Brand New Wizard Article about F4: ROTSS

And this part about Doom's looks is simply a fat LIE: Doom in the pictures recently seen as he'll be shown in ROTSS is unrecognizable.

It is so bad, and bad in such a nasty way that I can't even find words to describe. If SS and the F4 got a nice depiction, Doom is one of Marvel's characters that were totally messed up.

Now he looks like some awful mix of Japanese superhero with He-Man's Skeletor.

I swear: I wasn't expecting much, but they really managed to destroy any good expectations with Doom I couldhave had. His visuals are so ridiculously amateurish.

I hope you are right but I have to ask, based on what?

I posted this on another thread, but it may be more appropriate here:

There's a really interesting quote from Ralph Winter toward the end of the Empire article (and I didn't save my copy, and I'm hoping someone will dig it up and post that quote).

He basically says that Galactus may come to earth in the third film.

I think that would be great if true, and many of the comments we've heard (Ioan specifically seemed to be very candid . . . until someone at the studio shut him up) seem to support that possibility.

Can somebody please look up that Empire quote?

Remember this quote from Ioan?

Ioan Gruffud: It's more of a finite movie than the first one. It's not open-ended in that sense. But Galactus doesn't actually appear, so it does leave room for that possibility.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/news/articles/3356.asp

Of course after he said that, all the studio execs tried to put more vague spin on things, but I think he was speaking the simple truth and the studio is trying to confuse us to try to keep things under wraps and keep us interested (and get us talking about it so people will want to see the movie).

I think that simple statement was like the photo of Doom's armor. It was a little piece of information that got out by accident without the studio's approval.

If "Galactus" is on earth at the end of the story as told in the novel which describes the cloud, the story simply doesn't make sense (not saying that it's impossible that there's a big problem with the story, but it seems unlikely).

In the body of the story, we find out (as we all know) that Norrin Radd once lived on a planet similar to earth, but he made a deal with Galactus to save his planet (as we all know).

Then this "cloud" shows up to eat the earth, but the Surfer leads it away at the end. If the "cloud" actually is Galactus . . . what the hell is going on? Galactus just follows the Surfer away even though Galactus was capable of making the deal with the Surfer and, therefore, capable of thought and actions at least somewhat similar to what we know from the comics? That doesn't make any sense.

That, combined with the other quotes I've mentioned (and others) seem to indicate that the cloud isn't Galactus.

. . . and, here's an interesting quote Iron Maiden just posted on another thread:

IESB: We talked about it earlier today, the announcement of Laurence Fishburne being the voice of the Silver Surfer, Fox has said that they don’t know if Galactus will even have a voice, can we address the rumor that Galactus is a giant cloud or something like that, is there any truth to those rumors?

Arad: You know, that’s why they call them rumors (laughter), you will see more than a cloud, you will have enough Galactus to rejoice (laughter).

IESB: I know that Fox has said that there wasn’t a test screening of FF2 in Seattle, is that true?

Arad: (Laughter) I don’t know where that came from, you should know that every time someone said that they went to a screening of a Marvel property, they are full of it. We would never do that, forget it.
source: IESB.net

Willie Lumpkin said:
Arad: You know, that’s why they call them rumors (laughter), you will see more than a cloud, you will have enough Galactus to rejoice (laughter).

Thanks for pointing this out, Willie! :up:

^^^^ how did you get that.....he didn't say "more than one cloud" he said "more THAN A cloud"....

Two clouds?

LOL...I love it...I like to think that Galactus is going to be a lot more than we think, maybe not quite Kirby/Lee's original vision but something very similar that will be a great compromise...then again, I am optimistic..just look at the greatness that is coming together AT LAST for Doom...I am quite pleased at everything so far...

