New article from Wizard Entertainment

For all this going-back-and-forth about Galactus' look I sincerly hope we get a good reveal of him on film. Because I have a strong feeling we aren't going to see crap, save a hazy outline of him in a nebulae. :p

We should at least get a "Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssseeeeeeee Galactus":wow:

^didn't he mention ultimate extinction... last time I checked.. that was all about Gah Lak Tus........

“As far as Galactus goes, the essence will be the same,” Payne maintains, describing the entity as an amalgam of concepts combined with the original “Coming of Galactus” story from Fantastic Four #48. “We’re also using elements from Fantastic Four #57-60, where the Silver Surfer encounters Dr. Doom,” Payne says. “Then there are a couple moments that were inspired by Ultimate Extinction.”

Payne maintains, describing the entity as an amalgam of concepts combined with the original “Coming of Galactus” story from Fantastic Four #48/“We’re also using elements from Fantastic Four #57-60 vs. a couple moments that were inspired by Ultimate Extinction.”

ok?????

Read the quote again

"there are a couple of moment's inspired by ultimate extintion"

that's what he said... it could very well mean Gah Lak Tus.... comeon, "the essence", what do you think he means by that... the essence, meaning Galactus's purpose will be the same, devouring planets. He will not be a purple purple space entity....

How about we simply allow everyone to give their opinion, including you, instead of telling everyone what their opinion should be... If you want the total original....thats cool....I see no problem with that....I would rather have alittle of the UFF thrown in as well....thats my opinion.....WITH imagination....thank you....:yay:

I would never tell someone what their opinion should be. I am however saying that rather than dismiss the notion that Galactus could be brought to the screen as he is in the comics (I lean towards the M:UA look, which is for all intent and purposes the 616 Galactus) based on the fear that he will look "corny", or "cheesy", use your imagination. These are fantasy films and if executed properly Galactus can be done. I'd like to think that the people who come to boards such as this and who enjoy such films have sophisticated imaginations that allow them to see past the men in tights, Power Rangers visage most seem to conjure up for these films.

As for the Ultimate version, I don't like it because it reeks of The Matrix sentinels and the Borg. I can already see some cliched hive scenario being introduced into the story. I also don't think having a swarm of ships the size of a US city (ID4) descending upon NY as the foe to the FF makes sense in relation to the FF and their adventure type stories. It sounds more like an invasion flick than an adventure flick. Something on that scale would have to involve other heroes in the Marvel Universe, as it does in the comics. Not to suggest Galactus doesn't warrant the same or similar attention.

"there are a couple of moment's inspired by ultimate extintion"

that's what he said... it could very well mean Gah Lak Tus.... comeon, "the essence", what do you think he means by that... the essence, meaning Galactus's purpose will be the same, devouring planets. He will not be a purple purple space entity....

A couple of moments hardly confirms he means that at all especially when he also talks about the original Galactus in the interview as well

A couple of moments hardly confirms he means that at all especially when he also talks about the original Galactus in the interview as well

but it doesn't deny that either.........

get serious for a moment.... what's going to be harder to pull off.... a bunch of interstellar robots.... or a giant purple man thing that talks in the third person....

but it doesn't deny that either.........

get serious for a moment.... what's going to be harder to pull off.... a bunch of interstellar robots.... or a giant purple man thing that talks in the third person....

That's the point it doesn't tell you anything,it's vague

As for the rest about pulling it off,it only requires talent and vision

I would never tell someone what their opinion should be. I am however saying that rather than dismiss the notion that Galactus could be brought to the screen as he is in the comics (I lean towards the M:UA look, which is for all intent and purposes the 616 Galactus) based on the fear that he will look "corny", or "cheesy", use your imagination. These are fantasy films and if executed properly Galactus can be done. I'd like to think that the people who come to boards such as this and who enjoy such films have sophisticated imaginations that allow them to see past the men in tights, Power Rangers visage most seem to conjure up for these films.

As for the Ultimate version, I don't like it because it reeks of The Matrix sentinels and the Borg. I can already see some cliched hive scenario being introduced into the story. I also don't think having a swarm of ships the size of a US city (ID4) descending upon NY as the foe to the FF makes sense in relation to the FF and their adventure type stories. It sounds more like an invasion flick than an adventure flick. Something on that scale would have to involve other heroes in the Marvel Universe, as it does in the comics. Not to suggest Galactus doesn't warrant the same or similar attention.

I understand where you are coming from.....I really do.....I simply think that a hint of the UFF could really help enhance who he is....and give a nod to those reading, what is right now, the best selling of the Fantastic Four Franchise magazines....NOT use the entire UFF....I never said that....

Turns on the sarcasto ray and steps in front of it.........

It's a good thing Sam Raimi and Donner took out all the cheese and corniness in their films. God knows, they would have been huge flops with the general audience. Who in the world would want to see a movie about a guy in tights swinging through NYC--audiences aren't familiar with the comics the way the comic nerds are. The material must be made realistic and believable for the average audience. Tights simply cannot work on the big screen. Spider-man should wear some kind of body armor and climbing claws like a ninja for a live-action movie. The closer these films are to the source material the worse of they are.

