menacing handler, Stone also attracts attention from DEA agent Colin Bates. In addition to Eastwood, the cast includes Bradley Cooper, Dianne Wiest, and Michael Peña.

As is standard for Eastwood, the four-time Oscar winning filmmaker finished the film early: Production wrapped in early July and a cut was recently shown to Warner Bros. brass over the weekend which wowed them.

While many will be quick to label The Mule as immediate awards season bait, especially given Eastwood’s track record, we hear that The Mule is more in line with the legendary filmmaker’s commercial vehicle Gran Torino which debuted limited on Dec. 12, 2008 and expanded over Christmas gradually swelling to an enormous $148M stateside, his highest grossing title as an actor, and second-highest as a director.

He always finishes shooting his movies early. And does he even have an post production? His movies seem to consist of one take and once he's wrapped, it's straight to movie theatres. It's almost like he's shooting a home video.

I wouldn't be surprised if this ended up being one of my favorites of the year judging by that trailer, which would be maybe the first time that someone has directed one of my favorites of the year with one film and one of my least with another (The 15:17 to Paris). This film definitely seems to have all the things that the other didn't for me (fantastic cast, great storyline imo).

Wow that looks incredible. I really love the music in that trailer and its even more effective when there is lack of it. This is definitely one of my most anticipated films of December.

Looks like he's being chased by DEA at the end. I hope he doesn't go down in a hail of bullets again like "Gran Torino"

Solid trailer. Hopefully it can stand out amongst the bigger films in December.

Yeah, that trailer was effective without spoiling too much, and I'm really looking forward to this. Nice to see that he's still directing and acting at his age.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"