Brand New Wizard Article about F4: ROTSS

My personal guess is that the cloud will mask the creature within... and then, we may seen a familiar silouhette inside the cloud with a forked helmet on top... or perhaps a massive hand reaching out from within. :)

And if what Bishop2 and I hypothesize is what we see in this movie...nothing integral about Galactus will have been betrayed.

They're saving "full-on" Galactus for the next FF or a Silver Surfer film.

As long as Galactus is revealed or even implied to be a single, sentient being, I think I will be satisfied.

This I can live with. Give me a sentient being with motive behind the threat of destruction. Give me a reason to believe that the Silver Surfer has a believable purpose.

A cloud of energy, a horde of hive ships, whatever... as long as they're either a manifestation or tool of some intelligent, supremely powerful entity.

. . . and, here's an interesting quote Iron Maiden just posted on another thread:

IESB: We talked about it earlier today, the announcement of Laurence Fishburne being the voice of the Silver Surfer, Fox has said that they don’t know if Galactus will even have a voice, can we address the rumor that Galactus is a giant cloud or something like that, is there any truth to those rumors?

Arad: You know, that’s why they call them rumors (laughter), you will see more than a cloud, you will have enough Galactus to rejoice (laughter).

IESB: I know that Fox has said that there wasn’t a test screening of FF2 in Seattle, is that true?

Arad: (Laughter) I don’t know where that came from, you should know that every time someone said that they went to a screening of a Marvel property, they are full of it. We would never do that, forget it.
source: IESB.net

This gives me hope and makes me worry all at once.

I'm a 100 percent certain that if I were given a 150-180million I could do a better job at putting a quality F4 movie on the big screen. I know nearly nothing about making a film, but i do have a brain and I know the source material. Yeah it's easy for me to say I can do it, but the truth is I can and suspect enough here can pull it off as well. The best way to pull it off is find a creative team and people who know what they are doing. That is where you start. I'm not saying it'll be a cake walk, but I'm certain to find the right people who have a nack for this type of material wouldn't be like looking for a needle in a haystack, especailly in Hollywood. Their's a lot of talent and better driectors that aren't A list that would pull it off. People who care enough and know what they are doing. Poeple who know the difference between changing certain elements to make the film adaptable for the bigscreen and not doing mindless changes like a powered surf board.

FOX has been at this for too many years not to know better. There is no reason why they shouldn't be able to get a faithful and quality product on the bigscreen if Sony can do it with Spiderman.

I'm a 100 percent certain that if I were given a 150-180million I could do a better job at putting a quality F4 movie on the big screen. I know nearly nothing about making a film, but i do have a brain and I know the source material. Yeah it's easy for me to say I can do it, but the truth is I can and suspect enough here can pull it off as well. The best way to pull it off is find a creative team and people who know what they are doing. That is where you start. I'm not saying it'll be a cake walk, but I'm certain to find the right people who have a nack for this type of material wouldn't be like looking for a needle in a haystack, especailly in Hollywood. Their's a lot of talent and better driectors that aren't A list that would pull it off. People who care enough and know what they are doing. Poeple who know the difference between changing certain elements to make the film adaptable for the bigscreen and not doing mindless changes like a powered surf board.

FOX has been at this for too many years not to know better. There is no reason why they shouldn't be able to get a faithful and quality product on the bigscreen if Sony can do it with Spiderman.

Wow........just wow.......:dry:

You really should use cut and paste.....:cwink:

I'm a 100 percent certain that if I were given a 150-180million I could do a better job at putting a quality F4 movie on the big screen. I know nearly nothing about making a film, but i do have a brain and I know the source material. Yeah it's easy for me to say I can do it, but the truth is I can and suspect enough here can pull it off as well.

You're talking about the first film right? Not the sequel, which isn't out yet?

Because... yeah, I'd agree with you. I could do it too. The first film was pretty disappointing on many levels, and it's pretty much all Fox's fault. They're the ones who developed the script before they hired a director (let's face it - Story was little more than a hired hand). Hell, the director didn't even get final cut. Ultimately, the entire first movie falls to the producers, and most of us could easily have written and directed something more satisfying given the opportunity. Hell, the Corman film is more satisfying in some areas, and it cost $2 million! But we don't have the connections or the money that the fatcats have, so we have to just sigh and watch what we have, even when it's a bitter pill to swallow. But do I believe you, me or most of the average nerds I could pull out of a comic shop who've never shot a movie in their lives could do a better job? Oh, absolutely.

But let's wait and see the new film before we pass judgment on how they did it this time. :)

^^ A novel idea old chap, go to the head of the class.

Still hoping for some kind of cameo of Herbie. :D

On another note, I hope Julian gets Doom now, the last interview with him, he didn't quite understand Doom. I hope someone at least qued him in.

You're talking about the first film right? Not the sequel, which isn't out yet?

Because... yeah, I'd agree with you. I could do it too. The first film was pretty disappointing on many levels, and it's pretty much all Fox's fault. They're the ones who developed the script before they hired a director (let's face it - Story was little more than a hired hand). Hell, the director didn't even get final cut. Ultimately, the entire first movie falls to the producers, and most of us could easily have written and directed something more satisfying given the opportunity. Hell, the Corman film is more satisfying in some areas, and it cost $2 million! But we don't have the connections or the money that the fatcats have, so we have to just sigh and watch what we have, even when it's a bitter pill to swallow. But do I believe you, me or most of the average nerds I could pull out of a comic shop who've never shot a movie in their lives could do a better job? Oh, absolutely.

But let's wait and see the new film before we pass judgment on how they did it this time. :)

What planet are you 2 living on?????? lmao:oldrazz:

Ya'll are taking some goooooooooood drugs.......:dry:

Wow........just wow.......:dry:

You really should use cut and paste.....:cwink:

Mock me all you want. I'm not an idiot. I know the power of hiring people based off talent, doing research, and networking. I never said that I'd be the one writing, directing, doing fx work, and casting the film myself. Anyone with lots of money can find professionals in any field to accomplish a task. You think Oprah Winfrey built and put togehter that school over in africa herself? She hired people to di it and it turned out great.

My employer has given specific tasks to perform as well as orginize events that has nothing to do with the type of business they are. I've had budgets to see me through and do you think I tried to attempt it myself? No, I hired people who's area of said expertise was what i needed to accomplish my assignement. You find the right people. I'm not saying it's as easy as 1.2.3, but in can be done. That is all FOX execs had to do, but for whatever reason they appear to have dropped the ball. The really pathetic part is that FOX has been in the game for decades. They shouldn't have a difficult time getting out a quality product and finding the right people for the job.

LOL...I love it...I like to think that Galactus is going to be a lot more than we think, maybe not quite Kirby/Lee's original vision but something very similar that will be a great compromise...then again, I am optimistic..just look at the greatness that is coming together AT LAST for Doom...I am quite pleased at everything so far...

I didn't see any Doom greatness, and I was really looking for some of it. All I saw was that, as I said before, "he looks like some awful mix of Japanese superhero with He-Man's Skeletor".

And I don't think the rumors about Galactus are getting out of proportion, either. If we combine what wwe have so far of Doom and add all they said about the giant, we have a cloud, and, if we are a bit lucky, a shadow WITHOUT the famous helmet.

I doesn't bode well. Silver Surfer and The F4 will have to make the movie worth the ticket, but then again (rumor has it) the Thing is just a sidekick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"