It seems Hollywood will never learn from huge financial disasters like the Star Wars franchise. You simply cannot go way over the top with these films.....Look at the Indiana Jones franchise and how miserably it was received by audiences--I mean come on!! Who can do all those things in real life? Gimme a break!! Who's supposed to believe that??!!...

Steps out of sarcasto ray.

You know, I really hope Payne and Story, as fans get to do Galactus the way they KNOW he should be done. Firstly so that we get to see Galactus on screen the way we've always imagined. Secondly to silence the nay sayers, who really seem devoid of any sort of sophisticated imagination.

There was so much of the same talk before the Spider-man films ad-nauseam. After Raimi and his team proved it could be done, the excuses came. "You can get away with it because it's Spider-man". "It worked because the films was so silly".

Jesus people imagination. If all you see is a comicbook page and the image of a guy with a "dorky helmet" I kinda feel sorry for you. If all you saw in Jackson's LOTR trilogy was a fun exciting summer movie, I feel sorry for you. If you don't get some sense of wonder from the Harry Potter films, I feel sorry for you. If the whole, Jedi Knights and Sith Lords thing comes across and corny and silly, rather than a classic and epic struggle between good and evil,.... I really don't know what to tell you.

Use your God given imagination.

Sorry maybe I'm not a part of your "we"/"we've"...., these things tend to send me the wrong message....a message of..."your an idiot with no imagination if you don't think the way I do...." sorry I tend to not really enjoy being told I have no imagination because I don't think the exact same way as some fans do.....:cwink:

Was the Gah-Lak-Tus saga actually part of the UFF or a stand alone ?

Was the Gah-Lak-Tus saga actually part of the UFF or a stand alone ?

I believe its an Ultimate stand alone.....I haven't read any of it in the UFF....but that doesn't mean a whole lot.....:woot:

I understand where you are coming from.....I really do.....I simply think that a hint of the UFF could really help enhance who he is....and give a nod to those reading, what is right now, the best selling of the Fantastic Four Franchise magazines....NOT use the entire UFF....I never said that....

Turns on the sarcasto ray and steps in front of it.........

Sorry maybe I'm not a part of your "we"/"we've"...., these things tend to send me the wrong message....a message of..."your an idiot with no imagination if you don't think the way I do...." sorry I tend to not really enjoy being told I have no imagination because I don't think the exact same way as some fans do.....:cwink:

No need to apologize. It's all good. Sometimes the passion gets the better of me and I overlook the difference in imaginative tendencies......

BTW.....you might want to be careful with that sarcasto ray, it can get you in trouble.:yay:

No need to apologize. It's all good. Sometimes the passion gets the better of me and I overlook the difference in imaginative tendencies......

BTW.....you might want to be careful with that sarcasto ray, it can get you in trouble.:yay:

Actually.....I just forgot to put that in quotes....

And the apology was sarcasm not heartfelt...........:cwink: :cwink: :cwink:

But as you put it.....yes.....it's all good......:woot:

This is what you should do to Galactus.
Change the colour scheme from this:
url

To this:
galactuscopy.jpg

Same colours, just desaturated. Looks more natural and menacing.

I simply think that a hint of the UFF could really help enhance who he is....and give a nod to those reading, what is right now, the best selling of the Fantastic Four Franchise magazines

What if the "hint" they used to "nod" to the current Ultimate readers was to give the SS wings? I don't think many SS fans would be happy about that!

According to the solicits for the month of December 2006, Fantastic Four #541 came in at fifteen out of the top one hundred comics for that month.

Ultimate Fantastic Four #37 came in at thirty-four.

:word:

According to the solicits for the month of December 2006, Fantastic Four #541 came in at fifteen out of the top one hundred comics for that month.

Awesome...I only have my comic store manager here to really go by....the UFF sells better than all the others (F4 series) combined in his store....but hey #15 is well.....fantastic....lol

This is what you should do to Galactus.
Change the colour scheme from this:
url

To this:
galactuscopy.jpg

Same colours, just desaturated. Looks more natural and menacing.

I'd like to see the second pic, but its a red X for me.....:csad:

Best comics news I've heard in a while. :up:
UFF is alright, but nothing beats the original - assuming they keep qualified creators working on it.
Fortunately, it looks like new FF wroter Dwayne McDuffy has the chops to write the 4. His first issue is just out (#542) and I really enjoyed the dialogue.

^^^ really, gotta get that issue this month for sure.

Best comics news I've heard in a while. :up:
UFF is alright, but nothing beats the original - assuming they keep qualified creators working on it.
Fortunately, it looks like new FF wroter Dwayne McDuffy has the chops to write the 4. His first issue is just out (#542) and I really enjoyed the dialogue.

Yeah, he wrote a limited series for Marvel last year called Beyond that was pretty good as well.

Plus; he's been writing for the excellent Justice League cartoon a bit the past few years.

He's very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"