The blind hatred in this thread is rather disturbing. There are people who refuse to consider that a man on fire qas a hero may not be quite the same thing as a giant man in a purple and blue outfit with a tall head threatening to eat the Earth. Do I think Galactus could be done RIGHT on-film? Absolutely. Do I think he WOULD be? Nope, that's very unlikely. So a well done "cloud" or whatever is fifty times better than a rubbishly done or amateurishly done Kirby Galactus which would be laughed out of the cinema. They're NOT the same and some of the haters should consider for a moment that not everyone will say "Wow! The giant purple man is testimont to the genius of Kirby!"

Can they make a special feature on the DVD so you can switch from the Galactcloud to the Giantalactus at wish?

It could be just me. But I think folks are seriously overreacting on this whole situation. :csad:

Yes well.......that is what we do best here.......

LOL...I love it...I like to think that Galactus is going to be a lot more than we think, maybe not quite Kirby/Lee's original vision but something very similar that will be a great compromise...

My personal guess is that the cloud will mask the creature within... and then, we may seen a familiar silouhette inside the cloud with a forked helmet on top... or perhaps a massive hand reaching out from within. :)

My personal guess is that the cloud will mask the creature within... and then, we may seen a familiar silouhette inside the cloud with a forked helmet on top... or perhaps a massive hand reaching out from within. :)

That's kinda what I expect, too. Which will be fine by me! :up:

That is definitely my hope......

FOX and Story just doesn not get it. Galactus is not a bunch of bug ships, he is a being who existed before the birth of the 616 universe. What ever deal he made to survive and become Galactus is between him and the intelligent force that made him what he is. Galactus's draining living worlds of energy serves a purpose to the universe that hasn't been answered yet.

FOX and Story just doesn not get it. Galactus is not a bunch of bug ships, he is a being who existed before the birth of the 616 universe. What ever deal he made to survive and become Galactus is between him and the intelligent force that made him what he is. Galactus's draining living worlds of energy serves a purpose to the universe that hasn't been answered yet.

But how do you know they don't get it? :huh: We haven't seen anything yet. This entire discussion is being fueled 100% off of rumors. Rumors that--to be quite frank--are getting blown WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY out of proportion by fanboys.

And if what Bishop2 and I hypothesize is what we see in this movie...nothing integral about Galactus will have been betrayed.

They're saving "full-on" Galactus for the next FF or a Silver Surfer film.

As long as Galactus is revealed or even implied to be a single, sentient being, I think I will be satisfied.

But how do you know they don't get it? :huh: We haven't seen anything yet. This entire discussion is being fueled 100% off of rumors. Rumors that--to be quite frank--are getting blown WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY out of proportion by fanboys.

If we did not blow them waaay out of proportion, could we truly be considered fanboys? ;)

I posted this on another thread, but it may be more appropriate here:

If "Galactus" is on earth at the end of the story as told in the novel which describes the cloud, the story simply doesn't make sense (not saying that it's impossible that there's a big problem with the story, but it seems unlikely).

In the body of the story, we find out (as we all know) that Norrin Radd once lived on a planet similar to earth, but he made a deal with Galactus to save his planet (as we all know).

Then this "cloud" shows up to eat the earth, but the Surfer leads it away at the end. If the "cloud" actually is Galactus . . . what the hell is going on? Galactus just follows the Surfer away even though Galactus was capable of making the deal with the Surfer and, therefore, capable of thought and actions at least somewhat similar to what we know from the comics? That doesn't make any sense.

That, combined with the other quotes I've mentioned (and others) seem to indicate that the cloud isn't Galactus.

I get why you think there must be more to him from those quotes but I just don't trust them to be honest. I've heard the 'fans wont be dissapointed' line before from Fox, and that statement has proved to be less than reliable.

On the story problems in the novel...well, the first film had several things that didn't make any sense too: Doom's business going to the wall for no clear reason, the FF being lauded as heroes for an accident Ben instigated, Doom stealing weapons from himself. None of these things were given any clear explanation (though with the bridge scene that was clearly just poor writing).

