Bradley Cooper Joins Clint Eastwood in The Mule

DqSZ2TQVsAENRE3.jpg

'The Mule': Film Review

Less cranky and inciting than Gran Torino but persuasively expressive in conveying an old man's regrets along with his desire to improve himself even in late age, The Mule shows that Eastwood's still got it, both as a director and actor.

Film Review: Clint Eastwood in ‘The Mule’

If you’ve read this far, then you are at least receptive to the idea that “The Mule” could do better where its identity politics are concerned, and that’s perhaps the biggest disappointment in a movie that is classic Eastwood: spare, efficient, and morally complicated enough (regarding Earl’s motives) to deliver a satisfying night at the movies. This isn’t the role that will earn Eastwood a legion of new fans, but it’s almost sure to delight those who appreciate him already.

This film jus passed 100M in North America.

This must be some kind of a record as the highest grossing film for a movie starring an 80+ year old?

Loved it. I will admit the first 20-30 minutes I was thinking to myself have I just paid to see a movie of Eastwood's daily commute.

But it very quickly gets going and some of the more emotional moments with the family were touching. My friend who very rarely ever cry's was bubbling twice in this film.

Not sure how many more films Eastwood is going to do but definitely no sign of the quality of his movies slipping.

I loved it. Cantankerous Old-man Clint is so awesome :wowe:

Clint's character in this movie is not someone who you should aspire to be and he reminds us about that a lot during the course of the film but dammit, he is so likable and charming. He makes casual racist & sexist remarks (they are rather tone deaf) but still remains winsome.

He also has two three-some scenes (I know it was off-screen but it still counts) in the movie :shock He even jokes about having a heart attack during one of them :lmao:

I finally saw this some weeks ago and honestly I was pretty dissapointed by it. Maybe its because I was expecting more of a gritty, crime epic based off of that incredible trailer, but this movie turned out to be something entirely different which I wasn't a big fan of. Clint isn't the problem though as he gives a solid performance in this, and I'll admit that quite a few of his scenes did get a laugh out of me, but the tone of this film was so all over the place and I felt like the supporting cast which is great btw was completely wasted.

Yeah, this was Clint's show from beginning to end.

Fishburne and Andy Garcia were especially wasted in their bit part roles but BCoop & Pena weren't up-to much either. Both of them were just going through the motions.

I give this props to show a movie with an 80+ year old in the lead can make over 100M.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"