So if the film ends as the novel does, even if it doesn't make any sense, I cant say I'd be surprised.

A sentient being HAS to be at the heart of Galactus. Any other explanation eliminates the need for a cosmic powered herald. I liken it to the old Star Trek episode with the giant space amoeba. It destroys because it exists. There is no morality to it. It just lives. Something that just exists has no need for an intelligent servant.

This is one of the problems I had with Ultimate Gah Lak Tus. If you're a horde of biomechanical entities with a hive mind... what use is a humanoid herald? Wouldn't an advance scout for the collective just be a specialized version of one of the entities?

I truly think that FOX does not care. They are looking for the most cost effective way. Why pour a 100 million into a movie and then half @ss it? I'm not saying to break the bank, but do it right.

What FOX and Story appear not to get about Galactus and the Silver Surfer is that this man wasn't chosen by Galactus to become his Herald. Norrin Radd offered himself to galactus as a servant because he saw it as the only option to save his home world. He sought out galactus before he could feed of of his world. Galactus was weak and he basically said that he would seek out planets for him while he reserved his ever depleteing energy. That right there speaks of nobility on Radd's part and intelligence on Galactus's part. It can't be that way with a force of nature or a cloud or whatever it is that feeds just to feed. Galactus is not some animalistic type being who purpose is survival with out intelligent thought.

Galactus has played a role in other issues in the Universe. He is on the short list of Supremely unmatched powerful Cosmic Entities that is respected and to a non direct degree control the 616 universe.

As for Ultimate Galactus, Ellias's depiction of Galactus was a raping of the true Galactus. Now in defense of Ellias and after reading the story arc i suspect that The being behind the horde of drone ships is going to show up and directly attempt to drain the Earth. His drone ships undoubtly have a hive mind intelligence that he created. I just got the feeling over and over that ultimate galactus was beaten to easily. Also no Watcher even showed up. Even now theirs an upcoming new story arc in Ultimate f4 where the SS returns. What does that mean? FOX went ahead and jumped on the Ultimate concept and it more then likly isn't even completed.

Shame on them and Shame on marvel for not retaining any creative control to probably their last property with big money potential. I would add the Avengers to that list, but from what I read the classic core characters may be owned by different studios, which would resort in an Avengers team of second string characters.

If we did not blow them waaay out of proportion, could we truly be considered fanboys? ;)

Too true.

It is who we are after all. We are the ones who sit in shadow, the ones who care, the ones who......

are fanatical about our heroes. :woot:

I don't think it';s true at all to say Ellis RAPED classic Galactus. He came up with a very different concept which could have worked and which failed not due to the Gah Lak Tus concept itself but due to poor writing and hideous pacing.

For the love of God man you can't be serious? All rumors usually have some truth to them. Of course that's a comment that is very closed minded, but from what has been pulled by FOX in the past i just don't see them gaining respect for Kirby's creations. They don't care about the source material enough to do it right. I can accept changes that further the story, but how is making the Surfer dependant on an artifact for power and Galactus being changed to the point where he is the character in name only being respectful and caring about the source material?

I'm not a defender of AICN, but some in Harry's camp have my respect, and Mori is one of them. i don't always agree with him, but the man had X3 pegged from the get go despite FOX trying to dismiss it as lies and saying their was no script review and yadda yadda yadda. AICN did report that the source of the SS's power is his board, and low and behold if that didn't pan out to be true. This cloud/Galactus thing and the screening in Seattle was also reported and FOX has denied the screening but not so much Galactus. I don't know what to believe, but I know that despite AICN getting a lot of stuff wrong about movie productions, they have got a lot stuff right about material coming out of FOX. Elektra, X3, AvP, and Eragon to mention some was pegged from the begining by FOX and everything panned out pretty much true.

Is this the case with ROTSS? maybe not, but if i was in Vegas I wouldn't lose any sleep if i put my money on AICN telling the truth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"